Red Sun Rising: The Reverse-Russo-Japanese War

Maybe one more on this time period and then the next? I'm not sure yet.

P.S. I'm working on a Jan 1924 map to show the changes so far. This draft is far from complete of course but any suggestions/advice?

C4oErIy.png

I'm probably missing something, and should probably re-read your updates, but why does Japan have claims on Indochina?

One way to remedy it would be to change the outline to the "Eastasia" colour off one of the colour schemes to represent them being in an alliance, as they're not really puppets in practise as their revolutions were for the most part autonomous rather than the Japanese forcing themselves upon them.

image.png
As well as the events of the major powers that were of note, a number f more minor changes would also occur during this time frame as the nations of the world recovered from the Great War and multiple revolutions. Several lesser changes in the world sphere must have happened as well.

- The Home Rule Act in Britain was enacted in 1917 to grant Ireland (minus Ulster) Dominion status and a form of self-rule, while still being under the authority of the Crown. This was a compromise which neither side was satisfied with, but it would have to do for now.
- The British also granted an independent neutral state in the form of Hejaz, in order to keep Muslims from trying to compete over the region. No military forces are allowed in besides a Self Defense Force to protect the country from invasion.
- Following dispute with the Belgian crown, the decision was made not to allow Leopold to have personal fiefdom over the Congo, while in fact a referendum was held regarding the particularly unruly province of Katanga, which considered itself seperate from the rest. Along with Abyssinia and Liberia, it became another independent African nation, if dependent on Britain for aid.
- Border arrangements between Hungary and Romania.
- A stalemate between the British backed Hashemites and the German backed Saudis occurs in Arabia, while the newly fascistic Ottomans are playing them off.
- The world's second fascist nation occurs in Paraguay, just a few months after and inspired by the Constantinople standoff. Revanchism grows in the region which alerts the other nations in the region.
- Unrest continues in the Phillipines as Mindahoa desires separation from the Catholic north.
- The Spanish economy booms post-war with its new resources and alliance to Germany, though fear of what's happening in France is putting them on edge.
- Ruthenian revanchists hope to liberate the Russian Ukraine following the Black Uprising, but without German help this is impossible for them.
- The Dutch continue to ensure control over Indonesia is possible, while gaining ties with imperial Cambodia. However, Indonesia remains a hotbed of ideological resistance movements of various forms, with some influenced by Japan and Marx.
- Religious fervour grows in southern Mexico as a new denomination lead by the Catholic Priest Father Julien Rodriguez, who hopes to free Mexico from 'Americans, apostates and atheists'. His unorthodox methods and rumours of a scandalous lifestyle lead to his excommunication fromRome.
- Many in Jugoslavia now feels that it was cheated out of peace treaties by the Germans and others, and they hope to reclaim southern Slavic territories, with their main target currently being Bulgaria.
- Proposals to revise negotiations on the Pink Map are turned down by the Portuguese government. The monarchy's grip on power becomes much more shaky as a result.

And that my friends, is the second phase of this timeline. The next one shall be 1924-1931.

Unoriginal? Perhaps. But I dare you to diss this beautiful thing.
It's rice with a factory wheel, could be the communist party flag of any Asian communist group. I think it's high time that they claim Pan-Asiaism as one of their major tenets of Communism?

I imagine they do by now. Sakai is more concerned about internationalism specifically, but some of the more pragmatic ones should take an 'Asia-first' outlook to it. Of course, don't expect a Cold War esque superpower fight, more a Victorian style great powers 20th century.

I'm not sure about this particular time frame's main events though, as obviously the Great Depression won't be a thing, at least not in our form. Dictatorships are starting to emerge in Europe and Latin America, but for the most part there are few wars at this point.