A little wacky, I know, but I have one question: the space above the mural crown looks a little empty to me. Are there any other national symbols that I could use as a crest (so something that would be rising out from behind it like how the red lion sejant affronty sits on top of the crown in OTLs British coat of arms)?

Personally, I would have the bottom part of the mural crown be just above the rightmost part of the shield

Untitled.png

Here it is:

View attachment 548263

And here's the best thing I have for a coat of arms so far:

iAd5VGw.png

A little wacky, I know, but I have one question: the space above the mural crown looks a little empty to me. Are there any other national symbols that I could use as a crest (so something that would be rising out from behind it like how the red lion sejant affronty sits on top of the crown in OTLs British coat of arms)?

I like the flag :cool: - so that's a go.

As for the CoA - we're starting off on the right track. I was initially thinking of something like the 1934-1968 version of the Mexican CoA for the oak and laurel leaves, yet I prefer your style of ribbon to the Mexican version so that can be retained - in that case, the mural crown can be extended or we leave the oak/laurel as is. The scroll was to say "Fraternity, Liberty, Humanity", which dates back to the Chartist movement. If something else is needed above the mural crown, we could either have an upwards-pointing torch behind the shields and mural crown and/or importing the Eye of Providence with Annuit cœptis from the reverse of the US Great Seal.

I like the flag :cool: - so that's a go.

As for the CoA - we're starting off on the right track. I was initially thinking of something like the 1934-1968 version of the Mexican CoA for the oak and laurel leaves, yet I prefer your style of ribbon to the Mexican version so that can be retained - in that case, the mural crown can be extended or we leave the oak/laurel as is. The scroll was to say "Fraternity, Liberty, Humanity", which dates back to the Chartist movement. If something else is needed above the mural crown, we could either have an upwards-pointing torch behind the shields and mural crown and/or importing the Eye of Providence with Annuit cœptis from the reverse of the US Great Seal.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Ok, so for the motto, I misread it because I see the french motto together so often that my mind filled it in automatically. As @Marc Pasquin suggests I could extend the mural crown from end to end on the shield if it covering the wreath is ok, otherwise I'll play around with the eye and the torch and see what I think looks better.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

You're welcome.

Ok, so for the motto, I misread it because I see the french motto together so often that my mind filled it in automatically.

You are not the only one; I had to check, as well, to be sure, so I know I'm on solid ground with this one.

As @Marc Pasquin suggests I could extend the mural crown from end to end on the shield if it covering the wreath is ok, otherwise I'll play around with the eye and the torch and see what I think looks better.

Sure - whatever you come up with works well with me, even if it means combining everything all at once. Ultimately, the point is to emphasize the republican nature of this alternative Britain, and how it differs the prior attempt at a republic. Hence the Eye of Providence with Annuit cœptis.

You're welcome.

You are not the only one; I had to check, as well, to be sure, so I know I'm on solid ground with this one.

Sure - whatever you come up with works well with me, even if it means combining everything all at once. Ultimately, the point is to emphasize the republican nature of this alternative Britain, and how it differs the prior attempt at a republic. Hence the Eye of Providence with Annuit cœptis.

I tried out a few of the thing you asked for:

n8vnPGP.png

CuP6OL7.png

ERDXiRB.png

0MGajL0.png

HDoOUY7.jpg

Yo803rT.jpg

I personally would suggest the second last one over the last if you want a combination and one of the eye of providence ones if you don't, but it's all up to you, pick which one you prefer. Once you have picked one, if you want I can remove the bit of the torch that extends out from under the Mural Crown, just because I don't have the energy to do it for all of them. If you want further changes, please ask someone else to do them because I can't do any more.

[edit: I now realize I'm way over the image limit, though I can't remember if that applies to maps and graphics threads]

Last edited:
A lot of those designs look interesting. In particular, the third one looks great for just a torch, and the last one look great for a combo. No additional changes will be needed. :)

Anyone got a good link to a Blank, Pacific Centered WorldA Map? I have been looking for one forever, and I feel like there's one out there but I just can't seem to get my hands on it.

Could someone make me an air force roundel with British Royal Air Force colours but with a central figure of a red tiger instead of the red circle. Similar to RAAF/RNZAF/RCAF roundels with the red Kangaroo/Kiwi/Maple Leaf. It would be cool if the tiger is leaping towards the left (like the South African one with the Antelope(?) from 1947-1958) but it is not that necessary.

Could someone make me an air force roundel with British Royal Air Force colours but with a central figure of a red tiger instead of the red circle. Similar to RAAF/RNZAF/RCAF roundels with the red Kangaroo/Kiwi/Maple Leaf. It would be cool if the tiger is leaping towards the left (like the South African one with the Antelope(?) from 1947-1958) but it is not that necessary.

tiger-raf.png

hey im running a campaign and i need an idea for flag. its this seedy city full of crime, gambling, drugs and all sorts of sin, and i want the flag to somewhat reflect that yet still be something a city that respects itself would erect. i was thinking maybe a demon and angel something, eve and the snake maybe? anyhoo id love if you could help me out

hey im running a campaign and i need an idea for flag. its this seedy city full of crime, gambling, drugs and all sorts of sin, and i want the flag to somewhat reflect that yet still be something a city that respects itself would erect. i was thinking maybe a demon and angel something, eve and the snake maybe? anyhoo id love if you could help me out

If the city is in the US:
- The NYC flag but with the arms replaced by an apple with a worm sticking out of it
- A municipal seal on a field that is horizontally striped black and white (like a stereotypical US prisoner suit)

I am actually wondering if anyone can help me find the full list of castle names associated with this map. Or if someone can name any of the forts that would be much appreciated.

spain-castles-and-fortifications-map.jpg