Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

-I don't think the Cook Islands were ever under Tongan rule
-Georgia should be bigger, extending east more
-Kilwa goes too far inland and should be more restricted to the coast
-Norse Greenland (as far as I know) was a colony of Iceland rather than an independent entity
-Rapa Nui should just be the one island and not that one further east

That's pretty much it, everything else is perfect as far as I can tell
1. Alright
2. The Khwarazmian Sultan captured Tbilisi in 1226
3. I thought Kilwa was pretty coast-restricted when I made it but if you think it extends too far inland I'll fix that
4. I couldn't find any evidence for Greenland being part of the Icelandic Commonwealth and in any case I'm pretty sure they were de facto independent
5. Alright

Crazy Boris

Banned
1. Alright
2. The Khwarazmian Sultan captured Tbilisi in 1226
3. I thought Kilwa was pretty coast-restricted when I made it but if you think it extends too far inland I'll fix that
4. I couldn't find any evidence for Greenland being part of the Icelandic Commonwealth and in any case I'm pretty sure they were de facto independent
5. Alright

I think the Khwarezmians only sacked eastern Georgia, not fully conquering it. As for Greenland, worldstatesmen lists it as a dependency of Iceland, it's possible they could be wrong, but I don't know.

I think the Khwarezmians only sacked eastern Georgia, not fully conquering it. As for Greenland, worldstatesmen lists it as a dependency of Iceland, it's possible they could be wrong, but I don't know.
This wikipedia page seems to suggest that the Khawarzmians controlled Tbilisi until it was retaken by the Georgians in February 1227, which would make it correct for my map to show it as controlled by the Khwarazmians.

Rusudan of Georgia

Alright, although I doubt Iceland had any actual de facto influence over Iceland, and they don't share a border so my usual method of indicating that two polities are technically part of the same country with a dark grey line instead of a black one doesn't work. It's a matter of personal preference I suppose.

I remember reading somewhere that blue was a color used by many steppe nomads in a pseudo-heraldric manner, so it isn't as innapropriate as one might think.
And perhaps instead of thinking "Smurfs", think "Ultramarines", which have never, ever been considered big blue Smurfs by anyone - certainly not by any adepts of the Blood Angels.
Had to look up the reference, not a fan of Warhammer. I still remember when Orcs were cannon fodder and everything was on a tabletop with a DM in charge.
Just realized how much that ages me, I'm not really Methusala

Hi guys! Do you have a Q-BAM map of the Medieval Pacific ocean?
when exactly do you need? or do you need a range from x to y year? and do you mean the pacific islands or every coast that borders on the pacific ocean? also do you want the political situation or just the landform?

Last edited:
Is there any Q-BAM without all the changes to water bodies by modern

And are there Patches for the shapes of the Persian Gulf at different time Periods

• Do you need a range from x to y year?
  • Do you mean the pacific islands or every coast to borders on the pacific ocean?
  • also do you want the political situation or just the landform?
Thanks for these clarifying questions!!! :)
  • Yes: 1000, 1100, 1200 AD
  • The pacific islands
  • The Political Situation would be great

unknown.png

Alright, new version, I've (hopefully) fixed the French and Qing internals, and I added Ndwandwe and Rotuma, which I forgot before.
I'll try and get a labelled version done soon
Hi their Boris, I was wondering, how were you able to figure out the Pacific Kingdoms and Empires?
I was wondering if you guys do 'Pacific' orientated Maps.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Hi their Boris, I was wondering, how were you able to figure out the Pacific Kingdoms and Empires?
I was wondering if you guys do 'Pacific' orientated Maps.

I did most of my research via Worldstatesmen

Oh? I suggest reading this on the Expansion of the Tu'i Tongan Empire

Edit: it opened my eyes to the vast swaves of ocean the Tongans controlled and Tributaries.

Thanks for that, I'll have to take a look at it