Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

~1890 Khedivate of Egypt with some mudiriyah subdivisions drawn out.

Some things to note:

Egypt 1890.png

Any help would be great.

WA1887_1917.png

Completely useless, but I needed something to do: cadastral divisions of Western Australia from 1887-1917
These divisions don't have much purpose OTL anyways so I have no idea if they'll ever be put to use

I wanted to ask: Is there a patch from the Ottoman Empire in the 17th century made in Q-BAm format?

Edit: I found the 1648 world map in the thread on page 51. If it's of interest to some who didn't see it as I did.

Last edited:
The map you linked was created in 1892, and the Arabic Wikipedia article is accurate to what you said. So I would attempt to geo-reference them onto the Q-BAM map.
You sure? The listed directorates are: Dongola, Berber, Khartoum, Sennar, Kordofan, Vazogli, and later Taka.
The DR map listed has: Dongola, Berber, Souakin, Massoua, Kassala, Khartoum (listed with Sennar?), Kordofan, Bahr-El-Abiad, Darfour, Bahr-El-Ghazal, and Bays Somali
As you can see with the ones I bolded out, there is a lot of discrepancies between these two sources. And the arabic wikipedia article never references any major redraw of the directorates other than Ismail Pasha II expanded down the Nile.

Where is that ultra-detailed map of the pre-WW1 world (it was either 1900 or 1914) which included flags, and ongoing wars? I forgot who made it.

Spain's internals are off, the current model of autonomies dates to 1983. Back in 1918 Spain's first level of subdivision was the provinces, followed by the municipalities (which would be too small to fit in, what is seen in the map are comarcas [shires], which weren't created until much later). Only the Basque Country, Navarre and Catalonia (the Commonwealth there lasted from 1914 to 1925) had some degree of autonomy or power above the province level.

Spain's internals are off, the current model of autonomies dates to 1983. Back in 1918 Spain's first level of subdivision was the provinces, followed by the municipalities (which would be too small to fit in, what is seen in the map are comarcas [shires], which weren't created until much later). Only the Basque Country, Navarre and Catalonia (the Commonwealth there lasted from 1914 to 1925) had some degree of autonomy or power above the province level.
Thank you - Portugal and Spain I had simply ripped off of a more modern QBAM in the interest of filling space but I had planned to go back and re-examine the subdivisions for accuracy! France and Belarus in particular are two others I planned on revising, but Germany (second level subdivisions) and the territories of the Ober-Ost (minus Ukraine) I did myself.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Thank you - Portugal and Spain I had simply ripped off of a more modern QBAM in the interest of filling space but I had planned to go back and re-examine the subdivisions for accuracy! France and Belarus in particular are two others I planned on revising, but Germany (second level subdivisions) and the territories of the Ober-Ost (minus Ukraine) I did myself.
The UK needs a similar edit, consituent countries didn’t become the first level divisions until 1999, before then it was the counties.