Is there an editable map of the milky way galaxy?
Thanks.
Depends what you mean by editable. If you want to be able to move spiral arms around, then I've never seen one like that. If you want one where the labels can be changed, then yes, that's possible but most of them are one-layer .png files so would involve quite a bit of work.
For example, this is a good labelled map on wiki commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Milky_way_map.png?uselang=en-gb.
There is one .svg file also on wiki commons which would allow you to change labels, etc much more easily (with inkscape or similar) (and it's in the public domain, so no copyright/acknowledgement issues) - but the base image is still a raster image: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Milky_Way_Arms_ssc2008-10.svg?uselang=en-gb.

Thanks!.
I resolved to use a simplified version of the first one.

I forgot the sources for these but if the type of editability you wanted was basic MS Paint editability I have something that might help.

galaxi.png

(There is a light blue pixel representing Earth/Sol)

Also one that's more similar to the ones FriendlyGhost linked
galaxy_blank_map2.jpg

Obviously labels here are just written on. (And well, now that I look at it again I see it does have a name at bottom right which probably indicates the original author.)

I forgot the sources for these but if the type of editability you wanted was basic MS Paint editability I have something that might help.

View attachment 879752
(There is a light blue pixel representing Earth/Sol)

Also one that's more similar to the ones FriendlyGhost linked
View attachment 879753
Obviously labels here are just written on. (And well, now that I look at it again I see it does have a name at bottom right which probably indicates the original author.)
The first one is nice, but now i'm too in to change the basemap. I save them anyway. Thanks!

bear in mind that some region have mixed linguistic communities. The Brussels Capital Region in Belgium is a good example. Waloonia is mainly French speaking and Flanders is mainly dutch speaking but Brussels is a mixed bag.
France and the UK are other examples too. Breton and Occitan are spoken in several French regions while in parts of the UK you'll find Welsh, Cornish, Scots, Irish and one or two other dialects based on Insular Celtic.

OK, nobody helped me last time, but it was relatively easy then, so I made the Alaska map myself, and in a slightly different way than I wanted.

But now I have a really difficult request for you: I need you to redraw this map of the tribes of the island of New Guinea in Q-Bam format. The border between Indonesia and Papua New Guinea is not needed. There is also no need to paint each tribe a unique colour - a standard white for the whole area will do.

As before, whoever fulfils my request will get a special mention in my next map.
1e71d45b6f01920cae40d1903d9d615a.png

Language, major languages
what's the definition of "major languages" ? French is spoken by 20 percent of Canadians but is official at the federal level, is the dominant language in the province of Quebec and the language spoken by 1/3 of people in New Brunswick where is it protected as "co-equal" with english. Not trying to make things complicated for you, I just mean that "major languages" can be seen differently depending on the country.

Alright, this may seem weirdly specific, but:
Could I get a map showing Australasia and North America, with the 1810-1816 North American borders?

Alright, this may seem weirdly specific, but:
Could I get a map showing Australasia and North America, with the 1810-1816 North American borders?
Not sure what you mean. What is your definition of "Australasia" (there are more than one definitions) ? Are you asking to join North America and "Australasia" together as a single geographical entity ? What borders are meant to be used by "Australasia" ?

Not sure what you mean. What is your definition of "Australasia" (there are more than one definitions) ? Are you asking to join North America and "Australasia" together as a single geographical entity ? What borders are meant to be used by "Australasia" ?
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. By Australasia, I meant Australia, New Zealand, and Papua New Guinea.
I would prefer if 'Australasia' was an inset on a map of North America.
I hope that's clear enough.

Can someone make a B_Munro style map of this?
1706754012501.png

1706754089451.jpeg

Last edited: