Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

You misunderstand the map, Ferrara was a part of the Donation of Pepin, making it de jure a subject of the Papacy, but as you said the e'Este ruled it with virtual independence, though they were in reality under Venetian and Milanese influence. As I said, everything in the map on the right not in yellow was de jure subject to the Pope, but not de facto.

Here's the holdings of the Apulian branch of the Orsini family in 1459 (the Princes of Taranto), its the closest I have to one of 1453.
View attachment 614740
(From I domini del principe di Taranto in età orsiniana (1399-1463). Geografie e linguaggi politici alla fine del Medioevo by Francesco Somaini)

There were many other large fiefdoms in the Kingdom of Naples at the time though.

Venice 1454-1455 (ignore the lighter shaded portions, except with reference to borders of the polities, they are "it merely shows the Venetian "sphere of influence" as seen by Venice)
img-1.JPG

Milan 1454-1455 (same principle for the lighter shades as above)
img-2.JPG

Also Castiglione della Pescaia was part of the Crown of Aragon.

Apologies for the map spam everyone.

Thanks for the Taranto borders :) I don't think there is anything to change in Central Italy tbh, I have my own good sources for the Papal States like that, here's a page on the March of Ancona https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marca_di_Ancona, and a bunch of other corroborating sources. The Taranto borders are helpful though, thanks.

You misunderstand the map, Ferrara was a part of the Donation of Pepin, making it de jure a subject of the Papacy, but as you said the e'Este ruled it with virtual independence, though they were in reality under Venetian and Milanese influence. As I said, everything in the map on the right not in yellow was de jure subject to the Pope, but not de facto.

Here's the holdings of the Apulian branch of the Orsini family in 1459 (the Princes of Taranto), its the closest I have to one of 1453.
View attachment 614740
(From I domini del principe di Taranto in età orsiniana (1399-1463). Geografie e linguaggi politici alla fine del Medioevo by Francesco Somaini)

There were many other large fiefdoms in the Kingdom of Naples at the time though.

Venice 1454-1455 (ignore the lighter shaded portions, except with reference to borders of the polities, they are "it merely shows the Venetian "sphere of influence" as seen by Venice)
img-1.JPG

Milan 1454-1455 (same principle for the lighter shades as above)
img-2.JPG

Also Castiglione della Pescaia was part of the Crown of Aragon.

Apologies for the map spam everyone.

Oh, and, Aragon/Spain acquired Castiglione later, not by 1453. Castiglione was independent in 1453.

WIP of the Ottoman sanjaks of 1453, this info is very hard to come across, so this may take some time :) The darker areas are recently conquered areas with no established sanjak yet as far as I am aware.
1610136824469.png

So much research went into this, this was definitely the most complicated part of the 1453 map so far, I present, Ottomans-in-Europe, 1453, with all of their sanjaks. Darker green is recently conquered territories that do not have a sanjak assigned to them yet.
1610188038637.png

Attempt on 1453's Moldavia, Poland and the Crown of Bohemia.
I'm sure it has mistake or is slightly simplified, but here you have.
1610314540461.png