Reds fanfic

I don't think everyone who reads this is particularly favorable towards Marxism.
I've been raised with the stories of the incredible hardship Yelstin's rule and his oligarch buddies brought to Russia.

There's a reason why the majority of people in the region who lived to see the USSR regard its dissolution as a mistake these days.

The Kadets would at their most optimistic end up like Yelstin and would rather quickly run afoul of the "it is always right to rebel" principle which can end in either the mass revolt way or the army's way.

Last edited:
I've been raised with the stories of the incredible hardship Yelstin's rule and his oligarch buddies brought to Russia.

There's a reason why the majority of people in the region who lived to see the USSR regard its dissolution as a mistake these days.

The Kadets would at their most optimistic end up like Yelstin and would rather quickly run afoul of the "it is always right to rebel" principle.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that people will have opposing viewpoints, especially on this forum where Marxists walk a very tight rope.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that people will have opposing viewpoints, especially on this forum where Marxists walk a very tight rope.
I'm aware. I just find the idea that the kadets would be needed to modernise the infrastructure of the Soviet Union to be rather patently absurd. Or that Bourgeois representative democracy is what the Soviet Union needs as opposed to Proleterian democracy in the style of the UASR's system of empowered proleterian councils and worker's syndicates.

I prefer a representative democratic liberal democracy away from any left or right extremes to better improve peoples lives without the authoritarian deviations of left or right extremes. and TTL Social Constitutional Party is more typical of such model.
I see. However, the USSR is not authoritarian by the modern day in the Reds! TL. I myself am nog a Marxist but the USSR doesnt sound too bad TTL.

Technically wouldn't the Kadets be the extremist party here given that they are proposing an extremely radical restructuring of the political and economic institutions and ideology that have governed the Soviet Union for almost a century and would necessitate a massive roll-back of the countries democratic institutions to fulfil? To say nothing of their chauvinistic dog-whistle politics with regards to Russian nationalism.

Technically wouldn't the Kadets be the extremist party here given that they are proposing an extremely radical restructuring of the political and economic institutions and ideology that have governed the Soviet Union for almost a century and would necessitate a massive roll-back of the countries democratic institutions to fulfil? To say nothing of their chauvinistic dog-whistle politics with regards to Russian nationalism.
There is a reason why I called welfare "benefits" and made use of some insistent terminology.

The Kadets have also had historical issues with racism, anti-feminism and some absolutely virulent queerphobia (to this day they're against Transperson recognition, using "we want to help mentally ill people" dog whistle politics) which while better by the 2010s, still means their voting base is majority white, male, and Russian. And not a particularly big slice of white male Russians either as they want to completely dismantle the Soviet government's council and syndicate based democracy for some largely incompatible Bourgie representative structure as well as cut social benefits massively.

And their schemes for instituting western European style gun control and somehow destroying the millions upon millions of firearms in militia or personal hands are fantastical at best.

Last edited:
I know it's not like OTL, but it's still too extreme for me.

It's also that - in this world polyamorous marriages are much more common, and in some states there is formally no law prohibiting the sale of alcohol to minors (formally!). In comparison with us, this reality is one extreme.

*whispers*
It’s revanchism.
The absolute gutting of welfare, letting Oligarchs seize nearly the entirety of every former SSR's economies save for the baltic republics, a massive explosion in organised crime, and basically every promise of liberalism ending up being bunk as various strongmen and autocrats came to power in the former SSRs clearly had nothing to do with it.

Nor did things like the 90s being so bad that I'll never get to know a great grandmother as she was stabbed to death by a burglar desperate for a heater. Or the new millennium trading dysfunctional chaos for a reactionary despot who's thrown nearly all hopes of social progress under the bus to make alliances with the very worst of cultural reactionaries.

The absolute gutting of welfare, letting Oligarchs seize nearly the entirety of every former SSR's economies save for the baltic republics, a massive explosion in organised crime, and basically every promise of liberalism ending up being bunk as various strongmen and autocrats came to power in the former SSRs clearly had nothing to do with it.

Honestly, the oligarchs weren't new. The late stage USSR was a textbook oligarchy. They just dropped the veneer of ideology.
I agree on welfare and liberalism's promises never being realized though.

*whispers*
It’s revanchism.
M8, you're one of my bestest, closest colleagues on this forum, so don't take this to heart, but this is by far one of the dumbest things you've ever said.
I don't say hundred in my country there is no revanchism (many blame for the collapse of the USSR, the US and NATO), but .... we have 15,000 rubles paid to workers, mass retirement, a growing number of suicides, the population is dying out, and corruptness has reached unprecedented proportions . In the penultimate study, I wandered down the corridor where the first-graders were rushing, and every five seconds they swore at the mat. And after all my children will have to be trained in a similar school.