Merry Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, or whatever you celebrate. I bring tidings of joy. The last installment, the final countdown, has been underway for days now. I'm taking my time with this one because I want to get it right. I will not be progressing through reconstruction, but I may do an epilogue depending on how I feel after writing the ending. It has been a wild six-plus year journey, and I will be glad to be done with it from the standpoint of being freed up to work more on my other stories.

My goal is to publish it on New Year's Eve. Stay tuned.
Hard to believe that next year will mark 40 years since The Exchange.

Missed the deadline
I'm sure you noticed I didn't make NYE. A work crunch got in the way, because I had duty this past week and several of my colleagues were on vacation (two still are!) and in a small group of software folks, well, that puts a lot on those of us who are here. Anyway, the work continues, the writing has not stopped, and the story is not dead.

Since the epilogue will be coming up soon, here's a video about one of the main characters of the story, Governor Bob Graham--as a sideline reporter for a Dolphins playoff game?!? Yeah, it happened in the Browns-Dolphins divisional round playoff matchup in the 1985 season (in early 1986) when he was running for the US Senate. Here's a video that explains more (and goes more into his support of football as governor):

(This is not going to happen in TTL, sad to say--though I do suspect there will be football of some sort after a while...)