Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

My take at Charlemagne's Roman Empire in 814:

Imperium814.png

Any questions and suggestions will be appreciated, there's some confusion at some areas whose info is sometimes contradictory.
Examples:
- the Pannonia March (the former Avar March) is shown usually as a vassal rather than part of the Empire, although Marches are implied to be a part of it
- Papal question: is still unknow for certain if the Papal States were a part of the empire, independent, independent but subordinated, etc
- Bohemia: at the time there wasn’t any Bohemian state nor a unified bohemian tribe, it was rather a collection of relatively similar tribes, and it can be confusing to porttait
- Eastern Germany: still the slavic tribes in the area were changing and evolving and this depiction may be inaccurate, because of the overlapping areas.

Still, this is the best (I think) I can come up to.

Last edited:
My take at Charlemagne's Roman Empire in 814:

View attachment 828665

Any questions and suggestions will be appreciated, there's some confusion at some areas whose info is sometimes contradictory.
Examples:
- the Pannonia March (the former Avar March) is shown usually as a vassal rather than part of the Empire, although Marches are implied to be a part of it
- Papal question: is still unknow for certain if the Papal States were a part of the empire, independent, independent but subordinated, etc
- Bohemia: at the time there wasn’t any Bohemian state nor a unified bohemian tribe, it was rather a collection of relatively similar tribes, and it can be confusing to porttait
- Eastern Germany: still the slavic tribes in the area were changing and evolving and this depiction may be inaccurate, because of the overlapping areas.
Charlemagne never claimed to be Roman emperor - he was granted the title of emperor, but not Roman emperor. IIRC that part started with Charles the Fat.

Charlemagne never claimed to be Roman emperor - he was granted the title of emperor, but not Roman emperor. IIRC that part started with Charles the Fat.
Charlemagne was specifically crowned as Imperator Romanorum as the legitimate successor to Constantine VI, and was intended as continuing an unbroken line of Emperors from Augustus to Constantine VI, the Pope having rejected the legitimacy of the Empress Irene.

He was crowned as “Imperator Romanorum” (Roman Emperor) and he referred himself as “Romanum gubernans Imperium” (Emperor ruling the Roman Empire)

Charlemagne was specifically crowned as Imperator Romanorum as the legitimate successor to Constantine VI, and was intended as continuing an unbroken line of Emperors from Augustus to Constantine VI, the Pope having rejected the legitimacy of the Empress Irene.
No, his titles were “Emperor of the Christians” and “Emperor governing Rome”

7bYk9WX.png

Fixed some internals in China as follows:
Yingshan Xian: Hubei > Anhui (before 1933)
modern area of Jinzhai Xian: Anhui > Henan (before 1933)
Dangshan Xian, Xiao Xian: Anhui > Jiangsu (before 1955)
modern area of Xuyi Xian and Sihong Xian: Jiangsu > Anhui (before 1955)
Wuyuan Xian: Jiangxi > Anhui (before 1932)
part of modern Panzhihua: Sichuan > Yunnan (before 1941)
Tibetan border west of the Jinsha River (before 1933)
part of modern Weishan Xian: Shandong > Jiangsu (before 1949)

I also redrew the Sichuan-Qinghai and Shengjing-Jilin borders entirely since they looked a bit funny.
what is that pink state bordering the swahili state?.

as I understand it the lands of Pannonia were still governed by the last Avar khans(and later by some Slavic princes) but from what I remember there was some at least nominal oversight, I think. at any rate marches were established by the king/emperor directly so that's why they're usually considered an "integral part" of the realm (even if the local population basically still governs it self like in the Avar march or Navarre).

Also I believe in 814 the borders of the Spoleto were slightly different, specifically I think they captured Chieti from Benevento by then. also why are Austrasia and Alemannia merged? what's the tribe/principality south-west of the Croats?

image.png

September 3, 1403: Death of Gian Galeazzo Visconti

(take Mesoamerica with a grain of salt, I had a hard time figuring stuff out down there)
You do not have the same borders of the Ugra principalities on the original map and on your map.

Attachments

• Map_of_yugra.png
    Map_of_yugra.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 308
  • н.png
    н.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 217
Перепроецирование карты, которое вы сделали, не очень точно, посмотрите на положение рек по сравнению с теми, что на базовой карте.
This is what I point out in this work. I overlay the original map on @Crazy Boris's work to show they don't match.

Crazy Boris

Banned
This is what I point out in this work. I overlay the original map on @Crazy Boris's work to show they don't match.

He means the rivers on the QBAM base, not my map specifically. I actually did use that exact map as a reference when I made mine, but differences in projection make translating the data difficult, and I had to constantly fiddle with it to try and make the rivers and borders for each principality match up. It’s probably far from perfect, but it’s the best I could do with what I had.

Was there ever a plan to unite Jordan and Iraq BEFORE the Cold War's Arab Union of the Hashemites?
From wikipedia, “There were earlier efforts to united Jordan and Iraq in the name of Arab unity, but they had come to nothing. In particular, from an Iraqi perspective, tiny Jordan had little to offer economically or strategically and numerous liabilities.”

Perhaps looking at the source behind the quote will show a particular example, but at least this confirms the idea was at least thrown out there prior

Maddy-Weitzman, Bruce. "Jordan and Iraq: Efforts at Intra-Hashimite Unity." Middle Eastern Studies 26 (1990): 65-75. JSTOR. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. 9 March. 2009. Page 65.

From wikipedia, “There were earlier efforts to united Jordan and Iraq in the name of Arab unity, but they had come to nothing. In particular, from an Iraqi perspective, tiny Jordan had little to offer economically or strategically and numerous liabilities.”

Perhaps looking at the source behind the quote will show a particular example, but at least this confirms the idea was at least thrown out there prior

Maddy-Weitzman, Bruce. "Jordan and Iraq: Efforts at Intra-Hashimite Unity." Middle Eastern Studies 26 (1990): 65-75. JSTOR. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. 9 March. 2009. Page 65.
I know it was short lived, but was the Hashemite Kingdom also looking to unite Jordan with Hejaz?

PreCol.png

Saw this for the Philippines when the Spanish got there. Incase anyone needs something for the Philippines.
Screen_Shot_2023-02-01_at_6.53.20_AM_copy-3_copy_17.png

And Inca and their immediate neighbours that I found.

The maker says on the Coast of Venezuela and into Equador was the Sindaguas Confederacy. Not sure if they should be on the Northernmost coast of the map or if they should just off the map in Equador.

But you can read on them in Spanish wikipedia to be sure of borders.