Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Centralamerica-1.PNG

Finished with my Central America Patch.

The Mosquito Coast was independent? That is interesting, also what are those two countries in Belize?
It was a protectorate of Britain from 1638-1787, occupied by Spain from then until 1800, and given back to Britain until it was annexed by Nicaragua in 1860. Belgium held a colony in Santo Tomas, Guatemala between 1843 and 1854, and northern Belize is the British Honduras.

It was a protectorate of Britain from 1638-1787, occupied by Spain from then until 1800, and given back to Britain until it was annexed by Nicaragua in 1860. Belgium held a colony in Santo Tomas, Guatemala between 1843 and 1854, and northern Belize is the British Honduras.
If it was British in 1848, why is it not shown as British? If you want to leave it as a protectorate, at least make it a lighter color than Britain or make an outline.

I decided to experiment with having color gradients for regions which used to have the same color for every country. I want to make each country have a unique color, how do you like it?
1610664765406.png

sykespicot.png

sykes-picot agreement, because I couldn't find one for the qbam elsewhere. only affected territories are shown, things become inaccurate towards the al-hasa due to a lack of source material on my part

I don't know if someone has done 2020, so here it is:
FjbHQA1.png

Some of the war-torn countries might have mistakes, so feel free to correct anything wrong you see.
Anyone has a QBAM of the current territorial claims in Antarctica?
Antarctica_territorial_claims.png
Would be even better if there was a QBAM of all historical claims on it.
All_Antarctic_Claims_past_and_present.PNG

Anyone has a QBAM of the current territorial claims in Antarctica?
Antarctica_territorial_claims.png
Would be even better if there was a QBAM of all historical claims on it.
All_Antarctic_Claims_past_and_present.PNG
There's also the Ecuadorian claim, "over an area bounded by 84°30' W and 95°30' W", which was declared in 1967, and ratified in 1987.

Does anyone have any sources for the South African claim on Antarctica as shown on the map posted by @athgtq16129 ?

I'm trying to put together a comprehensive QBAM of those Antarctic claims for them but can't find anything on it, I've mapped all others though:
antarctic_claims.png

Does anyone have any sources for the South African claim on Antarctica as shown on the map posted by @athgtq16129 ?
I've found somewhat of a source for these now, stating a proposed (proposed do some significant legwork there) South African claim stretched from 20W to 45E as on tis map:
capsaa.PNG

I'll map it on QBAM when I can

I'm working on a polar vision of the antarctica, but i don't know which are the right dimensions to fit in the QBam. Does anyone suggest any numerical data to me?

I'll map it on QBAM when I can
antarctic_claims.png

And here's the patch for the supposed proposed South African claims
I'm working on a polar vision of the antarctica, but i don't know which are the right dimensions to fit in the QBam. Does anyone suggest any numerical data to me?
Don't know if this helps but the QBAM is a Robinson projection so I'm sure you could just create an antarctic projection using the formula it does?
It's explained on the Wikipedia page for it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_projection#Formulation

Crazy Boris

Banned
View attachment 617728
And here's the patch for the supposed proposed South African claims

Don't know if this helps but the QBAM is a Robinson projection so I'm sure you could just create an antarctic projection using the formula it does?
It's explained on the Wikipedia page for it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_projection#Formulation

I like how Australia, NZ, and France all agree on their claim borders, but then everyone else's claims overlap to the point where we have 3 countries disputing chunks of Big Icy

Crazy Boris

Banned
Also, any idea why Australia has two separate Antarctic claims. I know it's OTL, but why?
Some quick research tells me that the French claim was made in 1840 and Australia’s claim is inherited from a British claim from 1841, so my guess is the British just made their 1841 claim around the French one and didn’t dispute it.

Some quick research tells me that the French claim was made in 1840 and Australia’s claim is inherited from a British claim from 1841, so my guess is the British just made their 1841 claim around the French one and didn’t dispute it.

And France and Britain in later years had a policy of quid pro quo when it came to colonial disputes; e.g. French support of the British claim over the Falklands in exchange for British support in Mali

Thank you very much! Here is the projection of Antarctica around the 60º parallel with QBam sizes if my calculations do not fail. I have also uploaded it to the QBam improvement and core thread.
Antarctica QBam.png