Q-Bam Borderpool Improvement and Core Thread

Caucasus Patch.png

Caucasus Divide in Georgia and Azerbaijan (though with uncertainty in the latter), as well as a possible Eurasian border based on the Kura River (Line H in this map)

nope. we’re not done. there’s still gonna be patches and more patches.
unless @Drex you think we’re done here.
Well theorically we've covered the entire of world excepting the Celtic abomination. Once we cover that we can say that the Borderpool will be essentially done. Version 1.0 if you prefer. We could continue to patch things or move into other basemaps. I wouldn't recommend M-BAM as the coastlines aren't that great and borders are mostly approximations. I'd say we pick 8K Bam, 2K Bam or any of the EqualX Projections.

upload_2019-9-2_8-34-32.png

ST15RM

Banned
Well theorically we've covered the entire of world excepting the Celtic abomination. Once we cover that we can say that the Borderpool will be essentially done. Version 1.0 if you prefer. We could continue to patch things or move into other basemaps. I wouldn't recommend M-BAM as the coastlines aren't that great and borders are mostly approximations. I'd say we pick 8K Bam, 2K Bam or any of the EqualX Projections.

View attachment 484933
well i call dibs on walireland

well i call dibs on walireland
Fix Cornwall too, it looks like it has a weird inland bay there.
I don't see Literally Every Native Reservation on the map, for instance. :biggrin:
There's the main Q-BAM for that, I don't think it's practical to add native reservations to the borderpool given most of them are really small and would overlap heavily with other borders, and taking into account the Borderpool only has one "subdivision" colour...

View attachment 484933
What time period should we cover mainly? I think that if people start at a certain time period, then it’ll help in making the next patches. For example, we could start at the four Irish divisions of Connacht, Munster, Leinster, and Ulster, and go from there with the edits.

What time period should we cover mainly? I think that if people start at a certain time period, then it’ll help in making the next patches. For example, we could start at the four Irish divisions of Connacht, Munster, Leinster, and Ulster, and go from there with the edits.
I guess the borderpool should center in borders from the X Century forwards and only display clearly defined borders (for example, we could add the duchy of Franconia at that time, but not the borders of the Gökturks). But the main focus IMO should be post-French Revolution borders. About Ireland, starting with the four regions plus the Pale sounds nice to me.

Preserved Wales Patch.png

I had Wales mapped, with the original borders largely kept due to uncertainty. Including: historical Montgomeryshire, Radnorshire, Brecknockshire (violet, under today's Powys), Monmouthshire, Glamorganshire (in green), and Flintshire (also in violet). Also including: linguistic borders of Wales (mostly as of mid-XVIII century), with a specific orange colour for Little England Beyond Wales. Dark blue (standard colour for Anglesey) is used for all of Wales outside the aforementioned six historical counties and LEBW.

And... The four provinces of Ireland, The Pale, Meath, Northern Ireland with Counties Antrim and Down further cut out (Irish Protestants) and Osraige / Ossory.
Ireland patch.png

Colours used (counterclockwise from north):
Ulster
Connacht
Munster
Leinster/Ireland
Dublin
Meath (also applicable to The Pale, though I used a black border instead)
Northern Ireland

Last edited: