Public Forum

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Ian the Admin, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Gwrtheyrn Annwn A Welshman at Heart

Trolling as soon as you join/with your first few posts.

2. Lalli Well-Known Member

And ending usually immediate ban.

3. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

Clockpunk Zemplín Kingdom / Franz Josef's Land
    I'd just like to thank Ian for creating a brand new version of the clickable overview of "who posted in this thread" for the current board software. When we switched to the new software, it was one of the features I missed. I'm really happy to see it's made a modern comeback now ! I love how it's implemented.

Now the board feels really awesome and modern. :cool: I've been on AH.com for over a decade now, and I think the board has never looked better than now. :cool:

4. TC9078 Empire

It took long enough, the SB and spinoff forums have had that feature for years...

But, at least he was nice enough to add it. Now if only he added the thing that would shrink long quoted posts automatically then it would be amazing.

5. Shevek23 Spherical Cow-poke

Or the ability to paste in spreadsheets as tables.

6. Gwrtheyrn Annwn A Welshman at Heart

Hadn't even noticed it until you mentioned its existence but now that I know about it, it is surprisingly useful/interesting to look at. :p

Petike likes this.
  7. mspence Well-Known Member

8. Lalli Well-Known Member

Using Wikipedia is not prohibited but copying without crediting original source is altough I don't know what there exactly happened.

9. Caravels of Portugal Well-Known Member

What subforum should I place my collaborative AH timeline post? It's a pop-culture and entertainment-focused timeline set in a world where the Fifth Great Awakening caused a draconian restrictions on entertainment.

10. nbcman Donor

User X_X was a sock puppet of a user that spammed dozens of posts all over the forum about a week ago after they were banned.

11. Kalga Yell's Shipyard

Pretty sure X_X isn't the sockpuppet, but rather the merely the last person who replied in that thread that the actual sockpuppet posted in before the whole thing was deleted.

Zagan likes this.
  12. nbcman Donor

Yes, you are correct. My apologies to X_X.

13. Eonex Member

I have a question, does the forum has a Welcome and Farewells sections? Or you just can start posting everywhere? I mean, I always want to post something but I fear that it won’t be in the appropriate section. Thanks for answering.

14. Gwrtheyrn Annwn A Welshman at Heart

You can just starting posting anywhere, if you're unsure about where something should go, you can ask or look at the other threads.

cpip and Eonex like this.
  15. Zealous Specter New Member

I have a question. Is there a way to change the background of the site to be something darker. And less blindingly white and migraine inducing, because I can barely last ten minutes without thinking of taking migraine pills. I tried looking through preferences and other profile option but I could not find anything.

16. Evilprodigy Evil Overlord of NWCG Donor

Most computers and mobile phones should have an invert colour option that should give you black and orange rather than white and blue.

I have my computer set to scale down the amount of blue light around 9pm, it gives the screen an orange tint that is easier on the eyes especially later in the day. I'd recommend enabling that if you have migrated options. It should be in a blue light setting somewhere.

There are also indoor sunglasses that filter out blue light to keep off eye strain which would probably be more effective.

Zagan likes this.
  17. cpip Penguin Wrangler

East of the Rockies, West of the Appalachians
    It doesn't, but -- Welcome aboard!

Eonex likes this.
  18. Eonex Member

Thanks! I mean, I used to lurk here a long time ago, so I made an account, but then I continued doing it so, it may be time to say something haha

19. Alternatehistory95 Praise God and Jesus. John 3:16

Hixson, Tennessee, USA, Earth, Sol, Universe 7
  20. Caravels of Portugal Well-Known Member

@CalBear I want to create an ASB about a world where every ethnic and religious group become countries, but I don't want to receive a kick. What should I do?