README/FAQ: How the Timelines and Scenarios forum works

hey, i have a question. would i be allowed to post my ASB ATL here? it deals with many different countries and PODs (hence my personal classification of it as ASB) and its also loosely inspired by a pre-existing anime. would i be allowed to post details about each country in at least one post and then go on to something else out of order?

i just want to make sure so that i dont do anything stupid

I don't know if they allow ASB TLs in this subforum. From what I can see, all of the accepted entries are based on pretty plausible scenarios.

hey, i have a question. would i be allowed to post my ASB ATL here? it deals with many different countries and PODs (hence my personal classification of it as ASB) and its also loosely inspired by a pre-existing anime. would i be allowed to post details about each country in at least one post and then go on to something else out of order?

i just want to make sure so that i dont do anything stupid

and

I don't know if they allow ASB TLs in this subforum. From what I can see, all of the accepted entries are based on pretty plausible scenarios.

Meet

Modified the description that ASB stuff and short stories/fiction are OK, with two caveats. ASB stuff should be internally consistent (mods need to use some judgement there), and if you ever plan on trying to sell a story don't post it anywhere except the Writer's Forum.

yeah, i know, i saw that last part about internal consistency. i just wanted to be certain cause of how different my ATL is from more traditional ASB stuff, at least as far as ive seen here

Whose modding this these days. I sent rast's A Shift In Priorities in a few days ago for approval. Haven't heard or seen anything. I'm just wondering cause I have bunch more to post for it.

It can take a bit, since I seem to be the only one who cares for this forum, and I'm not here anymore that often.

Your TL is now approved. You can post the rest of it.

I submitted my timeline yesterday but saw today that Max Sinister wasn't online for three weeks and he seems to be the one who checks the timelines. So I wonder when I can expect my timeline to show up?

I accidently posted a thread here called "The transformation of money in the 21st century." that was meant for the Future AH forum... but I cant find it to move it. Can it be 'found' and moved there?

I accidently posted a thread here called "The transformation of money in the 21st century." that was meant for the Future AH forum... but I cant find it to move it. Can it be 'found' and moved there?

I assume given the radio silence that its either not possible or that my thread never made it online. I'll rewrite it later, thanks.

Who would be the best person to PM regarding the status of submitted posts to this forum? I submitted the first part for my Reagan TL a couple of days ago and wanted to ask before poking random mods and admins.

This forum is for finished TLs only - you should post it in a different subforum (Before 1900, in your case), have people discuss it to find errors in it, until you can be sure it's good enough. I approved the TL, but now another mod has to move it - I lack the powers.

Historical Fiction

Question: Where do we put Historical Fictions? 'Cause I'm trying to start a timeline but most of the characters are based on my imagination, especially rulers, but the world is still the same. Sorry if the question is stupid, I'm new here. :)

Question: Where do we put Historical Fictions? 'Cause I'm trying to start a timeline but most of the characters are based on my imagination, especially rulers, but the world is still the same. Sorry if the question is stupid, I'm new here. :)

If it is an alternate history story (has a Point-of-Divergence) and the PoD is before 1900 it would go in that forum. If in or after 1900 then that one.

The writer's forum is also a good place for stories as well but those tend to be either original works, story only threads from the ASB forum, or a catch all area for someone who was not sure.

And there are no stupid questions.

By-the-way welcome aboard. :)

If it is an alternate history story (has a Point-of-Divergence) and the PoD is before 1900 it would go in that forum. If in or after 1900 then that one.

The writer's forum is also a good place for stories as well but those tend to be either original works, story only threads from the ASB forum, or a catch all area for someone who was not sure.

And there are no stupid questions.

By-the-way welcome aboard. :)

Thanks! But, it doesn't really have a PoD. Just one new guy that changes history.

Any idea how to stop pictures from showing up? Trying to read Disaster at Leuthen and a huge map is just making it awkward with having to drag the bar back and forth.