Question about the ramifications of alternate europe

In my timeline, by the year 1550, the ottoman empire also controls italy and estern iberia since they allied whit Hungary and Venice since both of them fought against expentionist France which now unified and became the Angevin kingdom. I know this lacks context but I was wondering how religion might be affected and how would renaissance be affected, how much would the islamic world benefit from controling all of the mediteranian? Would renaisance be different in western europe? How would religion change since in my timeline eastern and western christian kingdoms allied whit islamic people to defeat eachother and France/Angevin kingdom influenced the church to make it become more tolerant of Islam for their strategic interests.

In my timeline, by the year 1550, the ottoman empire also controls italy and estern iberia since they allied whit Hungary and Venice since both of them fought against expentionist France which now unified and became the Angevin kingdom. I know this lacks context but I was wondering how religion might be affected and how would renaissance be affected, how much would the islamic world benefit from controling all of the mediteranian? Would renaisance be different in western europe? How would religion change since in my timeline eastern and western christian kingdoms allied whit islamic people to defeat eachother and France/Angevin kingdom influenced the church to make it become more tolerant of Islam for their strategic interests.
Angevin Empire alone is a massive butterfly, More successful ottoman too, and as you say, the Catholic Church might be more pragmatic short of the Angevians decided to split on their own church early

Can you please make a map of your ideas?

Ottoman Italy changes the Renaissance as we know it and if, as it seems likely, the Pope was forced out of Rome, it may well spell doom for unified Catholicism.
The biggest changes though are for the Americas, most likely.

Ottoman Italy changes the Renaissance as we know it and if, as it seems likely, the Pope was forced out of Rome, it may well spell doom for unified Catholicism.
The biggest changes though are for the Americas, most likely.
Didnt the head of the ortodox church stay in contantinople after it fell to the ottomans? what would be different whit the catholic pope

Didnt the head of the ortodox church stay in contantinople after it fell to the ottomans? what would be different whit the catholic pope
Pope was more arrogant/has more worldly power on Rome people tend to forget, that is the reason why french and others elected their own antipope, here they can easily raise one as pope or declare illegitimate the Roman one

Pope was more arrogant/has more worldly power on Rome people tend to forget, that is the reason why french and others elected their own antipope, here they can easily raise one as pope or declare illegitimate the Roman one
And I assume having a pope under ottoman rule would make it easy to call it illegitimate, if it did stay in Rome.

Angevin Empire alone is a massive butterfly, More successful ottoman too, and as you say, the Catholic Church might be more pragmatic short of the Angevians decided to split on their own church early

Can you please make a map of your ideas?
gonna be honest whit ya, im not realy in the mood to make any clean looking map since for the past months I foccused 100% on just lore writing, is a couple of rough screenshot edits good enough?

gonna be honest whit ya, im not realy in the mood to make any clean looking map since for the past months I foccused 100% on just lore writing, is a couple of rough screenshot edits good enough?
Yeah it would be, to give us a visual idea, nice you liked my idea

It's borderline ASB.
Why would Venice and Hungary ally with Ottoman Empire which was exactly their Biggest geopolitical threat and enemy for fear of France,to the point of letting Turks seizing Italy, however strong that France may be?Especially Hungary,they literally had no conflicting interests with France?

Last edited:
And how could an alliance with Venice get Ottoman to Eastern Iberia?
And If the "super strong" France you described let Ottomans take both Catalonia and Italy,then it was not strong at all.

Yeah it would be, to give us a visual idea, nice you liked my idea
aight so here's what I came up whit, sorry in advance for poor quality

Attachments

• 1262.JPG
    1262.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 1267.JPG
    1267.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 1267-1300.JPG
    1267-1300.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 1300.JPG
    1300.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 1367.JPG
    1367.JPG
    384.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 1441.JPG
    1441.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 1474.JPG
    1474.JPG
    459.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 1516.JPG
    1516.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 1528.JPG
    1528.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 194
And how could an alliance with Venice get Ottoman to Eastern Iberia?
And If the "super strong" France you described let Ottomans take both Catalonia and Italy,then it was not strong at all.
Hungary Venice and Aragon went to war whit France before the ottomans arrived and after France won they wanted to get back at France who controled the mediteranian. Ottomans help aragonese rebels against Castile which is how they got to iberia and France also got alot of money from Égypt which they have in this timeline so when the ottomans took it, France started declining

Hungary Venice and Aragon went to war whit France before the ottomans arrived and after France won they wanted to get back at France who controled the mediteranian. Ottomans help aragonese rebels against Castile which is how they got to iberia and France also got alot of money from Égypt which they have in this timeline so when the ottomans took it, France started declining
Venice and Aragon(which were the biggest power of North and South Italy,respectively )helping another country(and a Islamic one) to take control of Italy?Were all their leaders mad?

Last edited:
Again,what conflicting interests exactly did Hungary have with France?Rather than the Ottomans?

Even a Hungarian leader with minimum intelligence would know,if Ottomans could even controll Italy (and Iberia!),then they're definitely doomed.

Last edited:
Again,what conflicting interests exactly did Hungary have with France?Rather than the Ottomans?
Yea, but France had influence over all of iberia and italy. So woudnt Hungary want someone they are allied too to control it instead of someone they are against? Also Venice and Aragon had conflicting interest whit France when it came to influence in the mediteranian

Yea, but France had influence over all of iberia and italy. So woudnt Hungary want someone they are allied too to control it instead of someone they are against? Also Venice and Aragon had conflicting interest whit France when it came to influence in the mediteranian
You are completely ignorant of the situation in Balkans.
Hungary had been conflicting with Hungary for Dalmatia for hundreds of years. If they somehow get allied,it would only be Against the Ottomans,as in otl.

Ottomans as The Balkan Empire,is by definition the biggest,existential threat to both Hungary and Venice,they would never ally with it against any other enemy.

One last side note,if the "Angevin Kingdom" you speak of refers to the Ango-French Union under Plantagenets,then it couldn't be "expansionist" on the continent at all.

Last edited: