README/FAQ: How the Timelines and Scenarios forum works

Okay, If I want to revive and continue an older thread, hoping to submit it here, but I also want to make some changes in what I've already posted, what should I do?

a) rewrite and repost the thread over in the discussions forum, putting the changed ATL in a new thread.

b) just continue the original thread in discussions, but submit the changed TL here.

Or am I being totally confusing (or confused)?

I suggest that you post your changes / retcons in the old thread, let people discuss them whether they're plausible, wait two weeks, and then start a thread here.

WyldCard4

Banned
Question, for when I feel that my Earth-38 profiles are complete am I aloud to post them in segments shorter than 2000 words, though the first post would be slightly longer than 2000 words for ease of linking and navigation

You might want to try again. Make sure you have put the link to the original discussion thread in your first post.

Hi Jasen777

Thanks for the advice.

I did this in my original post here, I will wait for one of the Moderators to respond as their could simpily be a backlog of ok story's for them to go through.

I think this happened with my other two story's that I posted here.

Whatisinaname

@whatisinaname: Your Scenario was too short. 2000 words minimum. Read the rules, folks!

Hi Max Sinister

Thanks for you reponce.

I have checked what I originally posted and the number of words come to just over 3100, so I don't know what happen there!

I will re-post again, please could you let me know if there is a problem?

Thanks

Whatisinaname

Are "world building exercises" permitted?

I would rather like to post my update to "For All Time" (link in my sig) but I'm unsure if this would be against the rules.

Sorry for the bother.

:eek:

Short Format Videos?

Hi,

I joined your forums early this year to help me do research for a short film. The film has been finished for a while, but I've just now gotten it uploaded to youtube.com for the general public to look at. It is a complete alternate history (3 actually) but posting a link hardly qualifies as 2000 words. My question is this: should I post the links here for people to review, or in the discussion section?

I appreciate your help. Thank you!

-Starchilde

Its been suggested to me that i post what ive written so far of my TL 'We'll Meet Again' in this forum....but do I post it on the forum and then have it approved (according to the above rules) or PM a moderator the text and then have them approve it before posting? Im right confused innit...:confused:

Reading Ian's posts, I always assumed this is how it happened.

You start your timeline in the discussion forums.

Keep writing it in the discussion forum.

In that discussion forum, an implausible timeline will be ripped apart or reformed.

Once it's long enough, you can post it the TL section at your own discretion, but it will be subject to the moderators who might delete it if they feel that it isn't ready for the Timeline section.

I think you can post your TL here, but don't forget to link to your discussion in the OP.

d
Reading Ian's posts, I always assumed this is how it happened.

You start your timeline in the discussion forums.

Keep writing it in the discussion forum.

In that discussion forum, an implausible timeline will be ripped apart or reformed.

Once it's long enough, you can post it the TL section at your own discretion, but it will be subject to the moderators who might delete it if they feel that it isn't ready for the Timeline section.

I think you can post your TL here, but don't forget to link to your discussion in the OP.

I gotta say that was a lot more logical then what Ian said.

Can I ask when 'Fight and Be Right' might be approved? I think I submitted it a few months ago.

Appreciate you must be busy though, so no rush...