I would be incredibly grateful if somebody could make a coat of arms for Hy-Brasil for an SCP I wrote recently. I imagined it as being a black rose against a red background (the black rose being a native plant)
Do you want just a heraldic rose coloured black, or is a black rose a particular plant I've never heard of which looks different?

1614244886175.png

can someone make me that flag the man is holding in the normal Turkish red?
Thanks in advance
1614245071539.png

to be precise this flag​

Last edited:
Not used this thread before so hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes/breaking any rules.

I wonder if any kind soul could provide me with a map of North America/East Asia with the following borders:

The United States:

excluding the following: Alaska, Hawaii, Washington State, Oregon, Wisconsin, Michigan, Maine, Long Island

but including the following: Kamchatka/Chukotka, the whole of Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras (but not the old Miskito or Belize), Puerto Rico, Cuba, the island of Hispaniola and the Phillipines

Canada:

Including the following: Alaska, Hawaii, Washington State, Oregon, Wisconsin, Michigan, Maine, Long Island, Greenland, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Belize, Miskito, Trinidad and Tobago.

Understand that might be difficult/impossible to fit onto one map. Guess it's something of a simultaneous Americawank, Canadawank and Mexicoscrew/Spainscrew/Sovietscrew. Which sounds so wrong on so many levels but there you go.

Thank ye kindly!
done on a worlda
unknown.png

didnt know if you meant the entirety of Nicaragua or just the area known as the mosquito coast so i did the entirety of nicaragua
hopefully i got it right, if not you can ask me to fix

done on a worlda
unknown.png

didnt know if you meant the entirety of Nicaragua or just the area known as the mosquito coast so i did the entirety of nicaragua
hopefully i got it right, if not you can ask me to fix
That is amazing - thank you very much indeed😁

Yes, yet another commission, I apologize for bothering y’all so much, but I need a better version of this:

49150AD6-7A90-4873-A5F9-B14FFF7EC3C3.jpeg

The arms of the Godwinson House that I drawn, it has the same mantling, crest (Tudor crown) and tenants as the Anglish Coa, only thing that change are that the wyvern In the dexter is of Argent and the one at the sinister is of Or.

The upper left canton is three pallets or in a gules field, the second an argent rose, the under left two lion heads and the under right is a boat over the waves.

All cantons are divided by a cross argent ordinary and in stucheon are the arms of Edward the confessor.

It may look butchered and edited but the app didn’t allowed me to upload it entire.

Thanks!

Yes, yet another commission, I apologize for bothering y’all so much, but I need a better version of this:

View attachment 628586
The arms of the Godwinson House that I drawn, it has the same mantling, crest (Tudor crown) and tenants as the Anglish Coa, only thing that change are that the wyvern In the dexter is of Argent and the one at the sinister is of Or.

The upper left canton is three pallets or in a gules field, the second an argent rose, the under left two lion heads and the under right is a boat over the waves.

All cantons are divided by a cross argent ordinary and in stucheon are the arms of Edward the confessor.

It may look butchered and edited but the app didn’t allowed me to upload it entire.

Thanks!

Just for future reference: a "canton" is the bit at the upper viewer's left, if there was only one. If like here you have 4 divisions, they would be "quarters". The US flag has a canton, the english flag has four quarters.

I would be incredibly grateful if somebody could make a coat of arms for Hy-Brasil for an SCP I wrote recently. I imagined it as being a black rose against a red background (the black rose being a native plant)
How about one of these?
v1Arms_Blk-rose-on-red_for-JRogyRogy_FGv1.png v2Arms_Blk-rose-on-red_for-JRogyRogy_FGv2.png (click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)
Image(s) created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use these images, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Rose in v1 adapted from Heraldique Rose by Ludger1961, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence; recoloured.
(2) Rose in v2 taken from Golden Rose Badge by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence; ungrouped and recoloured.
Shield, plus resizing & positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 3.0: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence

Hi! I'm Sorry to bother, I came here to request a map, An unusual map request, it is based from this forym from believe it or not a MLP website where AK47Productions discussed about "What if America ISOTed to the world of MLP?"

Here's the link to that forum: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/20/human-in-equestria/thread/113373/human-countries-isoted#page/1

Territory: Continental United States with Alaska, Hawai'i, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Island (all the same distance from each other and the same postion, Mercator/Regular Map or a Google Earth map of America can work)

Use this image, The Yellow dot is where the US would be, and please color over the land on the far west part of that map or even widen the image

Attachments

• 2020-06-08 16.22.58-1.png
    2020-06-08 16.22.58-1.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 17
I often find that maps with the centre on the equator are not sufficient to display the poles, while they can display the rest of the world even in the higher latitudes well.

Has anyone seen an EBAM like this or can they make one? Even a blank equirectangular worlda would be good, but perhaps a 2k map would be ideal, maybe one with rivers/watersheds/topography.

I often change the meridian so equirectangular is important as well as being easy to convert with every mapping software

View attachment 629564

OR

View attachment 629565

OR

View attachment 629566

View attachment 628586

Thanks!

Something like this?

CoA.png

View attachment 628586
Thanks!
Here you - based on what I did for you for Angland. Again, I wasn't sure if you would prefer the shield upright or canted, so here's both:
CoA_Godwinson_for-Guatemalan_Nat-Synd_FGv1a_915x650.png CoA_Godwinson_for-Guatemalan_Nat-Synd_FGv1b_924x700.png (as before, click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)

The blazon:
Quarterly Gules; first three bendlets Or; second a rose Argent; third two lions' faces Or langued Gules; fourth a lymphad Proper at sea sailing to dexter with oars shipped; over all a cross Argent; an inescutcheon Azure a cross patonce between four martlets Or, for the Sainted King Edward; for a Crest, upon a jousting helm mantled Gules and Ermine a crown Proper double arched; for Supporters, dexter a wyvern Argent armed, langued and penned Gules, sinister a wyvern Or armed, langued and penned Gules; motto 'God Ænd Minh Riht.'

(You wrote pallets for the first quarter, but your drawing showed bendlets, so that's what I've done.)

Hope that's of some use.

Image(s) created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution (in case of a conflict, the most limiting licence applies). On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Wyvern supporters adapted from Coat of Arms of Sophie, Countess of Wessex by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; recoloured, rotated, ungorged.
(2) Tudor crown from Tudor Crown (Heraldry) also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; ermine removed.
(3) White rose from White Rose Badge of York also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; slightly recoloured.
(4) Lions' faces taken from Royal Arms of England also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 licence; cropped, proportions/aspect changed.
(5) Ship (galley) from Heraldique meuble nef by S@m, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence; recoloured.
(6) Inescutcheon adapted from Royal Arms of Edward the Confessor also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the GFDL 1.2 and CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; colours simplified.
(7) Motto scroll adapted from Royal Coat of Arms of the UK also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; proportions/aspect changed.
Shield, bendlets in 1st quarter, blue & white sea in 4th quarter, white cross, motto text all by me, plus resizing, cropping and positioning.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 4.0: Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC BY-SA 3.0: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
CC BY-SA 2.5: Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic
CC BY-SA 2.0: Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic
CC BY-SA 1.0: Attribution-Share Alike 1.0 Generic
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence
Free Software Foundation - Licences
GNU licences and compatibility details