Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

His son Hannibal Gaddafi and daughter-in-law were arrested for allegedly beating their servants at a hotel, detained for two days and then released. He took it quite personally and this lead to a two-year-long diplomatic crisis between Switzerland and Libya, with Swiss assets in the country being shut down, flights canceled, billions of dollars withdrawn, two businessmen being arrested and held hostage, and Gaddafi himself being quite adamant that Switzerland was a land of infidels that needed to be destroyed.

Oh, and this proposal? It was made at the 35th G8 Summit. Publicly.

Basically, it was one huge tyrannical temper tantrum.
and here i was about to guess that some Swiss guy called him a meanie-meanie poopface one time or something XD

View attachment 706669
Related to this, we have Gaddafi's proposal to dismantle Switzerland from back in 2009.
GaddafiSwitzerland.png
Don't think this has ever actually been done in worlda, though I haven't actually looked through my archive come to think of it...

The British back then refered to the South Part of the Oregon Country as American Columbia, since to them "Oregon" didn't exist, it had always been called Columbia by British settlers and administration. "Oregon Country", which the American settlers and administration used came from the French fur traders that sometimes crossed the Rockies, calling the place between basically the Klamath and the Queen Charlotte Islands "Pays de l'Ouragon", which itself came from the Spanish Orájon or Oréjon

I thought Oregon came from a native (Ojibwe?) word "Waurecan," which meant "Great River." It was originally tied to the Ohio, and then was tied by French trappers to the mythical "River of the West," a series of rivers lakes and portages that would lead from the Northwest Territories to the Pacific.
The answer, as with many things we don't have the direct historical cause physically in hand for, is 'yes? maybe?'

Either of these are logical constructions for the etymology, and there's not quite enough proof to know which one is true- indeed, they could both be true, as the initial English-language associations of the river-of-the-west with the word 'Oregon' or its etymological precursors came in part from maps made by people who could have seen one or both of those terms used, or indeed could have conflated them by accident themselves. In any case, while it was becoming increasingly common as a term in the late 1700s, it wasn't until the 1817 publication of William Cullen Bryant's poem Thanatopsis that the modern spelling and the region became irrevocably connected in the American mind.

the japan map always made me wonder, was there ever a source given? ive always been interested in it yet i have a hard time finding anything concrete outside of maps saying it was a plan

That was the proposed occupation zones put forward by planning staff for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Truman nixed the idea though.

The book "The Allied occupation of Japan" by Eiji Takemae and Robert Ricketts is supposed to have a bit more specific details on this (on page 95 I believe)

is anyone aware of an accurate Worlda version of the German postwar plans for eastern commissariats? I've seen a few in Axis victory scenario maps that are pretty close but take too many liberties to be considered accurate, and not many (really none iirc) depict any subdivisions within the commissariats either, let alone accurate ones.
german_postwar_plans_for_the_east.jpg

is anyone aware of an accurate Worlda version of the German postwar plans for eastern commissariats? I've seen a few in Axis victory scenario maps that are pretty close but take too many liberties to be considered accurate, and not many (really none iirc) depict any subdivisions within the commissariats either, let alone accurate ones.
View attachment 707334
I have been looking for a map like this for some time now, so thanks for this! I imagine the siberian borders aren't too accurate, though, given this is running off the AA line and not the later ural borders that would put a lot more effort into the volga.

That was the proposed occupation zones put forward by planning staff for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Truman nixed the idea though.

The book "The Allied occupation of Japan" by Eiji Takemae and Robert Ricketts is supposed to have a bit more specific details on this (on page 95 I believe)
if you can find it thatd be mighty nice

"When the northernmost point of South Dakota is further north than the northernmost point of North Dakota, it’s time we start rethinking some names." - Crazy Boris.
Tell that to the Virginians. Their western most point stretches further west than West Virginia.

One wonders given GeneralPlan ost what other genocidal settlement plans could have been drawn up and implemented in the 20th century - maybe French-Majority *Fascist French Algeria as in For All Time

Last edited:
Where is this from? This is the first I've seen a map of this.