Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

My go at 1066

{IMAGE}
I have been working on a map for 1066. I actually managed to finish the Americas, Africa, and a vast majority of Asia and Europe but then my computer blue screened and I lost it, as well as other wips including 632, 1556, 1300, and 1400. I managed to recreate the 632 map but as for the other ones, I've only begun 1556 and 1066 and I've barely scratched the surface with them and I don't really know if i want to do all these maps at a time, especially since all of them involve the HRE. So, I'm posting my progress on 1066 if anyone wants to continue it while I work on 1556, just to get the maps out possibly quicker.

If you are going to, don't forget about these patches that are directly for 1066 or around that time.
@Tomislav Addai was looking for a good sixteenth century map to do. Maybe you can collaborate on 1556.

Here's what I was making that Raj for, a world map for August 31 1939, the day before WWII starts.
The internal boundaries of the United Kingdom are wrong you're using the the ones that came into force in 1974 from the Local Government Act 1972. You need the Historic Counties from before that. If you care at all.

Crazy Boris

Banned
The internal boundaries of the United Kingdom are wrong you're using the the ones that came into force in 1974 from the Local Government Act 1972. You need the Historic Counties from before that. If you care at all.

I copied them from another map that was supposed to be around 1900 ish
If you have any patches that would be more accurate, let me know

Crazy Boris

Banned
Western Sahara.png

Howdily Doodily folks, I got some Western Sahara patches for y'all

1: Before November 14 1975: Spanish Sahara
2: Nov. 14 1973 to Feb. 27 1976: Spain relinquishes the Sahara, and Morocco and Mauritania lay claim to the newly terra-nullis'd land
3: Feb. 27 1976 to some point in 1978: The region declares independence as the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Morocco and Mauritania still claim the territory
4: Some point in 1978 to June of 1982: Mauritania drops it's claim after Mokhtar Ould Dadah is overthrown, Morocco then adjusts its claim to the whole of SADR territory
5: June of 1982 to January of 1984: Morocco begins taking over the region with it's berms and walls, capturing an area called the "useful triangle"
6: January 1984 to May 1984: Second round of Moroccan gains
7: May 1984 to January 1985: Moroccan gains: round three
8: January 1985 to September 1985: Morocco gains yet more land
9: September 1985 to April 1987: Yet another chunk to Morocco
10: April 1987 to present: We get the current de facto border between Morocco and SADR with the last Moroccan wall project

I was wondering if I could make a request. Or rather two requests. For two maps.
For starters, I would pretty much like to see a map of the world on the eve of the Second Punic War, and if possible, a map which shows the Roman Empire between the years of 268 and 275 a.D., when the Empire was divided into three polities, the Roman Empire proper, the Gallic Empire, and the Palmyrene Empire. That's not too much is it?

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

January 16 1990: Nakhchivan becomes the first region of the USSR to declare independence

EDIT: I bungled up bad and put Palau as independent 4 years too early. It's fixed now.

Last edited: