Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

1638316590728.png

Spanish Americas patch for 1808! this took quite a long time to make lmao. Thanks to the HGIS de las Indias resource.
Greenish-yellow zones represent areas within the Spanish Administration system that nevertheless are not effectively controlled by colonial authorities and still host independent native peoples. Basically, de jure controlled orange, de facto uncontrolled green.
Areas in the border with Brazil outlined separately are regions claimed by the Spanish in Portuguese-Controlled land.
Other nations remain unchanged and taken from the 1812 map.
1638316664185.png

Key:
New Spain:
Pale Pink: Guadalajara​
Green: Mexico​
Blue: Guatemala​
Purple: Puerto Principe​
New Granada:
Yellow: Santa Fe​
Dark Brown: Caracas​
Light Green: Quito​
Peru:
Violet: Lima​
Brown: Cuzco​
Pale Green: Santiago​
Rio de la Plata:
Red: Charcas​
Light Blue: Buenos Aires​

n
It's a mix of DCS and THICC, and I didn't completely follow the chosen colors for each.
Want me to make you a mini-color scheme for it?
no, its ok. ive been drafting a qbam edition of my 1429 map, and figured itd be easier than converting it all to thicc. oh yh, the circuits/provinces of modern china dont fit ming china. i know they werent one to one anyway, i might have to ask kolchak for some advice on that. so far ive adjusted your nurgan rmc and added korea + japan (with internals on both) right now im trying to suss out what vietnam’s northwestern border would be, and if all of those soutwest ming vassals were vassalized at that specific time. what source map did you use for karadel? the one i found doesnt have the yellow ooiughurs incorporated

n

no, its ok. ive been drafting a qbam edition of my 1429 map, and figured itd be easier than converting it all to thicc. oh yh, the circuits/provinces of modern china dont fit ming china. i know they werent one to one anyway, i might have to ask kolchak for some advice on that. so far ive adjusted your nurgan rmc and added korea + japan (with internals on both) right now im trying to suss out what vietnam’s northwestern border would be, and if all of those soutwest ming vassals were vassalized at that specific time. what source map did you use for karadel? the one i found doesnt have the yellow ooiughurs incorporated
Ming_Turpan_conflict.png

I based kara del largely off if this map, with a small difference in Eastern Qinghai
Can't wait to see your 1429 map! I'm actually working on 1402 myself!

Are there any other qbam projections of the roman Dioceses besides what's been used here on the server this year? Any older or hidden gem maps?

so, i was looking at the shires of scotland wikipedia page, and it said that caitness, sutherland and ross were carved off of iverness at such and such date. i figured to myself, i can do that, ill just erase the borders so its one big iverness, easy. one or two edits later i have a scotland that is fully shired, but with the older versions. “hey, that wasnt that hard! i should use this wikipedia list to make a scotland shire evolution patch for everyone”. but even a little digging and its all a mess of conflicting systems of authority, with piss poor geographic documentation. and now i dont even know if the edits i made would be right because there was an earldom of ross, and of caitness and so on. and when i checked euratlas to get a flattened version to use as reference, the borders were different again from the shires, lordships, provinces and mormaers on wikipedia. so ive just given up.

what i wanted to do, was to colour it like japan on my wip, where the centralised parts are main colour with second level subdivisions for the official system of appointed dudes under crown control, where as the more idependent minded hereditary feudal lordships (the ones big enough to be comparable to the regular system) would be coloured with the autonomy colour and the first level subdivision border.

jKgblrz.png

it needs like a lord of the isles or something coloured in since the powerbase wasnt broken by the crown yet. but then that calls into question how to do cait and so on, and if there are feudatories that should be shown that i just dont even know about. (is cait a vassal of the sheriff of iverness? or is the sheriff's jurisdiction limited to certain duties and the main power would be the lord of cait?)