Qilai! Qilai! - A History of Modern China and The World

PRC Infographic [omake, extra content]

Asami

Banned
xGJjitK.png

:cool:

I'm pre-empting any questions: No, I'm not really making any more content for this TL. I was feeling an itch to play around with Inkscape, and wanted to do something China-related, and figured... why not make this? :D

If you're wondering: Instead of it being AFS (Alliance of Free States), I've retconned it to be UFS (Union of Free States), mostly because the former is the name for the alliance of capitalist bastards in Reds! So clearly, that won't do.

2030 - 2105: What Happens Now?

Asami

Banned
I lied! Here's me spitballing what happens in the next century or so of the TL. World becomes a better place. :)

2030 - Sixty-one years after the first man set foot on the Moon, the first attempts at human colonization of Earth's satellite begin. A joint venture between the United States, Soviet Union and People's Republic of China leads to the establishment of the scientific platform Solidarity in the Sea of Tranquility. This is the beginning of the age of scientific exploration in the stars. That same year, the first human walks on Mars.

2031 - Rhodesia, a nation that has long achieved racial harmony between it's black and white citizens, formally abolishes it's colonial name-- reverting to Zimbabwe. Many children born in Zimbabwe, primarily mixed race ones, begin to embrace African identity and nationality, abandoning their long severed ties to European colonialism.

2032 - The United States, Soviet Union and China launch the Tripartite Strategic Defense Initiative (TSDI). Nuclear weapons are rendered obsolete almost instantly by the launch of orbital satellites to interdict ICBMs. The subsequent Nuclear Armament Abolition Treaty specifies that by 2050, none of the Big Three will possess nuclear weapons anymore.

2036 - The first instance of stable nuclear fusion is achieved in a science laboratory in West Texas; this technology will soon revolutionize the world.

2051 - A revolution engulfs the European Federation. The Alliance National which has governed the nation for years, abdicates power. The new government is decidedly leftist, and begins to tear down the barriers of white supremacy within their borders. That same year, the rump Cape Republic dissolves, returning to majority rule. For the first time since the end of the South African War, South Africa is once again united, under a majority Black government.

2068 - The last oil well is turned off, as humanity has now completely moved to fusion-based power.

2073 - The human race achieves warp flight after a test flight from Socotra. While no aliens are met in this first jaunt, it unleashes the pandora's box as humanity looks beyond their meager existence in Earth and it's closest neighbors, and begin to think about the galaxy that lays beyond.

2084 - Capitalism, by this point, has ceased to exist as governments across the world take more and more responsibility for the economic well-being of their peoples. The efforts of "reformers" across the globe has succeeded, and the mighty beast of capital is tamed.

2087 - Lagos becomes the most populous city on Earth.

2099 - One hundred years after the Kargil War, the Indian subcontinent has healed from the worst of it. Pockmarks still exist, a permanent testament to the madness of men, and a permanent reminder of the horrors of weapons of mass destruction. Hindu culture flourishes to a new renaissance, and the lines between peoples once vowing hatred are mended. A permanent museum of peace exists in New Kargil, as a permanent reminder of human prosperity.

2105 - The Treaty of New Kargil is signed, formally pronouncing the formation of the Union of Earth Republics-- in a move that two centuries ago would send panic down the spines of Americans, The Internationale is song at the ceremony of it's signing, with American, Chinese and Soviet comrades joining in arms at the final achievement of global communism. The flag of United Earth is a yellow circle with a cross in the form of a meridian and equator on a solid black flag. Red was not acceptable to some, and blue to others-- the black and yellow flag takes on new meaning as humanity begins to expand across the stars at a new, tempered pace.