Religious map

Md139115

Banned
Since I felt bad that I have not contributed to this in any way, I attempted to do Guyana based on this: http://www.statisticsguyana.gov.gy/pubs/Chapter2_Population_Composition.pdf

upload_2017-11-14_21-48-3.png

The problems I had are that first I did not properly replicate the Hinduism color, and second, the purple areas are not Baptist, but rather a mixture of Pentecostal, Seventh-Day Adventist, and Charismatic Christian sects that generally fall under the framework of "Evangelical" here. You might need another color for them.

I would recommend reshading Haiti as the practice of actual Catholicism is kind of rare here, the majority religion is Vodou.
I no longer remember what was my source for that :(

Are all those yellow speckles in Russia Catholicism?

If so, then I am very surprised.
Some Catholics are in Russia, but they are mostly urban and shown in dots. The larger , morepixel areas sre Old Believers. VolgavFederal District is gonna be tough one
Since I felt bad that I have not contributed to this in any way, I attempted to do Guyana based on this: http://www.statisticsguyana.gov.gy/pubs/Chapter2_Population_Composition.pdf

View attachment 398877

The problems I had are that first I did not properly replicate the Hinduism color, and second, the purple areas are not Baptist, but rather a mixture of Pentecostal, Seventh-Day Adventist, and Charismatic Christian sects that generally fall under the framework of "Evangelical" here. You might need another color for them.
I ll look at Guayana. Iss it possible to find out which area belongs to which sect? Because in TURCS without Caicos I certainly did abunch of Protestant sects...

Md139115

Banned
I ll look at Guayana. Iss it possible to find out which area belongs to which sect? Because in TURCS without Caicos I certainly did abunch of Protestant sects...

Well the lowest subdivision in that source I gave is the regional level, but each religious denomination is fairly well defined, yes.

upload_2018-7-27_9-19-58.png

Thank the Lord, the second continent is finished (the 1st one was Oceania). Oaxaca and Guerrero were very tricky. I coloured the Guayanan Protestants in "Pentecostal" colour (180,135,190) on RGB on coordinates.Regarding the Americas, areas which have a Native language will be shown as having Native Religion (they can always be coloured according to their branch of Chrisitanity anyway). Andean /Inti religion -coordinates: -120-70-85 (RGB). For the rest of South America, I would suggest 110,60,100 (the colour showing Guaranani mythology in TURCS).

Also small correction in Bulgaria
upload_2018-7-27_9-27-15.png

Redcoat

Banned
Ooooooooooooo.

Now that the MBAM is basically done, are you thinking of doing this on the MBAM too?

Ooooooooooooo.

Now that the MBAM is basically done, are you thinking of doing this on the MBAM too?
Well, I do have two conditions/ or rather three:
First of all, I need to complete my TURCS colour scheme.
Secondly, I would be interested in doing parts, (like Switzerland, Servia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia,Slovakia and stuff in the Middle East). We should make it a collaborative project, with a calims system and stuff.
And lastly .. we still haven't finished this project... and yes I know, I am putting off the Volga district , but once I look at Tatarstan, it really looks liek a mess.
Is here any one who speaks Russian, ready to it?

Deleted member 101966

Very late to the party but there's really no reason at all to use an "Indigenous Religion" colour anywhere in Canada. Most Canadian indigenous communities are staunchly Catholic and the rest are usually Methodist or Anglican. Some indigenous parishes have interesting and unique church decorations and liturgical practices, and some indigenous communities have strong traditions which are rooted in pre-Christian values, but this is also true about, like, Italians.

As for the methodix chosen there, it was mainly to draw areas of indigenous population. But I do agree, that mostly, they ought be Christian. As for now, for my part at least, I will concentrate rather on the the Religious M-BAM project. The remaining areas on this project appear to be so outside the scope of my knowledge, that it would take a tremendous ammount of time to find date for them

Kosta

Banned
As for the methodix chosen there, it was mainly to draw areas of indigenous population. But I do agree, that mostly, they ought be Christian. As for now, for my part at least, I will concentrate rather on the the Religious M-BAM project. The remaining areas on this project appear to be so outside the scope of my knowledge, that it would take a tremendous ammount of time to find date for them

Fair enough. Your work here is outstanding, so I personally am grateful for what we already have here.

Before you go, though, do you have the full resolution of the map you created? The one on the previous page is shrunk down and much harder to see than the real map would be.

Fair enough. Your work here is outstanding, so I personally am grateful for what we already have here.

Before you go, though, do you have the full resolution of the map you created? The one on the previous page is shrunk down and much harder to see than the real map would be.
I shall post it here, either today or tomorrow.