Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

You mean the Bezirk district? It was never formally incorporated into the Reich so I think tungster may be okay on that one

Bialystok district/Bezirk Bialystok ("Bezirk" means district). And yes, like Alsace-Lorraine it wasn't formally annexed but was attached to a neighbouring Gau.

Here is the arctic projection brought from the 8K-BAM. I had a lot of doubts with the ice and decided not to put it. The Greenland ice sheet can be extracted from the topographic map but the sea ice layer is too unstable to map it. I thought that several maps of the historical ice extent could be made but it seems that there are only official records since 1975.

View attachment 620507View attachment 620508
How did you manage to accomplish this with the bathymetry on the second map ?

And do you think you could do the same for the entire q-bam world map ?

It is a reprojection of the 8K-Bam on Gprojector. I guess that could do the same, the 8K-Bam is quite accurate, and with the Robinson projection I don't know if it could fit on the Qbam which is somewhat inaccurate. I might try in the next few days to see how it looks.

It is a reprojection of the 8K-Bam on Gprojector. I guess that could do the same, the 8K-Bam is quite accurate, and with the Robinson projection I don't know if it could fit on the Qbam which is somewhat inaccurate. I might try in the next few days to see how it looks.
I will pray for your success then :)

unknown.png

June 28, 1914: Franz Ferdinand has a very, very bad day.
It's one of the greatest 1914 map I've seen, although Western Africa seems to be the "de iure" situation more than the "de facto" one (as Morocco, Rif Republic, Senussi, etc, should be marked/corrected. Good work anyway.

Aside from the fact that the map is of 1925, aka the Republican era, not the Qing; the map itself looks wrong. I'm very reluctant to trust Chinese maps, as most of these (including the one you're referencing) come from a Chinese forum (Chinese forums fyi circlejerk China a lot). Regardless, when comparing this singular map to other sources, I just fail to pin this as a golden apple find because it contradicts every other map. Sechen Khan Aimak never goes that far south.
1613171626993.png
1613171639623.png
1613171652835.png
1613171665443.png
1613171678913.png
1613171699482.png
1613172452414.png

So why is it like this?
1613171804657.png

If this map got the very basic first level divisions wrong, what else is?

Last edited:
so basically, what im hearing here, is that we need some members who can read mandarin, and who are willing to trawl through chinese internet and books to find good sources on historical chinese political geography. can we get a oof in chat please?

so basically, what im hearing here, is that we need some members who can read mandarin, and who are willing to trawl through chinese internet and books to find good sources on historical chinese political geography. can we get a oof in chat please?
Seeing that most historical Chinese maps are poorly drawn and are pretty much unusable as a reference for borders and more contemporary maps tend to exaggerate Chinese territorial integrity and Han control, I'd say it's a pretty pointless endeavor.

Aside from the fact that the map is of 1925, aka the Republican era, not the Qing
I really doubt the republicans would have found time to change these borders.
Seeing that most historical Chinese maps are poorly drawn and are pretty much unusable as a reference for borders and more contemporary maps tend to exaggerate Chinese territorial integrity and Han control, I'd say it's a pretty pointless endeavor.
I don't know how they showcase their territorial control on a map? especially when the monarchy is shown in a negative light in the PRC and the ROC, I used it because it had the most detail.

Last edited:
View attachment 612409
A little rough, but was just working on Japanese possessions in China just prior to the outbreak of the Second Sino-Japanese War. This includes the East Hebei Autonomous Anti-Communist Government, the Mongol Military Government, and the dependent states of South Chahar and North Shanxi. Managed to get some subdivisions down for Manchukuo and the Mongol Military Government - the Manchukuo one is certainly better in projection, the Mongol one is a bit rough but it should serve unless someone wants to update it. I used subdivisions in Japan and Korea from @Sharklord1's 1942 map, and largely used his Taiwan divisions after drawing my own from scratch and then, being unhappy with it, decided to combine the two versions. Don't mind the rest of it though, it's just modern QBAM.
excuse me for bothering, could you tell me what colour scheme is this? or if it is a personal one created by you?

Last edited:
excuse me, could you tell me what

excuse me for bothering, could you tell me what colour scheme is this? or if it is a personal one created by you?
It’s largely just a personal choice of colors, not really any coherent scheme, although for the first map you quoted I borrowed a bit from the KAPHYD-KOS color scheme!

It’s largely just a personal choice of colors, not really any coherent scheme, although for the first map you quoted I borrowed a bit from the KAPHYD-KOS color scheme!
thanks for the link for KAPHYD-KOS! i also conserted the formatting, i didn't see it when i was posting.
your color scheme is very good, have you ever considered posting it when you finish the map?

thanks for the link for KAPHYD-KOS! i also conserted the formatting, i didn't see it when i was posting.
your color scheme is very good, have you ever considered posting it when you finish the map?
Thanks!! The thought has crossed my mind, perhaps I’ll try and come up with a comprehensive scheme when I get some free time!