Q-Bam Borderpool Improvement and Core Thread

An improved borderpool featuring Maribor/Marburg, and the western border of the Julian March.
Italyrol-Sudosterreich.png

Italy
You may need to add Ferrara to the pool: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Ferrara
Italyrol-Sudosterreich.png

First draft of a complete Italy borderpool:
Green: Ferrara
Orange: Western half of the Duchy of Milan
Brown: Montferrat and Asti
Purple: Savoy, with Arpitan-speaking portions split off
Dark Green: Occitan Valleys
Additional borders in North Tyrol: Language border between Allemanic and Bavarian German
Additional enclave border in Liguria: Seborga

Italia.png

Istria up until the dissolution of the German Confederation, early papacy borders, byzantine borders, Piedmont color, the little duchies and Italian states between Tuscany and the Sardinia Piedmont, and a few border edits and fixes.

So right now I'm working at really defining alternate borders of the US. I'm stuck around the Colorado River and California as a whole. To do what I'm trying, I would need the ridges, rivers, and even older counties to be accurately mapped. However, most sources I have found are not even close to the projections we use on AH - and this BAM specifically. I'm not stating this for anybody to do it for me, but rather to ask for advice on how to accurately do it on my own. The Colorado on these maps looks so wrong but as far as I know it isn't. Which throws off how I think borders would look on a base map like this.

And that make me think translating a map like this would be an absolute nightmare even though it seems close enough. Where would I even begin?

So right now I'm working at really defining alternate borders of the US. I'm stuck around the Colorado River and California as a whole. To do what I'm trying, I would need the ridges, rivers, and even older counties to be accurately mapped. However, most sources I have found are not even close to the projections we use on AH - and this BAM specifically. I'm not stating this for anybody to do it for me, but rather to ask for advice on how to accurately do it on my own. The Colorado on these maps looks so wrong but as far as I know it isn't. Which throws off how I think borders would look on a base map like this.

And that make me think translating a map like this would be an absolute nightmare even though it seems close enough. Where would I even begin?
I did not make this map, but it is a Q-Bam and may aid your efforts.....
americanwatersheds.png

Not bad, but you should include Teschen Silesia, Suwalki, the border between West and East Pomerania, and the ethnic border in Posen and West Prussia.
I've had a thought about this, and maybe we should ignore ethnic borders for now. Maybe save it for another map.

Danubian.png
Kansas & Louisiana .png

Decided to add some updates to the borderpool. One thing about the map is that I edited the Danube river in Germany a bit, as I noticed it wasn't aligning with the updated provinces it ran through in the updated qbam.