Rank Insignia and Uniforms Thread

I like it, seems reminiscent of translated Chinese ranks; if one were to switch to non-French/Latin derived terms, it'd look strikingly like OTL Wehrmacht/SS ranks!

if one were to switch to non-French/Latin derived terms, it'd look strikingly like OTL Wehrmacht/SS ranks!

Well, that's quite convenient! :D Britain's Protection Squadron and State Secret Service (SSS) in American King will feel appropriately super-villain-like then.

Combat fatigues and field kit of a Valkyrie-Vixen mercenary in the late 1920s.

nose_art_by_colorcopycenter-d58yxyk.png

It's a Mark VII bomb, not kill count. And that thing in front of the trigger is just a blocky chunk of metal. Maybe the maintenance kit fits in there.

The weapon has awful penetrating power due to the small caliber, though, so I don't think it'd be used in that kind of role. It's a parachutist's submachine gun designed for portability and size.

Because I have a very vague notion of how automatic firearms function, plus I'm awful at consistency. This is supposed to be a similar model of submachine gun, but I didn't go back to double check for reference, so I ended up doing something completely different while doing the most recent rendition.

Because I have a very vague notion of how automatic firearms function, plus I'm awful at consistency. This is supposed to be a similar model of submachine gun, but I didn't go back to double check for reference, so I ended up doing something completely different while doing the most recent rendition.

Got it.
I'm trying to think of a reason for it to be there (Like some kind of magazine holder) but I'm drawing a blank. Which sucks, because that aside it's an awesome drawing (like most of your work I've seen).

abandon_ship_by_colorcopycenter-d5acqds.png

Uniforms of the League Armada in non-pristine condition after an aircrew has been forced to bail out over hostile territory. The blues are for aeronaval flight officers and engineers, green designates piloting and navigation personnel, while the khakis and tans are reserved for Armada Marines.

By this point in the story, it's almost a running joke that no one knows what to do with their boarding cutlasses and sabres when the shit hits the fan, and they're kept on hand solely as an ostentatious display of rank.

By this point in the story, it's almost a running joke that no one knows what to do with their boarding cutlasses and sabres when the shit hits the fan, and they're kept on hand solely as an ostentatious display of rank.

Unfortunately your TL is way too long for me to want to get started... but it's on my list of TLs to read if I'm ever stricken with disease or injury and have a LOT of free time.