Reds fanfic

QueerSpear

Banned
What are MMOs like in this TL? I can't imagine the current business models of the MMO(the $15/month tax or the bleed ppl dry with microtransactions) existing outside the FBU, so what are they like?

Hopefully more like Lord of the Rings less like World of Warcraft.

Online economies, on the other hand...

It's funny when it's someone who was a jerk through the entire production. It's called poetic justice. It's a staple of comedy since the concept of comedy was created. Shakespeare used this simple idea in his comedies. Looney Tunes used this to great effect.

Maybe you're right. But still there must be a measure - in "Tom and Jerry" it is severely disrupted - Jerry looks cruel sadists, and Tom feels sorry ....

Hopefully more like Lord of the Rings less like World of Warcraft.

Online economies, on the other hand...

TBH, IMHO LOTRO is one of the worst examples of the "bleed us dry with micro" business model. Let's see they not only charge expansions, cosmetic items and skill/xp boosters but really slow grinding processes and lock a lot of areas off with "quest packs" which means "pay x so you can do these quests while we get your $$$"

Last edited:
Maybe you're right. But still there must be a measure - in "Tom and Jerry" it is severely disrupted - Jerry looks cruel sadists, and Tom feels sorry ....
You might be thinking about "Itchy and Scratchy", because my perception of Tom and Jerry is very different. Tom is trying to catch and eat Jerry, and sometimes does it through cruel means, and Jerry is acting in self-defense most of the time. This goes with other cartoons, like Bugs Bunny, who only attacks in self-defense against a variety of foes.

The aforementioned "Road Runner" cartoon work on the same principle, but in a different manner. Wile E. Coyote is trying to capture the Road Runner, but is brought down constantly by his own ineptitude or the disfunctionality of his gadgets.

One of my favorite cartoons of all time, Duck Amuck, uses the idea of Daffy Duck (a blowhard and a egotist) being put through increasingly bizarre situations, and seeing him get more and more angry.

QueerSpear

Banned
TBH, IMHO LOTRO is one of the worst examples of the "bleed us dry with micro" business model. Let's see they not only charge expansions, cosmetic items and skill/xp boosters but really slow grinding processes and lock a lot of areas off with "quest packs" which means "pay x so you can do these quests while we get your $$$

I was talking about in terms of communities. LotRO's greater emphasis on roleplaying, crafting and socializing over PvP and Raiding gives it one of the nicest and most mature MMOs communties online and I think that would be the model of Comintern MMOs TTL.

You might be thinking about "Itchy and Scratchy", because my perception of Tom and Jerry is very different. Tom is trying to catch and eat Jerry, and sometimes does it through cruel means, and Jerry is acting in self-defense most of the time. This goes with other cartoons, like Bugs Bunny, who only attacks in self-defense against a variety of foes.

The aforementioned "Road Runner" cartoon work on the same principle, but in a different manner. Wile E. Coyote is trying to capture the Road Runner, but is brought down constantly by his own ineptitude or the disfunctionality of his gadgets.

One of my favorite cartoons of all time, Duck Amuck, uses the idea of Daffy Duck (a blowhard and a egotist) being put through increasingly bizarre situations, and seeing him get more and more angry.
How do you say - I have not yet analyzed this issue in detail. Well, you can already begin to identify contradictions (and in dialectics it is necessary to begin with contradictions).

How do you say - I have not yet analyzed this issue in detail. Well, you can already begin to identify contradictions (and in dialectics it is necessary to begin with contradictions).
Look, comedy is not based on deriving pleasure from fatal or devastating cruelty. It always pokes fun at inconveniences that happen due to simple human nature or karmic justice to those who either deserve it or have it coming. There's an old Yiddish saying. "Man Plans, God Laughs." That simply means that plans can and will go awry under certain circumstances, and that's where comedy can be gained. That's why Fawlty Towers is such a classic in the sitcom genre.

We talked a lot about the Looney Tunes, and here's a good video, which talks a little about how the comedy in those work by exploring the works of one of its most prominent directors.

Look, comedy is not based on deriving pleasure from fatal or devastating cruelty. It always pokes fun at inconveniences that happen due to simple human nature or karmic justice to those who either deserve it or have it coming. There's an old Yiddish saying. "Man Plans, God Laughs." That simply means that plans can and will go awry under certain circumstances, and that's where comedy can be gained.

Or, as some lit majors might say, sometimes the curtains really are just blue.

Fair enough. It could parody the other aspects of TTL westerns.
Yeah, TTL seems like one where what would be called revisionist westerns in OTL would have more prevalence earlier. That and whatever effects the Eisenstein Code has on the genre would probably serve as the basis of what alt-Blazing Saddles satirizes.

Hmm, interesting discourse. Would be cool to see what Blazing Saddles would be like ITTL

On Another Topic.....

It's been mused that Cars won't be as widely used ITTL, due to larger cities and more public transport. Since most people live in apartments, I think that Motorcycles might be even more popular in Red America, due to them taking up less space.

On Another Topic.....

It's been mused that Cars won't be as widely used ITTL, due to larger cities and more public transport. Since most people live in apartments, I think that Motorcycles might be even more popular in Red America, due to them taking up less space.

For personalized transportation, I could certainly see that out in the countryside. Makes me think that while it's been butterflied away due to the cultural differences Easy Rider-like films about lone wolves wandering across the nation on their bikes might become a cliche for your student film project. One wonders what the gang culture would look like as well.

For personalized transportation, I could certainly see that out in the countryside. Makes me think that while it's been butterflied away due to the cultural differences Easy Rider-like films about lone wolves wandering across the nation on their bikes might become a cliche for your student film project. One wonders what the gang culture would look like as well.
I was thinking about that as well. I'm guessing the Interstate Highway is not a thing, so I suppose they are localized and occur in isolated areas.

Hmm, interesting discourse. Would be cool to see what Blazing Saddles would be like ITTL

On Another Topic.....

Or maybe velomobiles-which provide protection, use little gas, and are great for short trips to the grocery store- could become a dominant form of public transportation.

So, I was reading a little on the use of "deep undercover agents" in fiction made during the Cold War (and continuing today with shows like The Americans). I wonder if TTL Franco-British media also has movies and tv shows having American deep undercover agents.

Or maybe velomobiles-which provide protection, use little gas, and are great for short trips to the grocery store- could become a dominant form of public transportation.

Maybe amongst those less enthused with personal transport.

I currently own a Harley FXR that I've spent a lot of time tweaking and modifying (greatest achievement if changing the engine from air-cooled to water cooled), and I can't see myself getting rid of it ITTL.

It turns out it is called in Russian on the other. I'll know.

The phrase "If the enemy Attacks- Empire Strikes Back" understandable huge number of people.XD
But seriously ...
Have you ever seen such a situation - someone slipped and everyone around laugh? It seems that people are enjoying his suffering. It may seem that I read the moral, but ... this is a problem!
IMHO - in my opinion it is contrary to the principle of human life (which must prevail in communism), according to which the most valuable, and that requires constant development - people.
I'm pretty sure Schadenfreude is something far too deeply ingrained into human psychology to ever be erased through something like a simple change in socioeconomic situation. It's a universal sensation to laugh at the failures of someone you were hoping to fail to begin with. In any case I'm pretty sure no one wants round #612 of "Wotan tries to argue that the Soviet way is the only way and everyone tells him he's wrong" so let's stop here.

I'm pretty sure Schadenfreude is something far too deeply ingrained into human psychology to ever be erased through something like a simple change in socioeconomic situation. It's a universal sensation to laugh at the failures of someone you were hoping to fail to begin with. In any case I'm pretty sure no one wants round #612 of "Wotan tries to argue that the Soviet way is the only way and everyone tells him he's wrong" so let's stop here.
The amendment - in the Soviet Union was full of comedy based on the failures and humiliations of the character. One of the most popular Soviet cartoons - "Well Well wait" (analogue of Tom and Jerry). In this respect, I am opposed to the Soviet Union and modern society.
It seems to me that this is contrary to such important qualities as empathy and sympathy.