Protect and Survive: A Timeline

Nice work. Can't say I'm surprised to see what are basically bandits impersonating the National Guard.
Be interesting to see what happens to the Swiss.

Macragge1

Banned
You bet we do!

BTW it's not a part of the US I'm familiar with, but have you checked about the accent? That kind of speech sounds rather southern to me.

Yeah; It's not a North-Eastern accent because this particular guy's from much further south - quite apart from this, I've got no idea how one would go about typing in a strong Nyoo Yaaahk accent.

Of course if you really want to create a weird post-war world have enough members of the royal family die so that the UK ends up in a personal union with Norway.

That's a long way down the line of succession. Trying to track down where various members of the Lascelles family are at any one moment would be fun.

If Macragge rings it so we end up with Queen Zara then ......

Macragge1

Banned
That's a long way down the line of succession. Trying to track down where various members of the Lascelles family are at any one moment would be fun.

Luckily, for the time being, there's enough normal royals around that they dont have to go scraping around for the really rogue ones just yet...

Norsefire rises, & becomes the British Government...? Enter V...

"This is the Voice Of Fate, on 275 & 285 on Medium Wave, & ...".

I doubt Harry will ever be born ITTL.

Even if Di is OK, James Hewitt was probably on active duty somewhere and died when the nukes fell.

Ah, I see you believe in that conspiracy theory then. :D

Much as I like the idea Zara is only a baby at this juncture and there are at least seven, or eight people ahead of her in the line of succession. I think it would take some really bad luck to get that far down the line.

Much as I like the idea Zara is only a baby at this juncture and there are at least seven, or eight people ahead of her in the line of succession. I think it would take some really bad luck to get that far down the line.

This is a nuclear war timeline though...

I make it five, now Charles is King Seagoon the First. :p

Prince William, Prince Andrew, Princess Edward, Princess Anne, Peter Phillips, Zara Phillips.

I've got her bio in the house so I'll double check where she was in the line of succession at this juncture. At the moment she's 12th.

Using wiki (yes, I know) I have managed to come up with what the line of succession would probably be in TTL. Just remind me, though, what year is this set, '84, or '85?

HM Queen Elizabeth II (d)
HM King Charles III/George VII (there are strong rumours Charles will take George as his regal name after his Grandfather)
HRH Prince William (b. 1982, probably now the de facto Prince of Wales, though he wouldn't be invested until he comes of age)
HRH Prince Henry (b. 1984, so Harry could be a possibility as an infant depending on what year this takes place. In any case the Princess of Wales was probably pregnant at the time of the attacks)
HRH The Duke of York (probably on active service in the RN)
HRH Prince Edward
HRH Princess Anne
Peter Phillips
Zara Phillips

I'm not too sure where the late Princess Margaret fitted in, but at my best guess there are at least seven individuals ahead of Zara.

Macragge1

Banned
I've got her bio in the house so I'll double check where she was in the line of succession at this juncture. At the moment she's 12th.

Using wiki (yes, I know) I have managed to come up with what the line of succession would probably be in TTL. Just remind me, though, what year is this set, '84, or '85?

HM King Charles III/George VII (there are strong rumours Charles will take George as his regal name after his Grandfather)
HRH Prince William (b. 1982, probably now the de facto Prince of Wales, though he wouldn't be invested until he comes of age)
HRH Prince Henry (b. 1984, so Harry could be a possibility as an infant depending on what year this takes place. In any case the Princess of Wales was probably pregnant at the time of the attacks)
HRH Prince Edward
HRH Princess Anne
Peter Phillips
Zara Phillips

I'm not too sure where the late Princess Margaret fitted in, but at my best guess there are at least seven individuals ahead of Zara.

The attacks take place in February 1984 ;)

HRH Prince Edward
HRH Princess Anne
Peter Phillips
Zara Phillips

I think it's well known that Charles will be George VII, it is felt that Charles is "unlucky" for British monarchs (also - John).

Princess Margaret comes after Princess Anne and her children. Prince Henry isn't born yet.

Prince Andrew is on HMS Brazen as a pilot, Prince Edward is at Fen Bog Polytechnic. As far as I can tell, no major Royals were overseas in early 1984 - of course, this is also subject to change. There may well have been a plan to pack someone not too junior off to, say, one of the remoter parts of New Zealand in a growing emergency.

The Wiki pages are probably pretty good on this subject - at least for the top couple of hundred, I know a couple of the editors and they are very attentive to detail.

Sir Chaos

Banned

HRH Prince Edward
HRH Princess Anne
Peter Phillips
Zara Phillips

What, they let the princes live? I thought "babies don´t work"?

Tovarich

Banned

Not so much a conspiracy theory, more the world's worst-kept secret;)

Credit to Charlie for one thing, though, he genuinely seems not to care and treats both his sons as his sons.

What, they let the princes live? I thought "babies don´t work"?

Yes, but the royal babies work just as hard and are every bit as productive as the royal adults:D