Reds fanfic

Night_stalker said:
My prayers go out to the victims, as well as a donation to the Red Cross here.

Honestly, that is a big issue. A garbage truck isn't really highly tracked, but HE should be.... Either they nailed a mining site, or they've been planning it for some time. I mean, that is a lot of explosives.

Or option 3, someone slipped them it, in which case, I get the feeling he's in for "fun" times.

OOC: Is BOPE a thing here?

Yes.

Allende Fan said:
The Integralistas are like a Hydra. You cut off one head and two more grow to replace it. Salgado may be dead but people kept on following his madness, just melting away into the vastness of this continent's wilderness where you could have a thousand men search for a thousand years and never find a single solitary soul. We've been fighting countless small bands of Integralista guerillas long before I was born and we will probably be fighting them long after I die. And of course you have the crime syndicates, assorted paramilitaries and leftist guerillas making things even more complicated. The Integralistas are by far the most willing to attack civilians for the sake of it though, and I don't think anyone's very sure of how many of them there are out there, hiding in jungles, cave systems, mountains, marshlands and more.

My condolences my friend, I hope you stay safe, the board would be poorer without Pedro in it. And if fate is willing, may the culprits behind this attack on the innocents of the world be brought to justice.

With regards to the latest update of the timeline and the mentions of consistent far-right apologia and denial in Brazil, I wonder, pop-culture wise, which villain would be the timeline's equivalent to Gihren Zabi?

What do I mean by that, in Gundam Gihren Zabi is usually considered the most evil of the Zeon and a Fascist Nazi-esque dictator to boot. And even Zeon apologists in the West try to steer clear of his Nazi-esque ideology, instead fawning over Char or Garma(through apologists exist). However the Japanese far-right consider him to be a hero of sorts and there are spin-off games that supports the Japanese far-right's interpretations of how Gihren would act as a leader.

Would we have a fictional character in Reds-verse pop culture that is clearly intended to be a villain, but get apologetic supporters strapping them in draco in leather pants on the far-right and in the more extreme and militaristic circles of the capitalist bloc? I know that the KKK as a group gets whitewashed in the FBU, but I'm talking about a specifically fictitious villain or a supervillain that gets significant amounts of whitewashing by the extreme right.
The Japanese far right is too small and demographically old to have that kind of effect on popular culture.

That said, I did have some things planned, and they'll include overzealous left-wing villains who will occaisionally have fans who don't get the memo. In the context of Gundam, those would be Neo-Deikunists like Char Aznable and Haman Khan, sort of in the vein of Bordiga meets the protracted people's war concept.

The Japanese far right is too small and demographically old to have that kind of effect on popular culture.

That said, I did have some things planned, and they'll include overzealous left-wing villains who will occaisionally have fans who don't get the memo. In the context of Gundam, those would be Neo-Deikunists like Char Aznable and Haman Khan, sort of in the vein of Bordiga meets the protracted people's war concept.
I believe he's asking about right wing villains in general who end up getting a misaimed fandom abroad.

Like RitterStahl being a Siegfried fanboy in his youth.

Kalki said:
My condolences to the victims of this horrendous attack, and the hope the perpetrators are caught.

Given the survivalist bent of many of these Integralist terrorists (I've read some groups study isolated tribes to get a better understanding of surviving in the forest), and the vast territory of rainforest for them to hide, I'd imagine that the latter will be a difficult task.

AH.com Thread Terrorista Bombing in Brazil

Oh my god. My condolences, Pedro. I do hope you're alright. The board would be the same without you. My thoughts go out to all those who have died.

The American Ambassador is DEAD? That's it, these Integralist fuckers have gone too far this time. We need to bring the hammer down on them, even if it means working with the bourgeois Brazilian Government. We should send a few divisions of leathernecks down, we mauled those fuckers once, we'll do it again.

Figured I'd show the more militant side of my character, since he is a Liberation Party member, after all.

I was referring to misaimed fandom for far right villains in the FBU and the rest of the capitalist bloc.

But Bordigists do sweet fuck all, how are they compelling villains? ;)

Cesar Pedro said:
Ireland is a small mostly grassy island. The amazon rainforest alone is larger than the entirety of the ECF combined, not to mention their other hiding spots. Where praytell would you have us start searching that we haven't for the last seventy years of this conflict with fascist die-hards? This conflict is older than any of the soldiers fighting it; it is the long war of this continent. It is a slow burning, low intensity struggle that never seems to end as you strike down one integralist warband in some god forsaken stretch of jungle or in the underbelly of one of our colossal cities or even in other countries entirely only for another to pop up later.

Last edited:

Bulldoggus

Banned
Note: I added an American who wants the US to return to my Rouge AH thread. I assume this perspective would be Mencius Moldbug levels of obscure and marginalized, but it would exist and cause some interesting online exchanges.

AH.Com thread Terrorist Bombing in Brazil

Kowashi Inoue said:
Oh.

Oh dear.

I had wondered before if something would happen during the summit; it is easy to forget that there are other countries who have not been able to smash their fascists as thoroughly as we did (though that was with assistance, of course, and if they did not perish they at least fled elsewhere). I do hope that our Brazilian members are safe and sound. I'm surprised that the strongholds had the funds to manage a truck bomb of that size, however. Has the FSN responded yet? I'm sure that the Brazilian intelligence community is going to be combing through their finances quite thoroughly in the near future.

I hope that Cesar Pedro keeps us updated.

Pending confirmation by TRS, the FSN is the Frente de Salvação Nacional (National Salvation Front), Brazil's Neo Integralist party.

Last edited:

Bulldoggus

Banned
AH.com Thread: Holy Shit Look What I Found!!!
Have you ever wondered what our Rouge's Gallery has been up to? Well wonder no more, thanks to www.RougeAH.fbu! I don't want to troll them too much, but LOOK at who's on it! Here's a recap.
AvengeUlster- From Northern Ireland. Literally the most bigoted man alive. I believe he was banned after saying Mormons should be put to death.
PiusXIII- A traditionalist Catholic from Italy. Hates every pope since, well, Pius the 13th. Especially loathes Iggy*. Banned after saying abortionists should be put to death.
Himmler1989- A nazi (from Belgium, oddly). Banned after saying Jews and Walloons should be put to death.
George_Washington- A man who wants to restore the Second Republic, banned after saying all who support the legitimacy of our current system should be put to death.
KlansmanDave- A Yuma who is a member of the KKK there. Banned after saying all blacks (including everyone on the continent of Africa should be put to death.
@Red_DevilDog- Good Lord. What shall we do about this, old boy?
*Pope Ignatius II- Jorge Bergoglio