Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

If its any help, I found this, posted by u/Gargari 2 years ago on reddit

Historical map of the Lake Chad basin between the start of the reign of Mai (king) Idris Alauma of Bornu around 1570 and his death ca. 1600

CE6yK96.png

I include his notes
""A little bit of background:
To my knowledge, this is by far the most detailed map that exists on this time and region. In the process, I extracted information from about 35 academic publications (I could send these if requested) and have been in contact with a few professors who specialize on this topic. I was able to include some of the locations of towns from a old map from Palmer, but apart from that, I entirely had to put the pieces together from the numerous sources.

With this map, I hope to contribute to a popularization of this fascinating era of Human history. Due to eurocentrism in historical science, this region is arguably under-researched (although great scholars like Augustin Holl work hard on changing that) and there is almost no popular awareness about this époque, although it is all but boring. There is almost no easily accessible literature for persons that aren't informed about the issue and even the Wikipedia pages on this part of history is an absolute mess.

And yeah, I'm proud like crazy about this work, the process of creating it was really intense and consumed a lot of time, but I'm quite happy with the result.""

link to page
Oh, thank you!! Because it almost exactly matches the year I'm portraying

Can anyone find me a map of Morocco would’ve looked like just before the Treaty of Fes (February), I already have the subdivsions I’m just lookin for lines of French & Spanish occupation

Can anyone find me a map of Morocco would’ve looked like just before the Treaty of Fes (February), I already have the subdivsions I’m just lookin for lines of French & Spanish occupation
France:
1656433695803.png

For Spain, I can't find a really good map, but from Omniatlas and EmperorTigerstar's video, looks like Spain occupied this area:
1656434056262.png

(Drew it myself btw)

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

Tecumseh's Confederacy at the start of the War of 1812

of course, borders in this time and place can be tricky, so if I screwed up big time, let me know

Interesting borders. What sources did you use to get that?
Indian Land Cessions.

DFBA120E-6BAB-4C7A-B818-E67D951C3AC8.png

So through painstaking effort I managed to do Ottoman Empire subdivisions including vilayets, sanjaks, and kaza boundaries. from 1913 - 1914, although these same subdivisions should work for as far back as 1899, I would just need to add the territories still held then. My source was this excellent map. The vilayet boundaries were borrowed from an earlier map and I noticed some inaccuracies which need fixing. I may go back and do that later, but for now be content with this.

6000E091-86B3-497D-8DF9-4C80E4FDFD58.png

Been making a rendition of 1914 replete with subdivisions for Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and Albania (with the two contemporary autonomous Epirote provinces) that I don’t believe have ever been done before. Although frankly my Bulgaria ones are awful and need serious revisions. The others should be fairly solid though! If they’ve been done before and better then I just wasted time doing them on my own out of ignorance. Anyways, I’m hoping to do a map of every year of the war, but I’m also infamous for never finishing maps so let’s see how 1914 goes first.

Last edited:
-snip-
So through painstaking effort I managed to do Ottoman Empire subdivisions including vilayets, sanjaks, and kaza boundaries. from 1913 - 1914, although these same subdivisions should work for as far back as 1899, I would just need to add the territories still held then. My source was this excellent map. The vilayet boundaries were borrowed from an earlier map and I noticed some inaccuracies which need fixing. I may go back and do that later, but for now be content with this.

-snip-
Been making a rendition of 1914 replete with subdivisions for Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and Albania (with the two contemporary autonomous Epirote provinces) that I don’t believe have ever been done before. Although frankly my Bulgaria ones are awful and need serious revisions. The others should be fairly solid though! If they’ve been done before and better then I just wasted time doing them on my own out of ignorance. Anyways, I’m hoping to do a map of every year of the war, but I’m also infamous for never finishing maps so let’s see how 1914 goes first.
They look pretty good, the way you did it in the second is really aesthetic as well. The only things I notice that seem off are that Chios and Samos were Greek by 1914 and the Ottomans owned a little bit more in Thrace just west of Edirne that they ceded in 1915.

View attachment 756532

View attachment 756533
Wait, we have bathymetry???

View attachment 756532

View attachment 756533
Excellent map, but minor point re: internal Russian boundaries.... In 1912, the Russians had created the Kholm Guberniya and split it of from the Privislinsky Krai/"Congress Poland", due to the large number of Ukrainians there (and to further weaken the Poles...)

Don't know why the detailed map disappeared from the Wiki article (I HATE when they do that!) But be warned, the western border of it is a real bitch to draw.....

1657554163803.png

Started making a Somalia Patch recently for around the 1890's, so far, this is what I have but I will finish this...for ya'll.

Also i've added sub divisions for the Dhulbahante - Farah Garaad, Maxamuud Garaad, and Bax Nuugal.

I'll finish the Darood clans soon...so keep an eye for that...