Well maybe the us decide to make okinawa a fishing hub for america that could work (though i was feeling a more japanese symbom would be nice perhaps 2 katana crossed or a samurai headgear) as for the motto i dunno i was thinking since many stated use latin/native american words perhaps a japanese would be used though maybe not banzai as it had ww2 connection (even though it isnt) what do you think the motto should be?I didn't know what you might want on the banner, so I left it blank. As for the fishes, I just wanted something that would make sense given the local context. It's alt-history, so it could be anything.
Option 1I was recently reading about King James VII & II's attempt to put together a Dominion of New England and it struck me that, had such a polity become a viable part of the British Empire rather than gone onto the ash heap of history with the rest of His Late Majesty's other bright ideas during the Glorious Revolution, it would have likely received a Red Ensign at some point.
I've come up with a few possible variants on this particular idea - may I please ask which of them you think works best?
(1) The union flag in the canton, a white shield in the field (with the cross of St George upon that shield and the 'Lone Pine' in the upper right hand corner).
(2) The union flag in the canton, a shield bearing the royal arms in the field (for the record, my original concept was for the House of Stuart variation on the British Royal Arms, as a nod to the Dominion's origin in the mind of James VII & II).
(3) The cross of St George in the canton, a white shield with the 'Lone Pine' in green upon it.
A red/gold star perhaps. That's a common communist symbol.
How's this?I wonder if I can make this throwback request for an Oregon coat of arms from 2006:
It looks like this, except the sun is upside-down, but it really needs a makeover...
- Shield: Argent, two wavy bars azure, issuant from the chief a demi-sun in splendor or.
- Crest: Upon a helm or with a wreath or and vert a Saint Edward's crown surmounted by the American imperial crest (a double-headed bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) displayed proper and bearing lightning bolts or, crowned or.)
- Supporters: Two grizzly bears (Ursus arctos horribilis) guardant proper and armed or.
- Motto: Beneath the shield a scroll vert inscribed or "Luceat Lux Vestra."
Here you go - the ancestral symbol of the Kingdom of Ryukyu, and the text on the banner was used by the DoD and even appeared on Okinawan license plates.Well maybe the us decide to make okinawa a fishing hub for america that could work (though i was feeling a more japanese symbom would be nice perhaps 2 katana crossed or a samurai headgear) as for the motto i dunno i was thinking since many stated use latin/native american words perhaps a japanese would be used though maybe not banzai as it had ww2 connection (even though it isnt) what do you think the motto should be?
A bit later than asked but how does this one grab you?Hello! I'd like to request a flag for an alternative Danubian Federation, where it's Hungary that forms the state and Romania that's the main secondary participant, rather than Austria and Hungary, respectively. I'm flexible as to exact motifs, but it should incorporate ten stars for the ten composite lands (in no particular order: Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovakia, Galicia, Ruthenia, Dalmatia, Bucovina, and Banat). Thanks!