Qbam Geographic Maps Thread

Thanks for the coloring chart.

Also, for the roads map, how would that look exactly?
Look at my DeviantArt post, I have done the Leningrad Oblast, use that as an example what is supposed to look like what.
(Oh and cities are to be shown as the "Urban Areas" color on Drex's colorscheme, cause the density of the roads would be way to high to draw them all (Obviously)

Look at my DeviantArt post, I have done the Leningrad Oblast, use that as an example what is supposed to look like what.
(Oh and cities are to be shown as the "Urban Areas" color on Drex's colorscheme, cause the density of the roads would be way to high to draw them all (Obviously)
Yeah that was my main concern with that. Speaking of maps, are we going to start on the topographic/elevation map or should we keep focusing on the river basin map?

Yeah that was my main concern with that. Speaking of maps, are we going to start on the topographic/elevation map or should we keep focusing on the river basin map?
If you want to, you can start working on the elevation map but I think we should get the river map done to a more complete state first.
And besides we could have the elevation map also show rivers meaning A: We have to complete a certain region on the river map before we do that region on the height map, and B: Making the height map will be way easier.

So, let's get all the major basins finished. Like the Amazon, Nile, Danube, Mississippi, and Yellow Rivers. They'll pave the way for more rivers
Danube and Missisippi are the most complete so far, finish them first, and the Volga is also a pretty major river basin.

Danube.png

Finished doing the borders for the danube and some of the rivers in Austria, Bavaria, and Bulgaria

Progress since last update:
Rio grande and Mississippi basins within Texas,
Finished Nebraska
1589966009973.png

River basins of Virginia
1589966106996.png

A lot of Europe done
1589966242647.png

I have updated the image in my original DA post to have all of what I have added to it.

So let me get this straight, the basin colours represent different basins, but is there a particular colour scheme you are basing this on?

So let me get this straight, the basin colours represent different basins, but is there a particular colour scheme you are basing this on?
Yes, we are using Drex's Color Scheme.
And if there is a color on it for "[River Name] based state" use that for the river basin of it's name, otherwise use the color of a state that is in that river's river basin.

How is it being decided what rivers to display within a watershed?
We don't really have an algorithm as to what rivers to put on the map, do the main river of a basin and it's major tributaries and then fill in the the rest of the basin to have approximately the same "density" of rivers as Poland or Germany.