Ok, don’t worry I understand you are busy, thanks BTW.
I want to apologise for not having finished your request yet. A combination of work getting a lot busier than I'd expected (I've just lost some of my personnel to another group) coupled with trying to do some online learning before a deadline, coupled with my son being sick... it's all stopped me from doing some of the things I do for relaxation - which includes your request. I hope to get them to you by next week.

I want to apologise for not having finished your request yet. A combination of work getting a lot busier than I'd expected (I've just lost some of my personnel to another group) coupled with trying to do some online learning before a deadline, coupled with my son being sick... it's all stopped me from doing some of the things I do for relaxation - which includes your request. I hope to get them to you by next week.
Ok, don’t worry pal, that things happens to anyone.

Can someone make a 20 star Confederate States Blood Stained Banner (3rd National Flag)
alt-csa-20stars.png

Looking for map of infinite EEZ, what is the EEZ didn't have a limited and just kept going until you hit someone else's?

Does anyone know how to make that?

Can someone please help me with making a map for my TL, at the in-TL period of 565AD? Link is down below.

The first one is the CoA of the Kingdom of Portugal under Murat: https://pin.it/3A4NSkE
Okay, here's the first of your requests. I wasn't sure if you would like all three helms crowned or not, but I think it looks better that way; the alternative is to sit the lion rampant and horns on a torse, perhaps.
CoA_Portugal-Murat_for-Guatemalan-Nat-Synd_FGv1.png (as always, click the thumbnail for the full-size image)

Now that I've got the crests, crowns and helms done, it shouldn't take long to do your second request then I can get to your third one.

Image created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution (in case of a conflict, the most limiting licence applies).
On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username.
On other sites, link to my profile page here, where a message would also be nice, so I can see where my images are used.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Crowns from Heraldic Royal Crown of Portugal by Heralder, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence.
(2) Logo on dexter flag from Arms of the French Empire by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the GFDL v1.2 and CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences.
(3) Castles and inescutcheon from Arms of Portugal by Bragancihno, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence.
(4) Helms adapted from Royal Coat of Arms of the UK also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; recoloured and cropped to lie behind shield.
(5) Lion rampant adapted from Royal Arms of England (1154-1189) also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; partially recoloured.
(6) Flagpoles from Arms of Victoria of Marichalar also by Heralder/Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence; spear-tips removed.
(7) Horns adapted from Arms of Kärnten, in the public domain; recoloured and simplified.
Sable cross, pallets on horns, sinister flag, cross and quarters of shield and outlining of central escutcheon, plus recolouring, resizing, cropping and positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 4.0: Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC BY-SA 3.0: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
CC BY-SA 2.5: Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic
CC BY-SA 2.0: Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic
CC BY-SA 1.0: Attribution-Share Alike 1.0 Generic
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence
Free Software Foundation - Licences
GNU licences and compatibility details
GFDL v1.2: GNU Free Documentation Licence, Version 1.2
GFDL (latest): Wikimedia Commons Gnu Free Documentation Licence

Okay, here's the first of your requests. I wasn't sure if you would like all three helms crowned or not, but I think it looks better that way; the alternative is to sit the lion rampant and horns on a torse, perhaps.
View attachment 637041 (as always, click the thumbnail for the full-size image)

Now that I've got the crests, crowns and helms done, it shouldn't take long to do your second request then I can get to your third one.

In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution (in case of a conflict, the most limiting licence applies).
On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username.
On other sites, link to my profile page here, where a message would also be nice, so I can see where my images are used.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Crowns from Heraldic Royal Crown of Portugal by Heralder, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence.
(2) Logo on dexter flag from Arms of the French Empire by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the GFDL v1.2 and CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences.
(3) Castles and inescutcheon from Arms of Portugal by Bragancihno, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence.
(4) Helms adapted from Royal Coat of Arms of the UK also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; recoloured and cropped to lie behind shield.
(5) Lion rampant adapted from Royal Arms of England (1154-1189) also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; partially recoloured.
(6) Flagpoles from Arms of Victoria of Marichalar also by Heralder/Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence; spear-tips removed.
(7) Horns adapted from Arms of Kärnten, in the public domain; recoloured and simplified.
Sable cross, pallets on horns, sinister flag, cross and quarters of shield and outlining of central escutcheon, plus recolouring, resizing, cropping and positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
¡Thanks, it looks really nice, cool job!

The arms of the House of Stenkil: https://pin.it/7CbSZ1I
This is the helm but in grey instead of golden:
Three of this, the crest at dexter is a lion rampant Or, the middle one a Latin Cross sable and the third one horns of azure with Or pallets.
Here's your second request:
CoA_Stenkil_for-Guatemalan-Nat-Synd_FGv1.png (click thumbnail for full-size image, as always)
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution (in case of a conflict, the most limiting licence applies). On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here, where a message would also be nice, so I can see where my images are used.
(1) Helms adapted from Royal Coat of Arms of the UK by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; recoloured and cropped to lie behind shield.
(2) Lion rampant adapted from Royal Arms of England (1154-1189) also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; partially recoloured.
(3) Horns adapted from Arms of Kärnten, in the public domain; recoloured and simplified.
(4) Lion's face taken from Royal Arms of England also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 licence; cropped, proportions/aspect changed.
(5) Fleur-de-lys from Fleur de lys (or) also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the GFDL v1.2 and CC-BY-SA 3.0 licences; recoloured.
(6) Torse adapted from British torse also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; recoloured and a few lines amended.
(7) Sword adapted from Sword, in the public domain; recoloured and highlighting added.
Latin crosses in crest and on shield, cross pattée, pallets on horns, divisions and colours of shield, plus resizing, cropping and positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons

Hello there, could somebody make me a map of the world c. 1875? The only major differences from OTL would be no German Empire, only the North German Confederation with the following German states still independent
Kingdom of Bavaria
Kingdom of Wurttemberg
Grand Duchy of Baden
Grand Duchy of Hesse
France still has Alsace Lorraine as there was no Franco Prussian War
Russia still owns Alaska
And this is a general map of North America.( I don't have the skills nor software to make a map with the above)
MapChart_Map.png

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!

Last edited:
OTL, british regiments' King/Queen Colours are a squarish version of the union jack with a regimental badge in the middle and battle honours in scroll around it.

In Australia, since there is a union jack in canton and, technically speaking, the union jack is meant to represent the monarch, the badge is not put in the center of the colour but in the center of the canton.

Using that logic, If the CNA uses a flag with a union jack in canton, chances are that it would would use a similar design as Australia.

View attachment 633541

M. Pasquin, thank you very kindly for this answer - it makes an excellent point! :)

I have known for some time that there was a rather abortive effort by the British to recruit a foreign legion from United States citizens/residents during the Crimean War and that it had gone rather less well than their effort to recruit Swiss, German & Italian Legions during the same conflict (as you might imagine, the United States government was less than keen to see Americans become Redcoats yet again - this wasn't the 18th Century, you know! - and scotched the idea, in a court of law and the court of public opinion).

Only yesterday, however, did I stumble onto more a detailed description/depiction of one of these Foreign Legions (the Swiss) which got me a-thinking about what a 'British American Legion' might have looked like, had HM Government been able to smuggle enough recruits into Halifax to embody that corps (No, really, they couldn't actually recruit volunteers on US soil due to the Foreign Enlistments Act ... but they could get in touch with interested parties, pay their fare to Canada and then formally recruit them there).

You can read more about a British Foreign Legion of the Crimean War - HERE -

I suspect that the British would have adopted the same 'softly softly' approach to naming this particular corps that they did to recruiting in our own timeline (probably something like 'British North American Legion' or 'British Foreign Legion' rather than 'British American Legion'), but it's easy to see them using the green-faced red coats so typical of Loyalist regiments during the American War of Independence (including the original American Legion, General Arnold's boys).

It's also possible that this Legion might have been bold enough to employ an eagle as part of their cap badge (given that German & Polish nationals living in the US were part of the targeted demographics for recruits, they might even have got away with it ... ); I'm assuming that, as with the Swiss Legion, the cap badge would consist of a regimental symbol (in this case an eagle), surrounded with a band bearing the regiment's name, with the crown above it and a light infantry horn below it.

On the other hand, if one wanted to be REALLY reckless, you could make that a bald eagle clutching an olive branch and a lightning bolt - but even the Eagle Squadron flyboys of our own history weren't THAT reckless (they drew the line at a mere empty-handed bald eagle).

May I please ask you chaps if this logic holds up outside the confines of my own imagination?

I have known for some time that there was a rather abortive effort by the British to recruit a foreign legion from United States citizens/residents during the Crimean War and that it had gone rather less well than their effort to recruit Swiss, German & Italian Legions during the same conflict (as you might imagine, the United States government was less than keen to see Americans become Redcoats yet again - this wasn't the 18th Century, you know! - and scotched the idea, in a court of law and the court of public opinion).

Only yesterday, however, did I stumble onto more a detailed description/depiction of one of these Foreign Legions (the Swiss) which got me a-thinking about what a 'British American Legion' might have looked like, had HM Government been able to smuggle enough recruits into Halifax to embody that corps (No, really, they couldn't actually recruit volunteers on US soil due to the Foreign Enlistments Act ... but they could get in touch with interested parties, pay their fare to Canada and then formally recruit them there).

You can read more about a British Foreign Legion of the Crimean War - HERE -

I suspect that the British would have adopted the same 'softly softly' approach to naming this particular corps that they did to recruiting in our own timeline (probably something like 'British North American Legion' or 'British Foreign Legion' rather than 'British American Legion'), but it's easy to see them using the green-faced red coats so typical of Loyalist regiments during the American War of Independence (including the original American Legion, General Arnold's boys).

It's also possible that this Legion might have been bold enough to employ an eagle as part of their cap badge (given that German & Polish nationals living in the US were part of the targeted demographics for recruits, they might even have got away with it ... ); I'm assuming that, as with the Swiss Legion, the cap badge would consist of a regimental symbol (in this case an eagle), surrounded with a band bearing the regiment's name, with the crown above it and a light infantry horn below it.

On the other hand, if one wanted to be REALLY reckless, you could make that a bald eagle clutching an olive branch and a lightning bolt - but even the Eagle Squadron flyboys of our own history weren't THAT reckless (they drew the line at a mere empty-handed bald eagle).

May I please ask you chaps if this logic holds up outside the confines of my own imagination?

I think the safest way would be to have a 'British North American Volunteers' regiment (or regiments) and to officially pretend that all members are from the various BNA colonies (Canada, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc...). As long as the recruiter makes it a policy not to enlist people under their real name and to write down that they were born in an actual close-by british colony (e.g. people from New England states being registered as being from New Brunswick), one north american anglo would look and sound pretty much the same as another at a cursory glance.