Proposed flags that were never adopted thread

Of all of the proposed/draft designs for the flag of the Republic of China, this immediately caught my attention; it was designed by Teo Eng Hock (張永福) and his wife.
900px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China_%28draft_1%29.svg.png

Of all of the proposed/draft designs for the flag of the Republic of China, this immediately caught my attention; it was designed by Teo Eng Hock (張永福) and his wife.
900px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China_%28draft_1%29.svg.png
Official flag of the American Chinese Colony, established in Fujian after the Boxer Rebellions and the Great Chinese War, 1923, colorized.

F11EB173-F91F-4089-81B2-752DBEE1E886.png

Here’s a flag proposal by Mikhail Rodionov for the RSFSR. He was accused of nationalism and was executed after the Leningrad affair.

Last edited:
No, I have no idea why the purple flags are emblazoned with a standard that looks like a rip off of the British royal standard. If someone can give me some background on the purple flags, that'd be welcome.
At a guess the standard seems to show the English/British, French and Spanish coats of arms which I guess is an allusion to the history of the areas that made up the CSA (former British colonies, former Spanish colonies and former French colonies).
The antebellum South also had a bit of an obsession with the Normans, which those lions very strongly harken back to.

King Charles III wasn't a fan of how not unique it was, so he decided that it was due for a changing. These were the proposed flags to become the new Spanish War Ensign:
Strange to think there was ever a time when one would pick a triband design for its uniqueness.

[QUOTE = "Crazy Boris, post: 18982758, membro: 107043"]
nz!pro4.gif

Penso que esta é a minha favorita das propostas da Nova Zelândia. Preto / branco / azul é uma combinação de cores muito legal, eu acho. [/ CITAÇÕES]
Me admira muito que o plebiscito realizado em seu país tenha mantido (me perdoe pelo que vou dizer) aquela horrível bandeira com a tal da "Union Jack" que representa apenas o colonialismo além de ser igualmente horrível.Que pena,amigo,essa bandeira Preta,branca e azul com as estrelas vermelhas e brancas é simplesmente maravilhosa e me entristece saber que abriram mão dela para ficarem com uma bandeira ultrapassada.Sou brasileiro e não acho a bandeira do Brasil muito bonita não mas pelo menos fomos nós que escolhemos.

ST15RM

Banned
nz!pro4.gif

Penso que esta é a minha favorita das propostas da Nova Zelândia. Preto / branco / azul é uma combinação de cores muito legal, eu acho. [/ CITAÇÕES]
Me admira muito que o plebiscito realizado em seu país tenha mantido (me perdoe pelo que vou dizer) aquela horrível bandeira com a tal da "Union Jack" que representa apenas o colonialismo além de ser igualmente horrível.Que pena,amigo,essa bandeira Preta,branca e azul com as estrelas vermelhas e brancas é simplesmente maravilhosa e me entristece saber que abriram mão dela para ficarem com uma bandeira ultrapassada.Sou brasileiro e não acho a bandeira do Brasil muito bonita não mas pelo menos fomos nós que escolhemos.
you do know that this is an english-language forum, yes? (not that i am unwelcome of other languages)
if you’re not fluent it’s fine to use google translate.

EDIT: if you’re wondering what luis said here it’s this:
“I am very surprised that the plebiscite held in your country has kept (forgive me for what I will say) that horrible flag with that "Union Jack" that represents only colonialism besides being equally horrible. Too bad, friend, that Black flag , white and blue with the red and white stars is simply wonderful and it saddens me to know that they gave it up to have an outdated flag. I'm Brazilian and I don't think the Brazilian flag is very beautiful but at least we were the ones who chose.”

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
[QUOTE = "Crazy Boris, post: 18982758, membro: 107043"]
nz!pro4.gif

Please note that posts not in English may be reported as containing abusive language and/or Ban-worthy content. Moderators will NOT attempt to translate non-English content to verify (computer translation frequently fails to properly display such language, especially in idiom).

It is highly advisable to post all content either in English or with an English translation.