Public Forum

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Ian the Admin, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Skallagrim Not the one from YouTube. Different other fellow.

That might completely derail the thread. The misc. thread, as it is, mostly exists to house the exact kind of in-universe speculation that this topic isn't. Over on other sites, threads about fac-casting ideas have occasionally gone on for dozens of pages. That may not happen here, but since there's a lot of characters one might care to fan-cast, this can get lengthy. A separate thread seems most sensible to me. I'm just wondering where to put it.

Zagan likes this.
  2. Xenophonte Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat.

First, I was trying to help but perhaps I would be had given you a more useful suggestion/opinion if you would have mentioned, earlier, your dislike/reject for the Misc. option. Given that, seems, from my perspective, that if you had discarded Media and Misc. that Fandom would stand as the only that would remain. Perhaps somebody could give you a more useful for you, advice.

3. Skallagrim Not the one from YouTube. Different other fellow.

Eh, don't sweat it. I appreciate the suggestion, I just don't think it's the best option in this case. Thanks anyway. I'm sure one of the mods will know what the approprate subforum is-- it's their call, after all.

4. H.Flashman(VC) Well-Known Member

There's already almost a week a trollish text in the finished timeline and scenarios section under latest. Too much honor. Can't it be removed?

Ferd42 likes this.
  5. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

The thread was deleted within hours of being made. If you are truly troubled by the reminder it once existed, you can post your own finished timeline or scenario that will take its place as the most recent thread in the forum.

Zagan likes this.
  6. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

It's definitely Media and Fandom, probably worth its own thread.

Skallagrim likes this.
  7. H.Flashman(VC) Well-Known Member

It is not the first time this happened, and that ofcourse has to do that there are no very regular updates there. The text this time is not as annoying as other times, but still to give no honor to those spammers i ask permission to start a thread that isn't a finished timeline (i wish i could pull one out of the hat in an instance, but no) but will be used to quickly remove ridicolous spam there.

8. saltburn861 Well-Known Member

I'm considering using Post Test Messages for WI drafts for Alternate History Pre-1900, is that a good usage as well as it being for testing formatting etc.?

Also for some RP ideas too.

Is it good to have several threads, or one megathread in there?

As a general rule, is it for testing, or a drafts forum?

Checking to make sure I'm within the rules.

9. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

No, that's silly.

The Tai-Pan and Lemon flavoured like this.
  10. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

Whichever, whatever.

11. nbcman Donor

Or if the 'trollish text' bothers a user, the user can enter the Finished Timeline and Scenarios forum and click the 'Ignore Forum'. To unignore it, go to your personal details page and click on Forums You Ignore and remove the ignore.

12. saltburn861 Well-Known Member

As regards soft alternate history, is that better in Alien Space Bats or another forum on here - if we're going by Type II or Type III on the Sliding Scale of Alternate History Plausibility your wiki mentions?

I know where hard alternate history (with a realistic outcome) mostly goes - Alternate History: Pre-1900 OR Alternate History: Post-1900, but aren't sure so much about soft alternate history.

13. Lalli Well-Known Member

If you need magic to TL/thread it is then ASB but soft AH can go to pre-/post-1900 if it just not need any magic being possible.

EDIT: And AH threads with any astrological/geological/evolutionary changes too go to ASB.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    saltburn861 likes this.
  14. saltburn861 Well-Known Member

Does an enlarged United Kingdom 3 times larger than OTL's one count as ASB, or just plain ol' AH?

15. Anja Frank & Frei

16. Lalli Well-Known Member

If it is geological change it belongs to ASB forum.

17. Ferd42 Well-Known Member

Why is it that I can download a file from this site, makes some minor changes and then when I reupload it is too big?

18. Gwrtheyrn Annwn A Welshman at Heart

Probably because the file you downloaded wasn't actually 'on' the site, but had been copied from a host site like imgur.

Ferd42 likes this.
  19. Zagan Donor

Was the server upgrade successful?

20. theg*ddam*hoi2fan Beware of the Leopard

Under a bridge, handing out business cards
    Ah, so that was why I couldn’t get into the site :D

King_Arthur and Guaire like this.