Public Forum

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Ian the Admin, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ETGalaxy Long live the King of America!

Yeah, I remember reading the YouTube comments section for a trailer on some Star Wars television show, and after stumbling across a comment claiming that all of the problems with modern Star Wars are caused by having a diverse cast of people at Disney I couldn't help but think, "AlternateHistory.com really spoils me."

Indicus, King_Arthur, Petike and 5 others like this.
  2. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

Clockpunk Zemplín Kingdom / Franz Josef's Land
    Call me hedonistic, but it is good to be spoilt by the high standards of AH.com. :cool:

YouTube whiners and Internet trolls can go suck an elbow with their bile-filled opinions.

ETGalaxy and Xenophonte like this.
  3. King_Arthur The Once and Present King

A couple of weeks ago, I wasted my time reading a 100 post long argument between a first class Wehrboo and someone who actually knew stuff about history in the comments section for one of AlternateHistoryHub's videos.

Petike likes this.
  4. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

Our civilisation, especially in developed countries, really is the ultimate maestro in time-wasting, isn't it ? I'll confess I've done similar pointless time-wasting from time to time. Bile fascination with these sorts of arguments and all that (some have tabloid gossip mags, I have this), but it's good that I generally try to kick this habit. Still, trainwrecks are fun to watch, especially if you have someone actually educated and knowledgeable commenting on them.

5. King_Arthur The Once and Present King

The video was a Seamammal one and he seemed to think that real life was HoI and German could parachute the entire Heer into Britain.

6. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

*WWII British soldiers looking at shredded wrecks of slow German transport planes falling from the skies*

*WWII British soldiers drinking whiny, salty Wehraboo tears*

----

EBR made a short film years ago, about an Operation Sealion that had everything poured into it, in:

The result ? A complete fiasco, and the nazis lost the war several years sooner, due to the sheer amount of logistical, morale and propaganda damage they received from such a monumentally stupid move.

Xenophonte and King_Arthur like this.
  7. Donald Reaver Still alive Donor

Society takes time to evolve, technology does not. I have gone from vinyl, tape recorders, cassettes, (avoided 8tracks) to a awesome for me at the time vhs tape, actually recording show was fantastic. Personal computers, first internet sites, c.d.'s, d.v.d's then blue rays. Downloadable content becoming the rule, p.v.r. love that. Starting to fall behind now at times but want to see the future even more.

nbcman likes this.
  8. Ferd42 Well-Known Member

Can one get in trouble for reporting something if that turns out not be the case?

Zagan likes this.
  9. Songoku95 GO VOLS GO BIG ORANGE

Hixson, Tennessee, USA, Earth, Sol, Universe 7
    If I ask for a self-imposed ban/fishing trip, how do I ask for it to end.

All of my fishing trips were kicks, I need to know how to go back from a banning-style fishing trip.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 8:25 PM
  10. Donald Reaver Still alive Donor

P.M a mod, give them your details for how long you want it to last, or ask for a open end. Then contact a mod to end it.

11. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

When you go on a Fishing trip/temp Ban the confirming message includes instructions on how to contact Ian to have the Ban lifted.

12. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. Donor

Not really as far as I know. For systematically abusing the report system, you can get into trouble, but not if you really thought something was a rule violation.

Ferd42 and Zagan like this.
  13. Aviennca's Pupil Well-Known Member

Are gifs allowed in Chat?

14. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

Sure.

15. Caravels of Portugal Well-Known Member

Is glorifying notorious individuals a grounds for a kick or a ban?

16. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

That's one of those weird hypotheticals no one is going to be able to answer. The rules are posted, you are asked not to break the rules.

King_Arthur likes this.