Reaction of the Dominions if King Edward VIII marries Wallis Simpson?

In 1936, King Edward VIII abdicated after less than a year as King of the British Empire, so that he could marry American double divorcee, Wallis Simpson. His brother, Prince Albert would be crowned King George VI and would go on to admirably lead the United Kingdom during the Second World War.

But let's assume that Edward VIII refuses to abdicate. Circumventing Baldwin, Edward VIII makes a direct radio address to the British people without asking the Prime Minister, and successfully swings public opinion in his favour (the PoD; IOTL Baldwin refused to allow Edward to make the address when the King asked him to allow it). Stanley Baldwin and the cabinet resigns, and Labour and the Liberals all refuse to form a government. In a snap election in early 1937, the King's Own Party led by the triumvirate of David Lloyd George, Winston Churchill, and Oswald Mosley form the next government in a majority, and Edward VIII has a morganatic marriage with Wallis Simpson, meaning the heir remains Prince Albert and his descendants.

Now, ignoring the ramifications in Britain and on the Second World War, how do the Dominions (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and South Africa) react to this turn of events? Ireland will transition to a republic as OTL, but would any other of the Dominions go so far as to separate like Ireland? New Zealand was willing to accept a morganatic marriage, but the others weren't. Do any of the other governments resign in protest like Baldwin's, or do they bear witness to Edward VIII coming out on top in Britain and move on, grumbling under their breath? Do big tent, pro-Edward imitation King's Own Parties pop up in the Commonwealth, led by the likes of pro-British and anti-establishment politicians ranging from extreme to mainstream figures such as Adrien Arcand and H.H. Stevens in Canada, and Eric Campbell and Billy Hughes in Australia? If so, do any see any short or long term success?

I honestly don't see voters deserting the Tories and Labour enough to get a King's Party into office. People have other concerns for government beyond a royal marriage, and voting habits can be hard to break.

I honestly don't see voters deserting the Tories and Labour enough to get a King's Party into office. People have other concerns for government beyond a royal marriage, and voting habits can be hard to break.
Granted, it is an unlikely scenario for a brand spanking new third party to form the government, but for the sake of argument, let's say it happens. Do you think there would be any effect on the Dominions besides snap elections at most?

Initially I cant see any difference the Dominions were very loyal to the Crown and would fall into line. After a few years I can see big changes, if he lives to 1972 as IOTL I can see him being the last Monarch.

According to Duff Cooper, OTL the Parliamentary classes were initially reasonably open to, if not actively supportive of, letting the King marry whoever he wanted. It was after they had gone back to their constituencies and taken the political temperature that their opinions hardened. 1930s England was still a churchgoing society and the view that a divorced woman should not be Queen had wide resonance.
Opinion in the Dominions was usually even more negative than in the UK. Canada particularly so as they had some exposure to US media and had more of an idea of Mrs. Simpson's past history. Given Mrs. Simpson's personal and political baggage I really can't see it. In the circumstances, it is understandable that MI5 and Special Branch should be watching her. However their watchers were actually coming up with serious findings - associations with the German Embassy and strong indications of an affair with von Ribbentrop. The people who you name were mainly political has-beens who saw an opportunity for a comeback. The big beasts in both Government and opposition stayed loyal

I doubt a new party would form in this case but I think that there would be a divide in both Tory and Labour parties over the issue.

Geoge VI becomes King of Canada, then of the rest of the Commonwealth. Eventually, Edward is deposed in the UK.

He would not accept any such offer. The King of Great Britain is King of the Dominions The Canadian government would make its views known, but then just wait for the UK to sort it out. - unless/until any of them become republics. Canada would most likely just make it's views known, then wait for the UK government to sort things out.

The trouble with any notion of a Kings Party is that it’s unherantly unstable and on any other issue/policy than the King it’s more than likely to collapse and fall apart, given the wide spectrum of members it would have.

It would lack any coherent policies or objectives. It lacks the local political infrastructure of the established party machines.

He would not accept any such offer. The King of Great Britain is King of the Dominions The Canadian government would make its views known, but then just wait for the UK to sort it out. - unless/until any of them become republics. Canada would most likely just make it's views known, then wait for the UK government to sort things out.
George/Albert might well not accept for family solidarity. But by this point, Canada's parliament is sovereign and can pick their own monarch.
Remember that the King of Canada declared war on Germany later than the King of the UK at the start of WWII. They are two separate legal persons at this point.

Admittedly, the very possibility of such action makes it even less likely that Edward stays on the throne.

Geoge VI becomes King of Canada, then of the rest of the Commonwealth. Eventually, Edward is deposed in the UK.
That's absurd. The opinion in the Commonwealth was divided between countries and even then between the political establishment and the citizenry.

In a letter from Mr. King to Mr. Baldwin dated Nov. 30, 1936 (10 days before the abdication), the Canadian prime minister said he understood why it would be best if Edward abdicated rather than trying to remain on the throne and marry Mrs. Simpson.
Although he disapproved of such a marriage, Mr. King warned that if the public believed the abdication was "imposed" on Edward rather than voluntary, Canadian opinion would be sharply divided and "sympathy with the King in his desire to marry the woman of his choice will be widespread."
She said the documents also point out that the Dominions were far from convinced that Britain was handling the situation properly -- and in the case of New Zealand in particular, were sympathetic to Edward's desire to marry and stay on the throne.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ing-in-darkest-hours-of-1936/article18284269/

There is a huge body of work on the abdication crisis.

Edward VIII was quite popular in Canada and especially Alberta, it wouldn't be the instantaneous opposition that people describe but probably cause a sharp divide in opinions.

Might It speed up the republic movement in South Africa? There goes those bloody verdomede cursed British. It’s bad enough that they coddle the Bantu, now they live in sin.

Might It speed up the republic movement in South Africa? There goes those bloody verdomede cursed British. It’s bad enough that they coddle the Bantu, now they live in sin.
I would think if JBM Hertzog refuses to form a government representing and Jan Smuts also refuses to form government (or because he can't get elected due to rekindled anti-British sentiment) it would definitely speed up the republican movement by allowing more extreme Boers to fill the power vacuum.

I would think if JBM Hertzog refuses to form a government representing and Jan Smuts also refuses to form government (or because he can't get elected due to rekindled anti-British sentiment) it would definitely speed up the republican movement by allowing more extreme Boers to fill the power vacuum.
Don’t forget colonel shallard and the dominion party

Aberhart loved Edward VIII. The corporate state idea was promoted to increase traditional values.
Kind of surprised to hear that. I knew that Aberhart definitely had, shall we say 'disitinct' political views, but I would think the devout radio evangelist turned third party Premier would be against the King, the embodiment of the Church of England and Anglican divine connection, marrying a twice divorced American.

Kind of surprised to hear that. I knew that Aberhart definitely had, shall we say 'disitinct' political views, but I would think the devout radio evangelist turned third party Premier would be against the King, the embodiment of the Church of England and Anglican divine connection, marrying a twice divorced American.
While he would not have been thrilled, He might have seen Hm act as a form of elevation. Joseph called out of slavery to the right hand of Egypt.

There was more to it than simple religion though. The King's Ranch in Alberta was hugely popular, and he was immensely popular every time he visited for a royal tour. Aberhart could likely spin whatever he wants to about the royal couple given how little sense social credit makes at the best of times.