Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

1619731070678.png

(Nearly) All Administrative or Political Changes in Turkey from 1923 to today.
Notes:
-Yes, a lot of borders are diffrent from Q-BAM default, this is because the default ones are absolute crap.
-Some years don't have specific dates, because there's very few resources for that, and they aren't really necessary.
-I used thicc, albeit the color choices for some borders might be unorthodox.
-The problem of Mosul is shown because extra info is always good.
-There might be some problems with connectivity, but I tried to catch them all.
hope you guys enjoy!
edit: ooh almost forgot, most info came from this video.
edit2: reservoir lakes might be off because I can't find much info on those, so a few might be missing.

Last edited:

Crazy Boris

Banned
1776-1912.png

USA internals patches feat. special guests Vermont Republic, Indian Stream, CSA, and more

there may be a few small mistakes here and there (I had to go back and edit in Lost Dakota, so I may have missed other screwups I made), but should be usable as a basic reference

The Creation of the Northwest Territories and Statehood of Maine don't have seperate patches since they wouldn't have any change to the map, and Minnesota territory's creation and founding of Deseret are grouped together by accident, so remember to note the dates given.

Individual patches here:

Why does your Deseret border cross the Rio Grande instead of running west of it?
Borders of Virginia in 1776 are also wrong, by 1773 Virginia already reached the Kentucky river, I should check the others, I only know that until 1773, the borders I put on my map are more or less correct
EDIT:
virginia.png

1773, you might find it useful

Last edited:

Crazy Boris

Banned
Why does your Deseret border cross the Rio Grande instead of running west of it?

I used an old Deseret patch I had saved as a reference, I admit it may have been wrong, but it seemed to be okay when I cross-referenced it with the map on Wikipedia

I used the 1763 proclamation line as a base for the 1776 border, for wherever it doesn’t line up with the de facto situation, that’s just because I honestly had no idea any of the colonies had extended past the line. I figured any colonists west of it were just sort of going it alone rather than being part of some official expansion from their respective colony.

Also, your 1773 map is great, but I have to point out that Vermont was given to NY in 1764, I think the NH claim on it fell dormant after that.
Borders of Virginia in 1776 are also wrong, by 1773 Virginia already reached the Kentucky river, I should check the others, I only know that until 1773, the borders I put on my map are more or less correct

I used an old Deseret patch I had saved as a reference, I admit it may have been wrong, but it seemed to be okay when I cross-referenced it with the map on Wikipedia

I used the 1763 proclamation line as a base for the 1776 border, for wherever it doesn’t line up with the de facto situation, that’s just because I honestly had no idea any of the colonies had extended past the line. I figured any colonists west of it were just sort of going it alone rather than being part of some official expansion from their respective colony.

Also, your 1773 map is great, but I have to point out that Vermont was given to NY in 1764, I think the NH claim on it fell dormant after that.
I thought Vermont was more or less "divided" between New Hampshire and New York, I will have to revise it. And well, it wasn't just de facto situation, I mean, colonial governors and other British authorities signed different treaties with different tribes to modify the borders after the proclamation line and by 1773 the borders of Pennsylvania, Virginia, the Carolinas and Georgia were all modified the iure and the facto. The Treaty of Fort Stanwix (1768) and the Treaty of Hard Labour already replaced the proclamation line. Then came the Treaty of Lochaber and others which made further changes, and the Pennsylvania purchase of native lands.... my map intended to be de iure borders.

1768_Boundary_Line_Map_Treaty_of_Ft_Stanwix.jpg

Yeah. I couldn’t find any good maps so I just sort of had to guess where it would be based on what Wiki says they controlled
I found this

Chengjia was originally only a direct control of the Sichuan basin. Soon Ren GUI 任贵 took control Yuesui commandery of modern southern and Northern Sichuan, Yunnan and submitted chengjia. Gongsun Shu sent General HOU Dan 侯丹 to take Hanzhong in the North and Ren man 任滿 in Csango modern Chongqing to the East, and took control of the entire province Yi of the Han dynasty. Other rebel forces were defeated by Emperor guangwu most importantly, Yang CEN 延岑 and Tian Rong 田戎 also presented chengjia hotel.

The warlord Wei AO or Xiao Wei, which controlled the Eastern Gansu and was under constant pressure from the Eastern Han dynasty, represented in chengjia
Then again, this really isn't a map.

Last edited:
April 3*, 33 AD: Crucifixion of Jesus

*Going by Isaac Newton's estimate for the date
The resevoirs in Russia and Ukraine shouldn't be on this map, since they wouldn't exist until the 1940s or 1950s.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Chinese and Vietnamese coastlines were also a bit different 2000 years ago.

@Crazy Boris Do you think you'll make a map set during the middle of World War II? I know there's at least a few other creators who have 1942 maps dating around the start of the Battle of Stalingrad.

Crazy Boris

Banned
@Crazy Boris Do you think you'll make a map set during the middle of World War II? I know there's at least a few other creators who have 1942 maps dating around the start of the Battle of Stalingrad.
I have an unfinished map for September 1, 1942 (approximate height of Axis power), I'll hopefully get it done eventually, but it may be a while