After much painstaking work, here is the map of the railroads of the Southeast I promised. Again, not all lines are shown, only the ones that are vitally important. You might notice that I omitted the Central of Georgia's lines to Atlanta and Chattanooga. That's because I didn't view them as vital to the system. I had a few other ideas such as the SCL selling the West Coast line to the ICG but omitted that as well until I got some opinions from you all. Up next will be a map showing the north and south railroads together. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OMIgBMcgE5Vsfc0Mji4WmjHtG2hUoGcE&usp=sharing
Can you open it please? I can't reach it.

@Republic of Michigan

I will say that your ideas are definitely nice.

Thank you. I decided that for the southern roads the POD is that the IC holds on to the CofG going into the 1950s so I thought what that decision would affect and went from there. Not too dissimilar to OTL but it's enough.

The next phase is dealing with the north-south mergers. Then I'm moving on to the Western roads and the systems I see as most realistic.

Well, third time's the charm. Try it now.

It works for me. :) I think this is a great setup, because it makes the Southern and Family Lines as good and also provides Illinois Central a position as a bit of a spoiler role, particularly on traffic headed from the Midwest to Florida or Georgia and vice-versa. It also means all of the Western routes can interchange traffic with all three of them at Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis and New Orleans depending on where the loads are going. I did notice that this also swallows up all of the small lines, though it doesn't include the RF&P - owned by the Pennsy here as Andrew Boyd proposed?

The next question for these: do they get sucked into someone else? Your Southern is pretty much an end-to-end merger with the N&W, the Family Lines and Chessie is only really duplicating in Virginia and parts of Kentucky and CN is pretty much end-to-end with the Illinois Central. A lot of the futures of these lines would depend on the ICC or whatever agency replaces it as OTL.

After much painstaking work, here is the map of the railroads of the Southeast I promised. Again, not all lines are shown, only the ones that are vitally important. You might notice that I omitted the Central of Georgia's lines to Atlanta and Chattanooga. That's because I didn't view them as vital to the system. I had a few other ideas such as the SCL selling the West Coast line to the ICG but omitted that as well until I got some opinions from you all. Up next will be a map showing the north and south railroads together. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1OMIgBMcgE5Vsfc0Mji4WmjHtG2hUoGcE&ll=34.736297765503856,-86.33549605000002&z=4
I only noticed just now, but who gets the SAL west of Tallahassee? The part from there to Jacksonville goes to IC, so might I suggest the IC get that too?.

It works for me. :) I think this is a great setup, because it makes the Southern and Family Lines as good and also provides Illinois Central a position as a bit of a spoiler role, particularly on traffic headed from the Midwest to Florida or Georgia and vice-versa. It also means all of the Western routes can interchange traffic with all three of them at Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis and New Orleans depending on where the loads are going. I did notice that this also swallows up all of the small lines, though it doesn't include the RF&P - owned by the Pennsy here as Andrew Boyd proposed?

The next question for these: do they get sucked into someone else? Your Southern is pretty much an end-to-end merger with the N&W, the Family Lines and Chessie is only really duplicating in Virginia and parts of Kentucky and CN is pretty much end-to-end with the Illinois Central. A lot of the futures of these lines would depend on the ICC or whatever agency replaces it as OTL.

Well, the RF&P is still part of the PRR. You'll see this in the combined map. I didn't include a lot of the smaller lines because I wanted to focus only on the major trunk lines. For example, I didn't include the Interstate Railroad in here because it was so tiny that it would barely be noticeable. As for Andrew mentioning the SAL line west of Tallahassee, that's also a part of the same. Yes, it could go to the IC, and it probably would, but it wouldn't be beneficial to the operations as a whole and wouldn't be regarded.

As for the north south mergers, I'm thinking NYC-IC, B&O-SOU, PRR-SCL. If you look back at my comment some time ago, you'll see why. And in this map which just has all the lines separately, you'll also see why I chose these groupings.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?...X&ll=38.11505684691329,-86.02985105489267&z=6

Now mind you, these are the systems before the mergers take place, so some lines, line the N&W and C&O lines that connect to the Clinchfield are not included yet.

@Andrew Boyd @TheMann @WaterproofPotatoes @Lucas Any of you guys have a recommendation for the name of the railroad made from the New York, Baltimore & Ohio (The Erie Lackawanna with a Nickle Plate that controls the Pere Marquette and the Baltimore & Ohio which has the Reading and CNJ) and the Southern which controls the Gulf, Mobile & Ohio, Monon and Florida East Coast? Maybe New York, Ohio & Gulf? I already have the Central System name staying and the Pennsylvania & Western and Seaboard System will be called Keystone System or Keystone Transportation.

@Republic of Michigan @Andrew Boyd

For New York and Baltimore & Ohio, here´s some ideas:

- Eastern Central
- New Ohio Central
- Central Ohio System
- Baltimore & New Central

For Southern:

- Southern Gulf Lines
- Gulf Coast Railroad
- Southern Transport Lines
- Family Gulf Lines - Inspired on Family Lines System
- Seaboard Southern

Last edited:
@Republic of Michigan @Andrew Boyd

For New York and Baltimore & Ohio, here´s some ideas:

- Eastern Central
- New Ohio Central
- Central Ohio System
- Baltimore & New Central

For Southern:

- Southern Gulf Lines
- Gulf Coast Railroad
- Southern Transport Lines
- Family Gulf Lines - Inspired on Family Lines System
- Seaboard Southern

Thank you. But I'm more looking for a name for a railroad that would combine the two, rather than individual names for each of them.