Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Governments in exile.png

Here's a thing I did, showing current governments-in-exile around the world. Not entirely sure if it belongs here but oh well.

africa.png

Native states (mostly kingdoms or tribal confederations) of the northern great lakes region during the second half of the 19th century.
Source: Émile Mworoha, Monarchies, plantes et rituels agraires dans l’Afrique des Grands Lacs est-africains (XVe–XIXe siècle) (Access online version)

Note:
The Buhaya states are depicted very simplified, both on the base map and this patch, mostly due to the small scale of many of the states and the very fluent political order at the time. Further information on this region here.
Several small Rwandan Kingdoms on the western shore of lake Kivu and the island of Idjiwi are also not shown due to scale.

1585993849739.png

Follow-up to my last post. This time in the early 18th Century before the Rwandan and Bugandan conquests. Keep in mind that these borders were very fluid at the time, especially in the Lake Tanganyika and Buhaya area and not a lot of exact information is recorded. There is also very little information about the states in the Kivu region I could find so take this with a grain of salt.

Source:
Émile Mworoha, Monarchies, plantes et rituels agraires dans l’Afrique des Grands Lacs est-africains (XVe–XIXe siècle) (Access online version)
Bob Kabamba Kazadi, Interregionalite des pays des grands lacs africains (Access online version)

Those are the Sultanates of Rafai and Zemio, vassals of the Congo Free State
Interesting. I did not know that local monarchies there had been Congolese client states. Wikipedia has very little bout those states, do you have any good material on them, or happen to know what ethnic groups ruled Rafai and Zemio?

Crazy Boris

Banned
Interesting. I did not know that local monarchies there had been Congolese client states. Wikipedia has very little bout those states, do you have any good material on them, or happen to know what ethnic groups ruled Rafai and Zemio?

These are the only places I've been able to find any info on them

Looks like both were Zande.

otl_1900_remastered.png

after being told a bunch of time this image is too big (for some reason, it's only slightly over 500kb?) i've managed to upload my otl 1900 map here.
Amazing work! However:
Yunnan-Sichuan border is incorrect
Hunan and Jiangxi should be seperate
Shandong-Zhili border is in incorrect
Anhui-Jiangsu border is incorrect
Anhui-Jiangxi border is incorrect
Xinjiang should be a province
Qinghai should be a non-province administrative division
Tibet shouldn't de facto or de jure own Chamdo

tl; dr, the internal boundaries should look like this (ignore the external boundaries, they're the maximum of Qing claims and don't reflect the de facto situation)

1586657122299.png

Amazing work! However:
Yunnan-Sichuan border is incorrect
Hunan and Jiangxi should be seperate
Shandong-Zhili border is in incorrect
Anhui-Jiangsu border is incorrect
Anhui-Jiangxi border is incorrect
Xinjiang should be a province
Qinghai should be a non-province administrative division
Tibet shouldn't de facto or de jure own Chamdo

tl; dr, the internal boundaries should look like this (ignore the external boundaries, they're the maximum of Qing claims and don't reflect the de facto situation)

View attachment 538233

thanks for the input! i'll be doing my best to add in the subdivisions properly

I've noticed that in the QBAM maps the USSR didn't have tit's subdivisions diferentiated, so I've made the patch myself, showing all the first level and autonomous subdivisions of the USSR and it's territorial waters in the 80's, only missing the raions directly subordinated to the SSRs (I tried to add them but most republics modified it's borders after independence and I don't have the skill nor the patience to draw them by hand; maybe I'll add them later).
Also I tried to draw the coastline of the Aral Sea in the 80's, but I'm not sure if it's accurate.
OTL USSR Subdivisions.png

If you find any errors in the map please say it to me.

EDIT: The JAO appeared subordinated to the Amur Oblast instead to the Khabarovsk Krai. Now it's fixed.
EDIT 2: Other fixes implemented.

Last edited: