Prussian Limburg, does it become Germanized

Say the Talleyrand partition plan for Belgium goes through and Limburg becomes part of Prussia.

How likely would it be for Limburg to be Germanized with the inhabitants speaking German and identifying as German

Say the Talleyrand partition plan for Belgium goes through and Limburg becomes part of Prussia.

How likely would it be for Limburg to be Germanized with the inhabitants speaking German and identifying as German
Isn't that area sort of a "transitional" one as far as dialects go anyway? Difference between Lower German and Dutch isn't all that great to begin with *ducks* :p and since "nationalism" and concepts of language-based nationality hadn't quite firmly taken root yet, I'm not sure it would've mattered that much to the locals....

If you talk about Dutch Limburg, the local dialect was closer to the neighbouring German dialects than to Dutch, the population were mostly Catholic and beside some enclaves the province had only been under Dutch rule for 15 years. So if Prussia gain it, it will pretty much be German from day one.

Yes, this is what I think. The attribution of Maastricht, Roermond and Venlo is not a particularly significant variable. At least adding Luxembourg?
Good to know that the next eighty years of history are immutable and partitioning Belgium won't affect history at all.

I suppose the question 80 years later, should the Talleyrand Partition go through, would be, "Belgium? What's this 'Belgium' of which you speak?" :)