Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by JG Online, Dec 9, 2016.

1. felixs Active Member

Chris S, Miner and Bennett like this.
  2. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

Bingo, I was using omniatlas. It confused me a bit too tbh. I figure that maybe the Tibetans had a looser grip on Ngari than they did on the more "core" areas closer to Lhasa, so maybe the PLA was able to sweep in and take that before the invasion of the rest of the country began.

Chris S and felixs like this.
  3. damein fisher This bad boy can fit so many maps in it

Wait, did Algeria really have a pacific coast? I have never heard of this.

4. felixs Active Member

This book has the definite explanation about Confins Algero-Marocain. As far as i can understand it was composite territory including parts of Morocco Algeria and Mauratenia. We discovered something complicated today, i have to read it tomorrow.

https://books.google.com.tr/books?id=IO69HppDTDgC&pg=PA9&lpg=PA9&dq=reorganisation+of+the+confins+algero-marocains&source=bl&ots=ktj7JrD5UY&sig=ACfU3U0B-J3cd9OJNelUkxSTpGWQdWBNtw&hl=tr&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwivmbG6msHgAhUqtosKHdZ3CCAQ6AEwAHoECAYQAQ#v=onepage&q=reorganisation of the confins algero-marocains&f=false

Chris S, Thon Taddeo and Miner like this.
  5. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

We still only have a tertiary source for that. So I'm not sure if we should put it on there. Show it as occupied, too, not annexed.

6. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

Was Tibet not officially annexed until the 17 point agreement?

EDIT: I just realized the way I worded that was kind of weird so I'll clarify. I put the PRC-controlled part of Tibet with the regular PRC color instead of the occupied color, since I figured that because the PRC claimed Tibet in its entirety, occupying Tibetan territory was effectively annexing it.

also the rest is done now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  7. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

That's not quite true though, since Chamdo was occupied by the PRC, yet the PRC recognised that it remained part of "Tibet" even though at the time I believe Xikang was still a province that ostensibly included the Chamdo region. It's complicated.

Basically, the PRC regarded the Tibetan government as an autonomous region that resisted central authority, so invading its territory was not annexing it to the existing PRC, since the PRC regarded it as part of the "autonomous region" but temporarily controlled by the military.

8. Drex Alférez de caballería

The domains of the regent of Algiers extended far beyond Africa.

9. felixs Active Member

But not to Pacific :)

10. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

[​IMG]
    Spanish colonies in the Americas in 1790, including claims and the Miskito Coast.

11. Chris S Member

Didn't spain also claim Roraima?

12. Drex Alférez de caballería

Only between 1771 and 1773.

Chris S likes this.
  13. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

[​IMG]
    Aaaaand now I'm expanding that into a full world map.

14. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of, should we show lines of actual control?

15. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

[​IMG]
    this is much harder to make than the 1950 one :p

16. Christory Well-Known Member

Using THICC?

17. Drex Alférez de caballería

@Crazy Boris The colours of Spain and Russia really look similar, you may want to change that

18. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

Hmmm. Will you be wanting to put in Guantanamo Bay. I am wondering what level of lease I take is at an if it would be similar to the he ports in China. Ahhh, and I feel you should put some colors down on the Channel Islands. And did the Republic of Ireland actually claim the North? And what about that bit of Georgia north of Abdkazia here? Was that before a border change? And you will want to extend the claims of Weat Germany in East Germany to the Oder Neisse line or further, as they never gave up the claim until later. What is the light blue in Japan for? Representing American occupation? If so, is that color set? I feel as though it might be too light, considering the man you Islands it would be used for. And had the areas of Baden-Wurtenburg not yet been reunified at this point in time? And is that island in northeastern Greenland white because of ice or because it was overlooked?

Altogether a lovely map, and I just give this pixel nitpicking constructively/out of curiosity.

19. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

I've never really known how to show Guantanamo tbh, since it's kind of a weird grey area between an American territory and Cuban territory that just so happens to have American presence, but I think it's closer to the latter so I usually show it as Cuban. The bit of Georgia north of Abkhazia was on a reference map someone posted earlier. Good call with the Oder-Neisse line, I totally forgot that. The light colrs in Japan are for occupation, and I don't want to change it, since that would require altering all USA colors. Baden-Wurttemburg hadn't been unified yet, and the island in Greenland is just because I missed it.

Here's a new map with some fixes.
    1950.png

Viralworld and Zurirach Adankar like this.
  20. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

@Crazy Boris i wouldn’t blame you for looking over this, but shouldn’t Australian New Guinea be two separate territories?