Public Forum

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Ian the Admin, Nov 30, 2010.

1. saltburn861 Well-Known Member

Is it wrong to admit to using cracked/pirated software on here (without actually linking to any download sites, of course!) or is that breaking any rules?

I'm not trying to endorse piracy, but equally, I don't want to lie about the fact I've used it. (someone did ask me about using InDesign on here and I admitted I did use pirated copies).

2. Stretch The One Who Has Seen Too Much

What good free websites would you recommend to set up a blog? I know about Wix and BlogSpot, any others?

3. Indicus Stuff

Torontum, Ontarium Minor, Imperium Romanum
    Wordpress.

4. Hallowmaster I just read a book! Donor

What does Mark Forums Read do?

5. Evilprodigy Evil Overlord of NWCG Donor

It marks them as read so the text doesn't show up bold on the forums and you don't get the bold "New" next to posts you haven't read.

Hallowmaster likes this.
  6. 33k7 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Evan likes this.
  7. killertahu22 I Hate Ronald Reagan

Probably a dumb question, but is there any reason this website doesn’t have “quote culture” like uselectionatlas? For those who don’t know what I mean, when a user agreed with a post on there, they will simply quote it and put nothing in the text box. Am I missing something? Or is it considered spam? Or did no one here find it necessary to do so.

8. Zagan Donor

Just hit "Like".

9. killertahu22 I Hate Ronald Reagan

I don’t want to quote haha I was just wondering why we didn’t

Is that why?

Zagan likes this.
  10. Mark1878 Well-Known Member

It stops some mess in the timelines so easier to read. Also if watching a thread you don't want to be notified and then have to go to thread to see you have wasted your time as nothing has been added.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    killertahu22, Anja and nbcman like this.
  11. Carbon2846 Трахни меня, это сглаживание!

Hey, I’m a newbie, as it seems they call people like me, so thats a rip. doubt I’m posting in the correct place here, even. just wanna know where I post the kind of stuff I make, which is mainly resources for people to map, or straight up scenarios aka alt history (which I assume is the post 1900 and pre 1900 forums). I have really not had the balls to post here for a while now, since this community is somehow fun but still full of critics and grammar nazis at the same time. just wanted to make sure and would like a reply from an admin, an experienced poster would be appreciated as well if admins are not available. again, sorry if I am posting in the wrong place, but that leads to my reason for posting. If I am in the wrong thread then ыуат

12. Analytical Engine Monarchist Collectivist Federalist

Honestly, I find it irritating when people quote something without actually adding anything, like a question, comment, etc.

If you simply like the post and have nothing else to add, then just hit "like". That's what it's for. Otherwise you are just cluttering the thread.

13. Garrett Garlits Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem, Dingus.

14. Caravels of Portugal Well-Known Member

What's the reason websites like Stormfront and other like-minded websites are not allowed on the Board?

15. TC9078 Empire

No shit the forum isn't gonna want you to link to a neo-Nazi forum

16. Lalli Well-Known Member

Why any site should accept some alt-right, neo-nazi, misogynist or pro-piracy sites?

17. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Seriously?

18. Caravels of Portugal Well-Known Member

I get it now. It's a website filled with stuff you wouldn't want to put on the Board without getting a heavy Kick or the Banhammer by the Moderators.