Continuing my 2300AD/Planet Joi mini project, may I please request a flag for the German Colony on that world? (Named 'Halbinsel' aka 'Penninsula').

Now this colony was established by a primarily Hanoverian population - in the 2300AD setting Germany only reunited relatively recently, since the timeline diverged from our own because some madman triggered World War III sometimes in the 1980s/1990s over the vexed matter of German Reunification - so my suggestion would be to use a red & white flag (since there are strong Polish & Austrian elements in the population and the Flag of Hanover did have red & white elements back in the day).

I rather like the idea that this flag would be primarily red, with white insets forming a stylised 'H' (my initial thought was that this H would be laid on its side, with the long arms stretching from left to right, rather than from top to bottom of this flag; further research has revealed that one old flag of Hanover featured a castle, which suggests a possible alternate composition, with the upright 'H' being used in place of the castle - I leave this choice at the artist's discretion).

Thank You most kindly in advance for your consideration; I hope that all the creators and all my fellow fans of this thread are keeping well in the middle of this Quarantine!:)
I'm not an expert, so I have to look this stuff up, but I am finding different historical info on the flags. Let me link you out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Hanover
https://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/flags/de-ha_hi.html

Let me know if that changes your take on where you want the flag to go.

Continuing my 2300AD/Planet Joi mini project, may I please request a flag for the German Colony on that world? (Named 'Halbinsel' aka 'Penninsula').

Now this colony was established by a primarily Hanoverian population - in the 2300AD setting Germany only reunited relatively recently, since the timeline diverged from our own because some madman triggered World War III sometimes in the 1980s/1990s over the vexed matter of German Reunification - so my suggestion would be to use a red & white flag (since there are strong Polish & Austrian elements in the population and the Flag of Hanover did have red & white elements back in the day).

I rather like the idea that this flag would be primarily red, with white insets forming a stylised 'H' (my initial thought was that this H would be laid on its side, with the long arms stretching from left to right, rather than from top to bottom of this flag; further research has revealed that one old flag of Hanover featured a castle, which suggests a possible alternate composition, with the upright 'H' being used in place of the castle - I leave this choice at the artist's discretion).

Thank You most kindly in advance for your consideration; I hope that all the creators and all my fellow fans of this thread are keeping well in the middle of this Quarantine!:)
I hope these flags would be usefull for you
german - hanoverian extrasolar colony 2.jpg
german - hanoverian extrasolar colony.jpg

Tifinagh is (possibly) related to Punic as well which is a nice tie in. Also, its easy to modify that character to make a Chi-Rho symbol (☧ ) was already was present in North Africa well before the 7th century. Or maybe some other early Christian monogram like the Staurogram . Or, some sort of Punic / Berber variation of the name of Jesus / Mary?
All of that sounds good thanks

Here's a thought: the castle is a simplified version of the arms of the city of hannover with the red wedge symbolising the peninsula.

space-hannover.png

Last edited:
All of that sounds good thanks

Great. Here are some initial concepts I drafted:

They all use the same color scheme. I pulled some colors from medieval artwork and tweaked them a bit to add in some saturation. Red and yellow is a great antique, Romanesque contrast so I went with that.

First, the name MRYM (written right to left) in pre-modern Tifinagh. I based it on inscriptions at Tadrart Acacus . This is obviously the name Maryam / Miryam: Mary, in Berber.
1586617858841.png

Idea 2 is a monogram of the name 'Askel'. Monograms were popular in late Roman times so I extrapolated that and made a new one.
1586617891996.png

Last idea is the Chi-Rho symbol but I based it off some North African versions to hopefully give it some local flair. I had to upload this as a png since I had issues with the jpg for some reason.
1586617986141.png

Attachments

• 1586617768155.png
    1586617768155.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 172

They all use the same color scheme. I pulled some colors from medieval artwork and tweaked them a bit to add in some saturation. Red and yellow is a great antique, Romanesque contrast so I went with that.

First, the name MRYM (written right to left) in pre-modern Tifinagh. I based it on inscriptions at Tadrart Acacus . This is obviously the name Maryam / Miryam: Mary, in Berber.

Idea 2 is a monogram of the name 'Askel'. Monograms were popular in late Roman times so I extrapolated that and made a new one.

Last idea is the Chi-Rho symbol but I based it off some North African versions to hopefully give it some local flair. I had to upload this as a png since I had issues with the jpg for some reason.
Nice nice very nice thank you these all look good especially the Mary and Askel one I do get a Roman Punic and Berber vibe out all of them

Hello, I'm back again to request another flag; unlike my last request, this flag will be themed around a desert town surrounded by jagged rocks and sheer cliff faces. The flag should contain an outline of a snake's head on a golden background, which has been impaled by a gemstone (think something like a diamond or garnet); anyone is free to include additional features on the flag if they believe it will improve the design.

Thank you for reading.

Hello, I'm back again to request another flag; unlike my last request, this flag will be themed around a desert town surrounded by jagged rocks and sheer cliff faces. The flag should contain an outline of a snake's head on a golden background, which has been impaled by a gemstone (think something like a diamond or garnet); anyone is free to include additional features on the flag if they believe it will improve the design.

Thank you for reading.
Sorry, but I do not understand which you mean with "been impaled by a gemstone"; so, I did this flag, like I imagine this.
snake head.jpg
This flag is 2:3 (like Saudi Arabian), and it has a red border (because I belive that a golden background flag in a desert environment may be confused). I hope it will be usefull for you.
Snake's head was tooken from: https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/graphic-snake-head-logo-vector-29622011

Last edited:
Sorry, but I do not understand which you mean with "been impaled by a gemstone"; so, I did this flag, like I imagine this.
View attachment 538157
This flag is 2:3 (like Saudi Arabian), and it has a red border (because I belive that a golden background flag in a desert environment may be confused). I hope it will be usefull for you.
Snake's head was taken from https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/graphic-snake-head-logo-vector-29622011

Sorry for any confusion on my part; I was quite tired while writing my request so I may have made some mistakes.

Apart from that, I must say that this flag is what I am looking for, so thank you for fulfilling my request even if you were confused initially.

[/SPOILER]

2-3 look better to me as the symbol is more concentrated. Of these two, I would pick number 2 as the chi-rho, while making sense, looks less distinctive to me.

I've got a project I'm about to start on, and to do so, I was hoping someone could make a blank map for me, I have a physical one which I can send if it helps. It's not so much for a TL, but I am interested in worldbuilding.

I can request a map of a China in civil war? Is for my election game.
Rebellion .Qing loyalist.Neutrals.Occupied regions.Independentist,
Chihli (Zhili).Shensi (Shaanxi).Chekiang (Zhejiang)Inner Manchuria (Russian Empire).Kweichow (Guizhou)
Anhwei (Anhui).Fukien (Fujian).Kansu (Gansu)
Tuva (Russian Empire).
Sinkiang (Xinjiang)
Kiangsu (Jiangsu),Honan (Henan).Szechwan (Sichuan)Outer Mongolia
Kiangsi (Jiangxi).Hupeh (Hubei).Qinghai.Tibet.
Shansi (Shanxi)Hunan (Hunan).Inner Mongolia.Kwangtung (Guangdong).
Shantung (Shandong)Kwangsi (Guangxi)
The situation would be that. Sorry if I am bother anyone.