Public Forum

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Ian the Admin, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Ian the Admin Administrator Donor

This thread is for discussion, suggestions, and complaints related to official forum business. This includes kicking/banning, other moderator and administrator decisions, the rules, and the organization of the site.

Please keep on topic. People shouldn't have to wade through tangents to see the actual forum business.

Petike and Ddmkm122 like this.
  2. PhilKearny Free Bill Cameron! Free TFSmith121, too!

Concerning the kicking of Kiat on 11/30/2010 for putative nationalistic insults

Given Kiat was responding to a mocking original post (set out below), I agree with MNP's analysis. Conversely, applying the standard Kiat was kicked to the original post, then the original would seem to be grounds for its poster being kicked--a position with which I also disagree.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. the_lyniezian Banned

Question (yes, about the creationism thing again): is it against the rules to post threads relating to creationism even if you're not in favour of it, and avoid attracting alleged 'crazies'? Seems to be the way I read the current rules and would be fairest if so, but am I getting it wrong?

St. Emmerich Kuon and Ddmkm122 like this.
  4. MNP Dark Souls 3!

Question: Is it considered flaming or trolling to call another member a showoff? (Yes I know we are all showoffs here but sometimes it gets excessive...)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Emperor-of-New-Zealand It's a figure of speech

I have a question: Is it against the actual rules to quote maps in the map thread or anywhere else? If not, the reason seems good enough to make it so, and I'm sure people are getting tired of telling those who do not listen.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Mako_Leader Well-Known Member

The "I am straight" farce

Dealt with.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

Report, don't discuss it here.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Mako_Leader Well-Known Member

Firstly, I did report it.
    Secondly, according to Ian's opening at the top of this forum, discussion of moderator action (or inaction) is exactly what this forum is for.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. MNP Dark Souls 3!

Moderator actions sure, but what about in-actions? It seems like you were just impatient once you reported it. However I don't see why you can't discuss a report that does end up failing and I think it would be better if we did discuss it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. the_lyniezian Banned

Is the Vlad Tepes Award now completely prohibited or just something Burton finds annoying?

(And yes, Burton, I know I PMed you about it, bu good to have open and official confirmation.)

Would be good to get responses to questions posted here.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

As I told you, I'd just like to discourage the trend of people posting it in a thread with no other commentary.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. the_lyniezian Banned

Why has the Frivolous ASB Ideas Thread been destickied?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

Why was it ever stuck?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. the_lyniezian Banned

I'd assume it was to make it easy for the newbies to see so they knew not to post frivolous or silly ideas as their own thread. Makes sense, really. To me.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

They really shouldn't be posting such things at all. I thought about locking it along with its retarded brother, but I'll let them live for now.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. the_lyniezian Banned

Come on. It does make sense to have a little bit of harmless fun now and then, in amongst the more serious threads.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

Speaking as someone who once posted a Successful Sealion thread in Post-1900 (on April 1st), I certainly don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with encouraging stupid posting in a serious discussion forum. A funny joke that has a little effort put into it, like the Santa Claus in WWII thread is fine. If you want zany chatter, go to NPC or 4chan or somewhere. ASB is not a forum where you get to act any stupider than in any other discussion forum.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. the_lyniezian Banned

Thing is, surely Ian or someone else with prior mod priveleges must have thought it worthy of stickying? Or does it work differently?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Burton K Wheeler l'état profond, c'est moi Moderator

It was Glen, a long time ago. The moderation team has changed since then.

Why the fuck are you people so spun up about a dumb thread being unstuck?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. The Dude Banned

I'm pretty sure it's original purpose was to prevent a bunch of pointless ASB threads that clutter the forum. I don't care that much; I'm just providing a reason for stickying it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.