Reparations tied to German defense budgets.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I take it you are under the impression that the Germans were ALL dishonorable lowlife scum of the earth, then. So telling the propaganda and demonizing, even 100 years and more after the fact.

Well, at least I'm seeing that your reading the thread, at least, so that's something, I guess.

Even better would be, if you could talk a bit about the threads topic, but hey.

It also just now occured that folks might not be reading all three threads, and have a clear idea of what I have in mind, and why?

How many folks think that when I said that bit about their Honor, thought that that was the only "check and balance" that I had in mind?
If you actually expect folks to read three separate threads and somehow commingle them, you are likely going to be massively disappointed.

I would strongly suggest that you dial back the hostility in your responses overall.

If you actually expect folks to read three separate threads and somehow commingle them, you are likely going to be massively disappointed.
Not least of which, is my own inability to keep track of all the posts in all the threads, unfortunately. I had a couple good days back to back, and it seemed like a good idea at the time, but the my health went south again, and I find myself having to take a day (or more) off to rest up
I would strongly suggest that you dial back the hostility in your responses overall.
Understood, and will do.

I take it you are under the impression that the Germans were ALL dishonorable lowlife scum of the earth, then. So telling the propaganda and demonizing, even 100 years and more after the fact.

Well, at least I'm seeing that your reading the thread, at least, so that's something, I guess.

Even better would be, if you could talk a bit about the threads topic, but hey.

It also just now occured that folks might not be reading all three threads, and have a clear idea of what I have in mind, and why?

How many folks think that when I said that bit about their Honor, thought that that was the only "check and balance" that I had in mind?
People take liberal interpretations of treaties all the time. Look at all the Treaty violations in not just the Treaty of Versailles, but the various naval treaties in the interwar period. If you create loopholes in a treaty, the responsibility is on the people who are dumb enough to create the loopholes. Can’t really blame people for being ‘dishonourable’. And yes, the Germans were absolutely dishonourable when it came to observing treaties IOTL DURING the RELEVANT PERIOD.

Last edited: