Question about For All Time

What kind of a cold war did For All Time have? The U.S. seemed quite isolationist. Who exactly were the big international players in FaT?

From what I could tell, they were-

United States
Soviets (CPSD)
Chinese
Amsterdam Pact (followed by British + Benelux)
French Empire
Venezuela
East African Federation
Greater South Africa
Jerusalem League
Nordic Council
Canada
Australia
Hindutva

Well, uh, it didn't have a cold war. It had bombs going off left, right, and centre. Half of the world eventually obliterated itself as I recall in a fight between the Soviets and China/the Middle East. I think you've got the big players all there though.

John Farson

Banned
Well, uh, it didn't have a cold war. It had bombs going off left, right, and centre. Half of the world eventually obliterated itself as I recall in a fight between the Soviets and China/the Middle East. I think you've got the big players all there though.

If that was a Cold War in FaT, I sure as hell don't want to know what a hot war would be!:eek:

At the end, was there any part of the world which was well off, where anyone from AH.com would wanna live in? Nordic countries? Canada?

Didn't they become the Australasian People's Republic, with Rupert (probably Murdoch) being the advisor of the Head of State (Whose name I forgot)?

Here it is:

For All Time 179: A New Hope
Canberra, The People's Republic of Australasia
25 February 2002
Prime Minister Charles Orenthal Yeo watched the buttocks of the intern lift under the tight material of her skirt as she walked out of his chamber. Magnificent arse, he thought. But no. Duty waits for no man. Right then. First on the agenda, the interview with the new Minister for Revenue, wossisname. Good man, maybe too good -- fond of a hymn now and then, according to the Public Safety report. Makes the downfall more interesting, if necessary.

Next, the politicals. Sigh. What can one do with them, really. Yeo mentally reviewed his index files, from Askew to Zimmermann. H'm, this Jones, yes. An utter nondescript, found blathering in a pub about Asiatics. But the crowd will have blood, Yeo reflected. If there was one thing Rupert had taught him, it was that.

Then a long teleconference over luncheon, with the other Reconstruction officials. This was the highlight of the working day, as far as Yeo was concerned. To talk with the most brilliant minds remaining on this poor, battered globe, about what should be done -- what _must_ be done -- to reform it. And then to do it. He stroked his Van Dyke beard, considering.

[FONT=&quot]Yes, the world will be a better place after I remake it, Yeo thought. In mine own image. Yes. He pressed the intercom buzzer. "Hullo, Marie, I believe I do require someone to take dictation after all. Send the intern back in? Thanks, love."[/FONT]

I guess Rupert is in fact THE Rupert Murdoch (Even if Lord Roem's Sequel mentions him as being the owner of TTL's NewsCorp equivalent).

Okay, people, I don't care whether or not if it was truly a cold war; the point is, what were the major international players/powers in FAT, aside from:

United States
Soviets (CPSD)
Chinese
Amsterdam Pact (followed by British + Benelux after the Pact's dissolution)
Westphalia and the German union
French Empire
Venezuela
East African Federation
Greater South Africa
Jerusalem League
Nordic Council
Canada
Australasia (Australia, parts of Oceania, a few Indonesia successor states)
Hindutva

maverick

Banned
If you mean countries with nukes...

There's also Argentina and Brazil, Portugal, Greater Germany (in the 2002 canon epilogue, stretching from the Italian Border to somewhere west of Alsace-Lorraine) Korea before being turned into a wasteland, Independent Algeria has a dozen nukes during Bokassa's downfall...