Reds! Official Fanfiction Thread (Part Two)

Maybe he gets a book of political scandals and uses that to gain political leverage?

Or he just becomes some sort of bully bureaucrat

Maybe. But that wouldn't give him the kind of power he had in the OTL movie.

OTL, Biff's power comes from his ill-gotten wealth. This not only allows him to build a business empire, but have enough power to buy off the police.

In TTL American society, I don't think he can amass that kind of power. His wife-beating would really alienate more people than it would OTL.

What about this: he uses the time machine to prevent the Second American Revolution, and becomes wealthy in a capitalist America?

I don't think he'd have the capacity to prevent the revolution. Maybe he's literally just a criminal, a mob boss. Or maybe the plot would be completely different.

The story is not about Buff, he's just a villain. I mean, adult Marty would also not get fired from his job like that , etc.

I don't think he'd have the capacity to prevent the revolution. Maybe he's literally just a criminal, a mob boss. Or maybe the plot would be completely different.

The story is not about Buff, he's just a villain. I mean, adult Marty would also not get fired from his job like that , etc.

Well, movie logic allows for a lot of nonsensical things. Like action heroes who can survive 50 ft falls. So....yeah.

And there isn't really an adventure in going back in time to prevent unemployment.

Maybe just have ITTL Part 2 focus entirely on the future, like expanding Act 1 of OTL Part 2 into a whole film with a lot more detailed examination of future Hill Valley and a lot more involved plan to save Marty's children.

Maybe just have ITTL Part 2 focus entirely on the future, like expanding Act 1 of OTL Part 2 into a whole film with a lot more detailed examination of future Hill Valley and a lot more involved plan to save Marty's children.

I don't think the Reds world would be one where the world would, for some reason, abolish lawyers and legal representation.

Maybe 2015 Biff uses the Phoenix to go back to kill George in a 'hit and run' accident. He still assaults Meg and by the alt-1985 has advanced in the state party with a version of ruthlessness and lackeys. Braun has been sent to prison on espionage charges Now Marty has to go back and save his father and prevent Biff from rising to power.

Maybe 2015 Biff uses the Phoenix to go back to kill George in a 'hit and run' accident. He still assaults Meg and by the alt-1985 has advanced in the state party with a version of ruthlessness and lackeys. Braun has been sent to prison on espionage charges Now Marty has to go back and save his father and prevent Biff from rising to power.

But in the TTL Reds world, is political cronyism still a big problem? Can a party boss amass enough power to do what OTL Biff did with his unjustly earned wealth?

But in the TTL Reds world, is political cronyism still a big problem? Can a party boss amass enough power to do what OTL Biff did with his unjustly earned wealth?

Corrupt capitalists didn't abolish public libraries and put tanks on the streets in IOTL California and that didn't stop BOTF pt. 2 from making a movie in which they did. Similarly, ITTL Biff Tannen could be a corrupt party apparatchik that rules Hill Valley with an iron fist, even if political cronyism isn't that much of an issue in the United States.

Corrupt capitalists didn't abolish public libraries and put tanks on the streets in IOTL California and that didn't stop BOTF pt. 2 from making a movie in which they did. Similarly, ITTL Biff Tannen could be a corrupt party apparatchik that rules Hill Valley with an iron fist, even if political cronyism isn't that much of an issue in the United States.

I guess you can fall back on movie logic.

Movie logic can make anything possible.

Like in the movie Solo, a young Hans is forced to work as a street urchin to survive, despite living in a Type 3 civilization which should have enough wealth to provide SOME social service for an orphaned Hans.

How far has space colonization gone TTL?

What are the living standards of say, the Soviet Union, China, and India TTL?

What would a typical comiterm urban dwelling look like, perhaps considerably better than the Khrushchyovka from OTL?

Are Nigeria and Congo economically strong enough compared with OTL to be considered powers, even it is "regional powers?"

Last edited: