Would someone mind do a space-y take on a Gadsen flag, with four stars surrounding the snake? (It would be the flag of the Free Stellar League, a group of breakaway colonies formed when the United Nations, the Eurasian Union, and the State Stellar Bureau agreed to ban nuclear weapons on Earth and all its colonies. Not good people.)

since it's space, you might invert the colours so you have a yellow design on black.

View attachment 599775
My take:
stellar-league.png

I was going to say rectangular flags look better when flapping but since this is in space, flags used outdoors might simply be held in place with rods like the ones on the moon so square would make as much sense as any other shape.
Yeah.
Thinking about it, with space colonisation being mostly indoors I can flags becoming more drapey than flying, and closer to logos than physical flags.

banners and standards final template.png

so i've made a template. based off the modern scottish marquise standard which just so happened to match what this video said would be about the minimum length for a medieval standard. mans is charcoal because i dont know how to colour. he's 5'9" (minus the hair) id shrunk a template id found online (just now realised ive made him 7 heads tall and 3 heads wide rather than 7 1/2 tall and three wide... dammit) ideally the standard bearer should be on a horse and wearing clothes but yknow. 1 pixel = 1 inch
Skin tones.png

a thing i made years ago of natural skintones. the source was a colour diagram from second life id found on google images

Last edited:
so i've made a template. based off the modern scottish marquise standard which just so happened to match what this video said would be about the minimum length for a medieval standard. mans is charcoal because i dont know how to colour. he's 5'9" (minus the hair) id shrunk a template id found online (just now realised ive made him 7 heads tall and 3 heads wide rather than 7 1/2 tall and three wide... dammit) ideally the standard bearer should be on a horse and wearing clothes but yknow. 1 pixel = 1 inch

Honestly, don't worry too much about precise ratio and size as no one at the time would have cared. The medieval age used heraldry to tell knights apart so as long as the design is distinctive enough, using any sort of standard flag shape/size template is fine.

That doesn't matter for now; I just need the flag.

Actually, how a nation came to be influences its flag a great deal. So knowing that would make it easier to make a flag.

For example: US flag would not have 13 stripes if there were more or less than 13 founding states. And if England had simply conquered Scotland the Union Flag likely wouldn't exist.

Last edited:
That doesn't matter for now; I just need the flag.
early 20th century origin might use the flag @The Professor mentioned. Communist version might have a soviet-style one. a federation created in the past few years would have something different. It's really hard to suggest designs unless we know what kind of country we're talking about.

Last edited:
Also! If anyone has larger versions of the first map I showed, it'd be apricated if it was given, specifically for the North America region

it's my wish to make a very large and detailed map

I don't think this is the right thread for this question, but I don't know where else to put it. Where is the general map thread?

Actually, how a nation came to be influences its flag a great deal. So knowing that would make it easier to make a flag.

For example: US flag would not have 13 stripes if there were more or less than 13 founding states. And if England had simply conquered Scotland the Union Flag likely wouldn't exist.
How did it happen?
Very well. It happened as part of a trend towards global federalism.