Remastered Mars Qbam map

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Artienia, Jul 2, 2019.

?

Do you like the Mars Q-bam map?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Artienia Well-Known Member

A long time ago i created a mars map. Sadly this was half of Q-bam Resolution (Instead of ~2500x5000, it was ~1300x2600)

Today, i have upscaled it and over the course of some weeks i will try my best to make it Q-bam Compatible.

Progress as of Writing:

The thin line you see is the familiar Q-bam border 1px-thin, while the black lines you see are 4 times as big (upscaled 2x, so it's 4x now)

I know this is my third threat on the forum already but i really wanted to do this sometime. When this is finished i will also upscale my Venus map, which was about the same size.

If i make updates, i will write it down below VVV

EDIT: MARS MAP DONE
    https://i.imgur.com/RlsAWMf.png
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Miner likes this.
  2. Tanystropheus42 permanently sleep deprived

Someone's done this already.

Just over a year ago XO Maenadicus made two Mars topographic maps that I'm pretty sure are QBAM compatible; the projection is wrong (Kavrayskiy VII), but seeing as the QBAM itself has is its own unique weird dodgy pseudo-Robinson projection I don't think it matters, while the scale is pretty dead-on (I double-checked and did the maths to confirm that quickly about a year ago, all part of a project that still has yet to see the light of day unfortunately).

If you want to continue with this, by all means go ahead, its just a bit futile seeing as its all been done before.

3. Artienia Well-Known Member

Thing is, it is already around third / half done and i don't want to scrap it. Also it has the same dimensions as conventional qbam maps, with the added bonus of looking like one (because of the color sheme)

also i think this would be a good time to post an update

upload_2019-7-3_0-11-44.png
    Stuff in lime green is done. It is lime green so you can see it easier on the ocean

water123, Miner and Ella.is.crazy like this.
  4. Tangle Well-Known Member

The Federalized Republic of Howard's Landing
    If it's the same size as the QBAM, isn't it... not a QBAM, because it's not to scale?

Gokbay and deleonism like this.
  5. Artienia Well-Known Member

thing is that i prioritized consistency over real life scale

6. Artienia Well-Known Member

upload_2019-7-3_13-42-26.png
    Map Update:
    Removed some lakes as they were unnecessary, however i left in the cooler looking one. estimated completion time: tomorrow evening

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  7. Artienia Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    MARS MAP DONE!
    MARS QBAM!
    yey

Analytical Engine, AUGGP and water123 like this.
  8. Tangle Well-Known Member

The Federalized Republic of Howard's Landing
    This map seems relatively low-quality, judging by the... smooth squiggliness of it. Is Noctis Labyrinthus not underwater on this map?

9. Artienia Well-Known Member

i only upscaled the map. didn't change anything else. however this makes it the largest (at least in pixel dimensions) mars qbam map

it is mainly to be used for alternative history mars (duh)