Public Forum

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Ian the Admin, Nov 30, 2010.

1. EllisJ Member

Is it against the rules to express support for Israeli/Jewish settlements?

Dingus Khan, King_Arthur and Ferd42 like this.
  2. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Sort of tough to express support for something that flat out violated the Geneva Conventions.

Dingus Khan likes this.
  3. Ferd42 Well-Known Member

Is "Israel has done somethings wrong, but I support a two state solution" considered okay?

Dingus Khan likes this.
  4. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Yes.

Dingus Khan, King_Arthur and Ferd42 like this.
  5. Wolttaire Well-Known Member

Why was earth moves into mars postion thread closes it followed all the rules for making a well thought out scenario sure it could be a downer scenario but it was well thought out and meanwhile many ASB thread where a lot of people will die have not been locked

6. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Because it was an absolute "everyone dies, no ifs, ands, or buts" scenario.

It wasn't "a lot of people die". It was a "everything with a notochord and most other families die" with even water bears asking "WTF just happened?"

Barry Bull and Xenophonte like this.
  7. Wolttaire Well-Known Member

I don’t think that true that everyone would die

8. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Once the ground temp reached about 40C below on the Equator, which would take under five years, everyone and everything would die.

Mars get 58% less energy from the Sun than the Earth.

9. Wolttaire Well-Known Member

In the mars is replaced by earth thread u will find many who disagree that everything will go to that temp and I assume you are operating under the snowball earth theory even then they would have enough time to dig underground and get to warm places

Zagan likes this.
  10. Xenophonte Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat.

You must consider that even if the humanity, as specie, manage to survive, wouldn't be able to avoid being near to be wiped at short term with that would mean a mass death scenery for most of the world population. But the discussed scenery would be even worse for the Earth ecosphere for which would be worse that almost all the registered geological mass extinction events. Because it's very dubious that any more complex that the bacteria would survive the instant orbital change from the actual to the Mars one.

11. Wolttaire Well-Known Member

Oh yah a lot of people would die and this would be a mass death for many of earth species but some areas in parts of the year would be above freezing and while most of the earth would be below freezing some would be above freezing

12. LordandsaviorKloka Son of Gondor

Another TL placement question

Should a TL involving manned Venus landings automatically go to ASB? The PoD is in the early 50s,the manned Venus landing takes place around 2005 using technology obviously quite a bit ahead of ours at that point

Dlg123 likes this.
  13. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Not automatically, but the description of the Tech would have to be so drawn out ASB might be easier.

Dlg123 likes this.
  14. interpoltomo please don't do coke in the bathroom

can we ban dbwis or at least restrict to Shared Worlds please?

15. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

No reason for a ban or rule change. If people post a roleplaying thread and call it a "DBWI", I lock it or move it to Shared Worlds.

Indicus, Dlg123, King_Arthur and 3 others like this.
  16. Songoku95 GO VOLS GO BIG ORANGE

Hixson, Tennessee, USA, Earth, Sol, Universe 7
    I would like to Thank Ian and the mods (Calbear, Burton, and Dom) for providing a site where the level of toxicity and vitriol found elsewhere either doesn't exist or is nipped in the bud when it does happen. Thanks for making this forum the best site I have ever come across in all my years of having access to the internet (when I got my first computer for Christmas in 2010.). I appreciate the work you do. I shall give y'all some cake, and a basket of Salmon and blueberries for Calbear.

phrynolatry, ETGalaxy, Ferd42 and 5 others like this.
  17. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Why, thank you. Berries are hard to come by this time of year. :D

Petike, Ferd42, King_Arthur and 2 others like this.
  18. FickleCrossroad Dormant Poet

Is there a way to change the color scheme on this site? I remember before the ZenForo upgrade we could, and other ZenForo sites allow alternate color schemes, but I can't find the switch on here.

(Trying to switch it to dark/night so I can read in bed and it hopefully doesn't keep me up as much.)

Thanks!

Anja likes this.
  19. Xenophonte Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat.

Well, if your machine system doesn't have this feature, have you think in trying to use a browser extension that would allow you to read in 'night mode'?

20. FickleCrossroad Dormant Poet

I mainly am on my Kindle, closest I can get is making the tabs and toolbar dark.

ZenForo (and the last version of this site), allows switching between different color schemes. I can't find it in the preferences here.

A night mode would be freaking awesome if it exists.