Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

I think that in boundary determination, "valley" and "basin" are used pretty interchangeably... one possible exception would be where a tributary passes through a water gap - e.g. the Valley of the Danube in Wallachia would include the basin up to the crest of the Carpathians, but would not include the basin of the Olt that lies on the north side of the ridge...
I would think that "valley" does not include the basins of major tributaries to the river, while basin is the entire drainage area of a river.

Were there any plans for the US govt. to interfere in the ruins of Europe after WW3, because Europe being the front bumper between the US and USSR would have been chewed up pretty badly even in a 1950s WW3 scenario?

That one's the most obscure, but as far as I can tell he was interested in working with local monarchists (including the current President of Ecuador) in establishing a political union of the Andean countries (what particular borders those would be I don't know) under the rule of either a Catholic prince of his choosing or potentially himself, with the Kingdom being similar to the British dominions.
Probably Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia.

Does anyone know more about Roux Marcilly (or Marsilly) conspiracy? It was an attempt for formation for anti-french coalition, consisting of Spain, Netherland, Switzerladn and England or assasination of Louis XIV.
There was also hope of rebellion in some provinces, who would be then turned into independent republic(s) or put under sovereignity of english king Charles and/or duke of York. Also, recent french gains would be returned to Spain.
Roux Marcilly.png

I didn't know the US and Canada had beef with eachother.
Countries make war plans against lots of other countries, regardless of how likely that would be.

Better to be prepared and not need them, and all that.
Yeah, these were plans from the 1920's, a time in which America had a whole rainbow of potential war plans and Canada had this scheme on the backburner just in case there was a potential war between the U.S. and the British Empire.

Also, one evolution of the Inca Plan would have seen Argentina not with an Incan monarch, but with a not Spanish Bourbon, namely either the Duke of Parma or the Duke of Orleans, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

Also, one evolution of the Inca Plan would have seen Argentina not with an Incan monarch, but with a not Spanish Bourbon, namely either the Duke of Parma or the Duke of Orleans, if Wikipedia is to be believed.
There were also ideas to crown Infante Francisco de Paula of Spain as King, the Infante declined, obviously, but a guy named Domingo Cabarrús came up with the idea to kidnap the Infante and forcefully crown him king. The Argentinian diplomats in London declined, though, lol.

There were also ideas to crown Infante Francisco de Paula of Spain as King, the Infante declined, obviously, but a guy named Domingo Cabarrús came up with the idea to kidnap the Infante and forcefully crown him king. The Argentinian diplomats in London declined, though, lol.
Now let’s all imagine the equivalent if the British did it with their own monarchs, with the Queen making passive-agreesive swipes during addresses to parliament. Depends if she even shows up, or if she manages to use the diamonds in her crown to cut open a window discretely and make a rope ladder out of of her long ermine cape. Though I suppose that is kept for coronations rather than royal addresses, given how narrow those aisles are.

Last edited: